Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Guess it must be all the ones I'm trying to open because I tried renaming them but get same error
Are you by chance using your phone to look at the pdf's. I had better luck on my windows computer with the name changing and it working. The phone, not so much.

You have an example pdf that isn't working for you that I can test?
Sponsored

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

update*
My car will be receiving a new transmission and the dealership will put me in a rental for the time being. Glad they are fixing it as the car has less than 200 miles on the odometer. So far no ETA on when I'll be getting the vehicle back. Hopefully the transmission isn't backordered. Frustrating situation but at least service rep was good.
Same here. 154 miles. Just told today. New tranny. Told me no loaner until it gets worse. Not sure how I feel about that..other than HUGELY disappointed.

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same here. 154 miles. Just told today. New tranny. Told me no loaner until it gets worse. Not sure how I feel about that..other than HUGELY disappointed.
Did they say how long your transmission would take to come in? I haven't heard anything from my dealer yet on when it will be completed. They sent me to Hertz rent a car with a ten day voucher but plan on extending it.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea, thatd be cool. Appreciate you.
I used this site: https://www.factory-manuals.com/ford-bronco&28&503

It looks a little sketchy, and asks you for vehicle specific details like your VIN to author the PDF for each trim/spec, but it worked well.

Essentially, the service manual used by mechanics is a web app, and is NOT a PDF document. Any PDF export is going to look kinda weird with odd formatting, this one is no exception. All of the important information and procedures are there though.

edit: the PDF export is like 400mb which overwhelms most PDF reader apps, especially the Files app on iOS. I use Adobe Acrobat on iOS and it works well enough and loads pretty quick.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did they say how long your transmission would take to come in? I haven't heard anything from my dealer yet on when it will be completed. They sent me to Hertz rent a car with a ten day voucher but plan on extending it.
Well I've been waiting 7 weeks. But the few parts that are missing at this point aren't the full transmission but that still took a month

Sponsored

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No repair details yet. The technician was still ā€œentering/submitting the orderā€ with Ford when I left. Iā€™ll know more by tomorrow or Monday.

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Kia EV6, Mach E, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point, IMHO, FORD would rather throw good money after bad in replacing transmissons and changing out bad parts for more bad parts thinking that will make the owner feel good. Not sure how in anyone's mind that makes sense but in the corporate world it must work out in the fuzzy math department. Sooner or later they will run out of transmissions and parts to attempt fixes, then hide under a rock!
I think Ford is more interested in minimizing a class action suit. In relation to some other quality issues I've experienced with my Bronco, based on some of the communications I have received in the last few days from both the dealership and the obnoxious bots who keep inserting themselves into quality conversations here, Ford could not possibly care less about the perceptions of individual buyers or after sales are finalized, the overall quality of the vehicles they produce.

CrestonBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I called my local Ford dealership (Pallota Ford in Wooster, OH) to set up an appointment to have them listen to the transmission and document the noise. He first tried to tell me the grinding noise was most likely just the oil ā€œwarming upā€. I told him about the known manual transmission issue and TSB. He then told me that since I didnā€™t buy it there it was there local company policy to send me back to where I purchased it (1 hour 45 minutes away). He said he didnā€™t want to look at it in case Ford wouldnā€™t reimburse them.
It is bad enough to have a $50k vehicle with a transmission problem but then to be denied service under warranty adds to what seems deceitful. My car made the noise on day 2 and has only 300 miles and is getting g worse.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are you by chance using your phone to look at the pdf's. I had better luck on my windows computer with the name changing and it working. The phone, not so much.

You have an example pdf that isn't working for you that I can test?
I tried phone and 7zip on PC.

Couldn't get many of the manual transmission ones to open. Disassembly and assembly of subassembly doesn't seem to open. I've renamed knock them down to as little as a single word and still won't open.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I used this site: https://www.factory-manuals.com/ford-bronco&28&503

It looks a little sketchy, and asks you for vehicle specific details like your VIN to author the PDF for each trim/spec, but it worked well.

Essentially, the service manual used by mechanics is a web app, and is NOT a PDF document. Any PDF export is going to look kinda weird with odd formatting, this one is no exception. All of the important information and procedures are there though.

edit: the PDF export is like 400mb which overwhelms most PDF reader apps, especially the Files app on iOS. I use Adobe Acrobat on iOS and it works well enough and loads pretty quick.
Thanks!

Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I called my local Ford dealership (Pallota Ford in Wooster, OH) to set up an appointment to have them listen to the transmission and document the noise. He first tried to tell me the grinding noise was most likely just the oil ā€œwarming upā€. I told him about the known manual transmission issue and TSB. He then told me that since I didnā€™t buy it there it was there local company policy to send me back to where I purchased it (1 hour 45 minutes away). He said he didnā€™t want to look at it in case Ford wouldnā€™t reimburse them.
It is bad enough to have a $50k vehicle with a transmission problem but then to be denied service under warranty adds to what seems deceitful. My car made the noise on day 2 and has only 300 miles and is getting g worse.
I keep hearing this. I thought you had the right to take your vehicle anywhere you want. Them denying service sounds like they aren't upholding their end of their ford commitment but apparently it's their right? Call ford customer service.

Last edited:

thebeav

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this has been asked on this somewhere, I couldnā€™t find it with search.
Have there been cases where there were sounds followed by the rig not working? Iā€™ve had my manual for 2 weeks and have the grinding sound. It looks like a lot of people have had their transmission replaced and still have the noise. If itā€™s just the sound, Iā€™ll hold off on losing my new bronco for a month+. If there are cases where it stopped working, thatā€™s a whole other story.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tried phone and 7zip on PC.

Couldn't get many of the manual transmission ones to open. Disassembly and assembly of subassembly doesn't seem to open. I've renamed knock them down to as little as a single word and still won't open.
In assembly, I renamed to Transmission.pdf and in disassembly, I renamed to Tranny.pdf. They both now work.
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 20230302_185003
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 20230302_185014
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 20230302_185031
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 20230302_185039

The only one I couldn't get to work was the installation one.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry if this has been asked on this somewhere, I couldnā€™t find it with search.
Have there been cases where there were sounds followed by the rig not working? Iā€™ve had my manual for 2 weeks and have the grinding sound. It looks like a lot of people have had their transmission replaced and still have the noise. If itā€™s just the sound, Iā€™ll hold off on losing my new bronco for a month+. If there are cases where it stopped working, thatā€™s a whole other story.
I believe there are 3 of us that have come forward more recently to report performance issues, grinding on 2nd gear itself and high REV for seemingly no reason while coasting for myself. Dealer deemed mine unsafe for those issues. That said for most it's just the noise. IMO never heard a noise on a car that ultimately didn't worse in symptoms later. My 2 cents

Last edited:

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In assembly, I renamed to Transmission.pdf and in disassembly, I renamed to Tranny.pdf. They both now work.

The only one I couldn't get to work was the installation one.
Ok, I will have to give it another shot on my desktop. Thanks for verifying those
Sponsored