First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since the consensus here is that this grinding issue is primarily affecting vehicles in colder weather I'm just wondering are there any members here that live in warm weather claiming to have the issue as well or only cold weather members?

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since the consensus here is that this grinding issue is primarily affecting vehicles in colder weather I'm just wondering are there any members here that live in warm weather claiming to have the issue as well or only cold weather members?
Iā€™ve been transferred for work 3 times since I ordered my bronco. Finally picked it up in Nashville back in January during an ice storm. Have since moved to SW Florida. At 64 degrees in the morning, I have it. But not at idle. Between 7 and 19 mph in 1st and 2nd, it churns like the butter is made of gravel. Iā€™m running safari style so I canā€™t always hear it, but itā€™s there. Sounds like a fox body Stang with an 800lb/Ft south bend double disc. It chatters. It annoys me at times, but not enough to care. Iā€™ve never driven, nor owned, a 2 ton plus vehicle with a better manual.

Expectations are paramount with this thing and everything this manual does, outshines its ā€œproblemsā€. Iā€™ll change my tune if the shit hits the fan, but right now itā€™s no worse then my passenger side window that rolls down every time I put it up.

I also have zero faith in Ford, but that doesnā€™teffect my thoughts on the manual in this thing.

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in Southern California and my car made the noise almost immediately. It's been a colder than average winter for us but the car made the noise at all temperatures.

Tofudude

Base
First Name
Chan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Brono Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With the recent weather in Socal, the grinding noise has become very obvious. Dealer now has a trans on order, backorder of course.

Sponsored

Mod3lat6202ft

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep us posted. I bring mine in tomorrow - first time. Anxious to hear what they have to say.
As of yesterday I am told the replacement transmission is back ordered with hopes of getting one by the end of March.
I am glad this is the decision but nervous the replacement will not be any betterā€¦

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
So its not just cold weather thats causing or amplifying the problem. I dropped my car off monday for the issue the dealer said he was trying to see if ford will authorise a new tranny, but since its looking like the all the manuals are affected this will not correct the problem? Not sure if i should have them order it or not at this point?

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
84 degrees yesterday, still grinding away.

Mod3lat6202ft

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So its not just cold weather thats causing or amplifying the problem. I dropped my car off monday for the issue the dealer said he was trying to see if ford will authorise a new tranny, but since its looking like the all the manuals are affected this will not correct the problem? Not sure if i should have them order it or not at this point?
I hear you. I am choosing to move forward with the replacement transmission. I am lucky enough to have a nice loaner vehicle. If the new transmission is just another that isnā€™t 100% then Iā€™ll have to figure out the next move. Unfortunately, as you know, getting a replacement bronco, with the automatic, doesnā€™t seem possible.

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As of yesterday I am told the replacement transmission is back ordered with hopes of getting one by the end of March.
I am glad this is the decision but nervous the replacement will not be any betterā€¦
I was told the same thing. End of March for a full tranny replacement.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dropped mine off over the weekend. Pretty miserable service experience. I made an appointment 3+ weeks ago, and didn't hear anything until I called tues and was told "we are gonna try and squeeze yours in, but since you didn't have an appointment" The hell I didn't! I even made a point to tell my GF cause she wanted to look at an Escape...which I ended up buying (shoulda kept my mouth shut!). Then the salesman called to ask If I wanted a ride to pick up both the Escape and the Bronco and I told him "If you got a minute go back there and just tell them to leave my Bronco out front w/the fob in the console". Then magically the service writer calls me. 1st he said he had the wrong phone # cause he couldn't read my handwriting (I left a typewritten note w/the keyfob in an envelope in the drop box, and my # is in their system already), then he says that the tech DID in fact hear the noise (I guess that's good...weather has been mild and I haven't been hearing it lately) , but before they can order any parts (which are known to be on backorder) they would have to pull the trans and disassemble/inspect leave the Bronco torn down/out of service for an unknown period of time. I tried every possible explanation, but I might as well have been talking to a hammer. O well I tried! Not going back there...might try my former employer, but not sure what kinda reception I would get there either. Somebody at my selling dealer definitely does not like the cut of my jibb, which is a shame because it's a nice jibb...alot of work went into this jibb. Like a modern art masterpiece I guess some folks just don't see it?

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hear you. I am choosing to move forward with the replacement transmission. I am lucky enough to have a nice loaner vehicle. If the new transmission is just another that isnā€™t 100% then Iā€™ll have to figure out the next move. Unfortunately, as you know, getting a replacement bronco, with the automatic, doesnā€™t seem possible.
What about a buy back from Ford for those of us who simply want a proper working vehicle and dont want to go through the headaches of what is looking like a long term issue. Has anyone gone down this route and how was it handled?

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took delivery on 3/1. Started hearing the noise Friday evening when I was back in PA with 400+miles on the odo. Did have a snow storm that evening. It's been cold, between 20-40s ever since and I still hear the noise. I bought mine at a dealer hundreds of miles away, haven't bothered the local dealer yet. Not sure if I should wait to report it since I know it's not causing any immediate safety issues, fishing season is right around the corner, and I'm fairly certain they won't give me a free loaner while I wait for the next transmission that'll do the same damn thing

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Heard back from my Dealer today and after talking to Ford field tech the decision was made to order a new tranny due to the low time in service and its a 23 model so they dont want to assume the same tsb applies here. Like others mentioned eta for new tranny is end of march.

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took delivery on 3/1. Started hearing the noise Friday evening when I was back in PA with 400+miles on the odo. Did have a snow storm that evening. It's been cold, between 20-40s ever since and I still hear the noise. I bought mine at a dealer hundreds of miles away, haven't bothered the local dealer yet. Not sure if I should wait to report it since I know it's not causing any immediate safety issues, fishing season is right around the corner, and I'm fairly certain they won't give me a free loaner while I wait for the next transmission that'll do the same damn thing
Sounds similar to me I also ordered my car from a dealer 100s of miles away wasnt in maryland was it?
Sponsored