Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so updating my status here
I fist noticed the issue at roughly 158 miles
I tried setting up a service visit with the dealership I purchased the truck at, but the first appointment was roughly 2 moths out. I then tried another dealership but they parked the truck inside overnight so the truck never got cold. Now the cold weather days are few and far between so I called ford and opened up a case - i did get a case number.

I am really just wanting documentation with ford that spells out I have the issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I picked up my Bronco last Friday. I heard some noise on Saturday but wasn't entirely sure it was the transmission.

It was 25 degrees this morning. Now I'm entirely sure it's the transmission. Oh well.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My stealership just called to tell me the transmission I need, which was supposed to come in "around" the end of March, has been delayed 2 months. And that per their Parts Dept, Ford made this change on March 28. Now I'm looking at the end of May........:mad:👎

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My stealership just called to tell me the transmission I need, which was supposed to come in "around" the end of March, has been delayed 2 months. And that per their Parts Dept, Ford made this change on March 28. Now I'm looking at the end of May........:mad:👎
This is par for the course. I’ve been told multiple times about parts that have an arrival date and take an additional 6-8 weeks total to arrive. Ford hasn’t quite figured out that they can’t blame their terrible procurement on global supply chain issues anymore.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is par for the course. I’ve been told multiple times about parts that have an arrival date and take an additional 6-8 weeks total to arrive. Ford hasn’t quite figured out that they can’t blame their terrible procurement on global supply chain issues anymore.
I agree but in this case if they indeed just made the changes, which seems very likely, they would have to procure the parts and then assemble them in China and then send the new transmission here. 2 months doesn't seem all that long. Sucks if the dealership is holding your Bronco hostage though.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree but in this case if they indeed just made the changes, which seems very likely, they would have to procure the parts and then assemble them in China and then send the new transmission here. 2 months doesn't seem all that long. Sucks if the dealership is holding your Bronco hostage though.
2 months by boat sounds about right actually from my importing experience.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had 8-12 week back orders for the original synchro design. Hell, I had to wait over 8 weeks for a front diff replacement. That part hasn’t been updated, they just leak 😅

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
Spending about 10 days all over the state trying to pick out where I want to move to.
Be sure to check out the areas between Maryville and Tellico Plains.
My buddy lives that way, toward Maryville, and I'm a bit jealous of the terrain out there. You can have home on some easy land while the hills and all the fun they offer is just 20 minutes away. Striking distance to WNC and N. Georgia too.

Love living in the hills, but F*** my driveway... :LOL:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be sure to check out the areas between Maryville and Tellico Plains.
My buddy lives that way, toward Maryville, and I'm a bit jealous of the terrain out there. You can have home on some easy land while the hills and all the fun they offer is just 20 minutes away. Striking distance to WNC and N. Georgia too.

Love living in the hills, but F*** my driveway... :LOL:
I'll have to check it out. Going from Chattanooga to the Cherohala Skyway then up to Knoxville so I'll see some of it then.

Sponsored

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I picked up my Bronco last Friday. I heard some noise on Saturday but wasn't entirely sure it was the transmission.

It was 25 degrees this morning. Now I'm entirely sure it's the transmission. Oh well.
That sucks.
It's crazy that Ford internally knows that there's a problem with the manual transmissions and is still allowing dealers to continue to sell them (with mark up to boot). I have already seen several more on Ford lots with the same problem:( Currently Autotrader shows 303 new manual Broncos available. These vehicles are being sold knowing there's a problem. At least we'll get 303 new friends on this thread ;)

At first we were hearing that there could be new transmissions at the end of March. Now people are saying at the end of May. My cars just sitting in the back of a service lot being subjected to elements lol hopefully they'll at least put a car cover on it soon.

Last edited:

Someguy

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX-5 Turbo/Indian Scout Bobber
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That sucks.
It's crazy that Ford internally knows that there's a problem with the manual transmissions and is still allowing dealers to continue to sell them (with mark up to boot). I have already seen several more on Ford lots with the same problem:( Currently Autotrader shows 303 new manual Broncos available. These vehicles are being sold knowing there's a problem. At least we'll get 303 new friends on this thread ;)

At first we were hearing that there could be new transmissions at the end of March. Now people are saying at the end of May. My cars just sitting in the back of a service lot being subjected to elements lol hopefully they'll at least put a car cover on it soon.
I came super close to jumping on a 2022 Sasquatch I found on a lot sort of locally, but I figured waiting for my 2023 would save me this headache.

Still super happy with the Black Diamond, and with the colder days mostly behind us I'm hoping there's a fix before things get cold again.

I really just need it fixed before my friends notice and go back to telling me why I should have gone with a Tacoma.

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just heard back from dealer, they confirmed a new part revision (E) for the entire transmission...as well as a jump in cost of ~$1K. Backordered, of course. Mine had TSB w/ old (C) synchros and, per Ford, replacement is the next route.

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just heard back from dealer, they confirmed a new part revision (E) for the entire transmission...as well as a jump in cost of ~$1K. Backordered, of course. Mine had TSB w/ old (C) synchros and, per Ford, replacement is the next route.
What does a "jump in cost of ~$1K" mean? Are they charging you for the transmission replacement or are they offering you $1K more as a buyback instead of fixing? Thanks for clarifying...

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The waiting sucks but this is very encouraging.
Sponsored