Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He speaks! And still has the bronco

He speaks!
Yes I do! And no issues. Ive attached the service record from when I had my Bronco in the shop last year.

In the notes it says "noise goes away with pressure on 6th gear." Also says "clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, all ok."

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/bronco-service-invoice-pdf.288884/

Hope this helps everyone. From the 148 pages since I started this thread Im amazed it still is happening. Any other questions please reach out. Here to help.
Sponsored

bryandunbar42

Base
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I initially took mine in mid-January for an overnight stay. They confirmed the issue the next morning and ordered the parts. I drove it home and have been driving it daily since then. Parts came in... just waiting for the replacement/updated part to come in (see a few pages back). Should be in by the end of the month.
awesome. Thanks!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My experience is that they "can't find" the TSB and "couldn't hear" the noise. I picked it up after it sat for days in the cold so I asked for a tech to come out with me and listen. He heard it immediately and feels that it may be a bearing. I'm now waiting for a replacement ambient air temp sensor to come in for it to be scheduled back in the shop. Next time, I will bring the TSB printed out.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So after being jerked around by my selling dealer I dropped mine off at another dealer (where I used to work). I told them the whole story and w/out so much as 2 words, they ordered a tranny. The trans tech (who i worked with years ago, and know is a smart guy), thought this: parts for tsb are backordered w/no eta...trannys are backordered till late april...could mean the trannys are being updated 1st, then updated parts will be available. Nobody will give him a definite answer either, but its as good of a guess as any I figure, and saves downtime...so we shall see!

Last edited:

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently my TSB parts finally arrived 👀 will be dropping my truck off on Monday morning

Sponsored

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I started a case with ford, so hopefully ill at least get a time frame or something soon.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently my TSB parts finally arrived 👀 will be dropping my truck off on Monday morning
Be sure the rings are rev D. I don't think they are out yet and you sure don't want to have the repair done twice if you don't have to.

Just for reference, here is a link to mentioning the rev D rings. I would imagine there is an updated TSB or one on the way to include these revised parts.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...aping-noise-grinding-sound.33282/post-1837465

Last edited:

bryandunbar42

Base
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So after being jerked around by my selling dealer I dropped mine off at another dealer (where I used to work). I told them the whole story and w/out so much as 2 words, they ordered a tranny. The trans tech (who i worked with years ago, and know is a smart guy), thought this: parts for tsb are backordered w/no eta...trannys are backordered till late april...could mean the trannys are being updated 1st, then updated parts will be available. Nobody will give him a definite answer either, but its as good of a guess as any I figure, and saves downtime...so we shall see!
My dealer ordered a new tranny too. I specifically asked if it has the new synchro rings and the advisor said yes. Not sure how to know if that is true or not.

update: dealer said it would be in within 10 days. So I’m suspicious if it will have the fix.
@Bmadda did they give you a timeframe on when yours would be in?

Last edited:

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2.3l MT, 1988 Bronco II XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@joshgangluff - when you get your newest of the transmissions installed can you check for the build date sticker on the bottom? I am hoping Ford is starting to use a new trans with the TSB and and or updated parts in it
cheers
Got her back today! New transmission is as quiet as ever which is to be expected. We’ll see how long it lasts. I will say though, I was surprised just how much slop in shift feel my old one had slowly developed. I didn’t notice since it was so slow developing. This new one is CRISP. I had forgotten how nice it felt new. Definitely missed that! Maybe this is part of the problem, or maybe it just gets a little looser as it breaks in. I have no idea. Anyways, here’s the sticker on the transmission. I’ll let the experts here decipher it. Am I correct in saying it was built 12/5/22? If so, looks like Ford is still using old transmissions for replacement. Or at least they were when I ordered the transmission 4-5 weeks ago. Thoughts?
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound B8186A52-648D-47CB-9763-46E0D4AC0A46

Last edited:

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
interested if that transmission has the updated rings
holding out for the actual fix

Sponsored

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got her back today! New transmission is as quiet as ever which is to be expected. We’ll see how long it lasts. I will say though, I was surprised just how much slop in shift feel my old one had slowly developed. I didn’t notice since it was so slow developing. This new one is CRISP. I had forgotten how nice it felt new. Definitely missed that! Maybe this is part of the problem, maybe it just gets a little looser as it breaks in. I have no idea. Anyways, here’s the sticker on the transmission. I’ll let the experts here decipher it. Am I correct in saying it was built 12/5/22? If so, looks like Ford is still using old transmissions for replacement. Or at least they were when I ordered the transmission 4-5 weeks ago. Thoughts?
B8186A52-648D-47CB-9763-46E0D4AC0A46.jpeg
I believe originally the part number ended in -A, hopefully the -AA means updated.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-transmission-mb3z7003a?c=az0x

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn hopefully the transmission with the real fix, is released soon

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got her back today! New transmission is as quiet as ever which is to be expected. We’ll see how long it lasts. I will say though, I was surprised just how much slop in shift feel my old one had slowly developed. I didn’t notice since it was so slow developing. This new one is CRISP. I had forgotten how nice it felt new. Definitely missed that! Maybe this is part of the problem, or maybe it just gets a little looser as it breaks in. I have no idea. Anyways, here’s the sticker on the transmission. I’ll let the experts here decipher it. Am I correct in saying it was built 12/5/22? If so, looks like Ford is still using old transmissions for replacement. Or at least they were when I ordered the transmission 4-5 weeks ago. Thoughts?
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound PXL_20230315_021500972
Thanks for updating this. Yeah the part number/ Rev level has not changed. Need to do some digging on how to read the date. I thought I was sure but now I have confused myself lol

20230112_211737.jpg

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for updating this. Yeah the part number/ Rev level has not changed. Need to do some digging on how to read the date. I thought I was sure but now I have confused myself lol

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 20230112_211737
When you find it please report back because I have no idea. 😁
Sponsored