Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heard back from my Dealer today and after talking to Ford field tech the decision was made to order a new tranny due to the low time in service and its a 23 model so they dont want to assume the same tsb applies here. Like others mentioned eta for new tranny is end of march.
That's good. I now regret taking mine in to get documented because now they'll expect me to have the TSB done and I could be without it for months. I would much rather let it fail (if it does) and get a new trans at that point.
Sponsored

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's good. I now regret taking mine in to get documented because now they'll expect me to have the TSB done and I could be without it for months. I would much rather let it fail (if it does) and get a new trans at that point.
Just tell them you don't want the TSB, it isn't a recall, it's not mandatory.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just tell them you don't want the TSB, it isn't a recall, it's not mandatory.
If I refuse and later have a complete failure they won't fight me on a replacement because I chose not to have the recommended repair done?

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I refuse and later have a complete failure they won't fight me on a replacement because I chose not to have the recommended repair done?
I don't know for certain, but the TSB doesn't fix it, so you could argue that. I definitely wouldn't let them keep your truck while waiting on parts.

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW I took mine in and said, just document the noise, don't do the TSB, they didn't even bat an eye. I don't think they had any interest in doing the TSB.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know for certain, but the TSB doesn't fix it, so you could argue that. I definitely wouldn't let them keep your truck while waiting on parts.
I'm just leery because I've never once had a good experience with warranty work, they're always weasels.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds similar to me I also ordered my car from a dealer 100s of miles away wasnt in maryland was it?
Stephens auto center in West Virginia

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stephens auto center in West Virginia
Go the same exact Bronco as you, even color, but without the roof rails. In PA too. I'll be passing your area of the state on the way to get mine at Chapman next week. Then the fun begins. :)

Mod3lat6202ft

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about a buy back from Ford for those of us who simply want a proper working vehicle and dont want to go through the headaches of what is looking like a long term issue. Has anyone gone down this route and how was it handled?
I have thought about looking at this but I do not know enough about it to feel I’d be making an informed decision. I was asked this afternoon to bring back loaner and take bronco home, and was now told replacement will be the end of the month and possibly the beginning of next month. I really do not believe that the new transmission has much of a chance to not have/develop this problem at this point.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Heard back from my Dealer today and after talking to Ford field tech the decision was made to order a new tranny due to the low time in service and its a 23 model so they dont want to assume the same tsb applies here. Like others mentioned eta for new tranny is end of march.
I wish you good luck I've been waiting 8 weeks and 2 days

Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am sorry you’ve been waiting so long. Have they been giving you any timing estimates?
No. I believe the transmission is in but things like the roll pin and clips etc are backordered with no ETA

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go the same exact Bronco as you, even color, but without the roof rails. In PA too. I'll be passing your area of the state on the way to get mine at Chapman next week. Then the fun begins. :)
Good luck Hoof, hope yours doesn't sound like a $50k baby rattle