First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone tried substituting a quart of 5w30 synthetic engine oil for a quart of DCT fluid?
Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone tried substituting a quart of 5w30 synthetic engine oil for a quart of DCT fluid?
Waste of time. Several have reported no difference with fluid swaps of other types. Plus I wouldn't encourage something that is not approved.

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that should be the new Ford quality slogan: It's not that bad. 🫤
Yeah, I'm a big Ford fan, but they are screwing the goat hard on this one. You're a multi-billion dollar company, GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER GEEZ. They have produced a great product to compete with Jeep and hammered Chevy doing the remake of the Blazer, what was Chevy thinking, but because it's a popular vehicle, they are trashing their own company with these quality issues, stupid, is what the management is. Yes, there are supply chain issues, but geez, most car companies aren't completely falling apart.

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Kia EV6, Mach E, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really is tragic but I guess the fact it seems all transmission production and parts are on hold, they might actually be looking at fixing the issue? There are enough out there that I don't think they can ignore it. Now performance issues arising with myself and others. I'm sure even the dealers are like wtf? They have to deal with our pain. Too many out there making the noise. First thing all of us ask each other in the wild. "Does yours make the noise?"
During the first week I had my Bronco, I noticed two bolts missing that secure the overhead portion of the Hardtop, the plate that connects the missing bolts was misaligned, and there were scratches and gouges to paint of the frame that supports the hardtop. I opened a case that went nowhere. Customer Care did not respond to my emails and closed the case without resolution. A second case was open, and now five months later my bronco has been at the dealership for three weeks with an ultimate outcome of Ford denying any warranty claims and the dealership fixing the plate and installing the bolts as a “courtesy.” It is a Lear build issue, and the best Customer care can do is forward me to a mailing address to dispute. I am angry to the point that I almost want to sell my bronco and Mach E and NEVER do business with Ford again. Ford Customer Care is worthless.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

During the first week I had my Bronco, I noticed two bolts missing that secure the overhead portion of the Hardtop, the plate that connects the missing bolts was misaligned, and there were scratches and gouges to paint of the frame that supports the hardtop. I opened a case that went nowhere. Customer Care did not respond to my emails and closed the case without resolution. A second case was open, and now five months later my bronco has been at the dealership for three weeks with an ultimate outcome of Ford denying any warranty claims and the dealership fixing the plate and installing the bolts as a “courtesy.” It is a Lear build issue, and the best Customer care can do is forward me to a mailing address to dispute. I am angry to the point that I almost want to sell my bronco and Mach E and NEVER do business with Ford again. Ford Customer Care is worthless.
Agree, quality is all over the board and this far I'm finding customer services is a bit terrible. Way too many situations like yours where dealer and Ford are putting their hands up.

Sponsored

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will say this. I for one am glad the Bronco isn’t our primary vehicle, and our others are mostly Toyotas.

I knew I was rolling the dice getting back into a Ford.
My sentiments exactly. (We have 2 Hondas) Im 60 years old my last Ford was 1970 mustang it had all sorts of rattles and poor build quality back then. I swore off american cars years ago I have not purchased an american car in over 40 plus years due to the horrible reliability and and qc issues that plague the amercan car industry. Should have trusted my instincts and stayed away from this one but i fell victim to the looks and i figured well its a manual they couldnt have screwed this up they are simple gearboxes and should be reliable. Il give Ford a chance maybe things are differnt now. Well here I am like everyone else with a car less than a moth old it was delivered with the issue from day one and was dropped off this morning at my local dealer to begin its journey into what im convinced is will be a long and frustarting headache. If Ford would buy back the car right now i would gladly get rid of it even it was at a slight loss. Life is to short to waste time with lemon cars and ongoing issues. This is what many years of car ownership and wisdom has taught me.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My sentiments exactly. (We have 2 Hondas) Im 60 years old my last Ford was 1970 mustang it had all sorts of rattles and poor build quality back then. I swore off american cars years ago I have not purchased an american car in over 40 plus years due to the horrible reliability and and qc issues that plague the amercan car industry. Should have trusted my instincts and stayed away from this one but i fell victim to the looks and i figured well its a manual they couldnt have screwed this up they are simple gearboxes and should be reliable. Il give Ford a chance maybe things are differnt now. Well here I am like everyone else with a car less than a moth old it was delivered with the issue from day one and was dropped off this morning at my local dealer to begin its journey into what im convinced is will be a long and frustarting headache. If Ford would buy back the car right now i would gladly get rid of it even it was at a slight loss. Life is to short to waste time with lemon cars and ongoing issues. This is what many years of car ownership and wisdom has taught me.
Well said. Careful tho, the Ford Fan Boyz get really uptight at the slightest negativity here.

Duds

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dropped mine off this morning. Service department said they had one other in for same, and parts are on back order. Doesn’t sound like any hold on the TSB is official yet.

Mod3lat6202ft

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep us posted. I bring mine in tomorrow - first time. Anxious to hear what they have to say.
Okay got the update, new transmission. They will update me when they get an estimate of arrival.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well said. Careful tho, the Ford Fan Boyz get really uptight at the slightest negativity here.
Well, if Ford keeps up the haphazard quality control of late I don't think there's going to be too many fanboys sticking around bleeding blue.

Sponsored

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well said

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you saying these Broncos belong in an orchard rather than a stable? Lol 🍋🐎

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trying my best to be loyal to Ford. I loved my 19 mustang GT. Probably one of the best cars I ever owned but I sold it to buy the Bronco as it has bigger back seats for my kids. My wife also has a 2020 fx4 Ranger that had the transmission go out in October. It was at the Ford dealer for about a month before getting a new transmission. Unfortunately, when they installed the new transmission they bent the shifter but told us it would be okay to drive. It was not and the new transmission sustained damage. The dealership failed to put in writing that they bent the shifter during installation. When I brought the vehicle back to them, they also failed to mention that they put a new shifter on the vehicle. Instead of installing a new transmission again to fix their mistakes, they just flushed the metal shavings out of it. Customer care tried their best to fix the situation but ultimately they said I need to write a letter to Ford consumer affairs and that they would get back to me within 90 days or so. Ford consumer affairs does not have a phone number but rather a PO box. 🤢. I'm still hoping Ford gets their act together.

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Trying my best to be loyal to Ford. I loved my 19 mustang GT. Probably one of the best cars I ever owned but I sold it to buy the Bronco as it has bigger back seats for my kids. My wife also has a 2020 fx4 Ranger that had the transmission go out in October. It was at the Ford dealer for about a month before getting a new transmission. Unfortunately, when they installed the new transmission they bent the shifter but told us it would be okay to drive. It was not and the new transmission sustained damage. The dealership failed to put in writing that they bent the shifter during installation. When I brought the vehicle back to them, they also failed to mention that they put a new shifter on the vehicle. Instead of installing a new transmission again to fix their mistakes, they just flushed the metal shavings out of it. Customer care tried their best to fix the situation but ultimately they said I need to write a letter to Ford consumer affairs and that they would get back to me within 90 days or so. Ford consumer affairs does not have a phone number but rather a PO box. 🤢. I'm still hoping Ford gets their act together.
Based on everything you just said I cant for the life of me understand why you would feel any sense of loyalty to a company that doesnt appear to have earned it.

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a question to those who have been here from earlier on in this transmission issue..Is it every manual transmission having this issue? or is it the latest batch coming from ford that are affected? Is there even one vehicle that has been fixed and they went on their happy way? I see all the youtube videos of happy owners talking about their love of their manual transmission bronco not one video ever mentioned a scraping sound or issue. Are they just not hearing it or i wonder if the first early transmission were indeed better and truly had no issues like this. I met a guy 2 weeks ago in my town who received his manual sas bd bronco 2 days before me and the first question i asked was if he had the noise and he said yes. That implies to me that it must be every one is affected to some degree or another and most people either think that what they are hearing is normal for this vehicle or they simply havent noticed it yet.
very frustrating to say the least
Sponsored