SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just got my transmission replaced on my 23 Badlands. So far no grinding noise, not sure if they put the same transmission part number in or what, anyone can translate the work order? They did a full transmission swap. The tech claims it's the updated transmission, but I am not sure.

IMG-5727.jpg

IMG-5728.jpg
you got the original transmission part number, not the updated -E revision transmission part number

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 1682301192466
Sponsored

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2.3l MT, 1988 Bronco II XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got her back today! New transmission is as quiet as ever which is to be expected. We’ll see how long it lasts. I will say though, I was surprised just how much slop in shift feel my old one had slowly developed. I didn’t notice since it was so slow developing. This new one is CRISP. I had forgotten how nice it felt new. Definitely missed that! Maybe this is part of the problem, or maybe it just gets a little looser as it breaks in. I have no idea. Anyways, here’s the sticker on the transmission. I’ll let the experts here decipher it. Am I correct in saying it was built 12/5/22? If so, looks like Ford is still using old transmissions for replacement. Or at least they were when I ordered the transmission 4-5 weeks ago. Thoughts?
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 1682301192466
UPDATE:

A month in and still quiet. Even if it’s not a revised transmission. Probably just jinxed myself by posting this lol. Just waiting for the day the noise comes back, but all in all, still good right now!

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not about to unpack 192 pages of this thread. Is there a cliff note version of this?

My manual makes noise but goes away after warms up, and have noticed clunkiness through the gears more, but I read that could be just switch for some better fluid?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not about to unpack 192 pages of this thread. Is there a cliff note version of this?

My manual makes noise but goes away after warms up, and have noticed clunkiness through the gears more, but I read that could be just switch for some better fluid?
Yup, that's it!

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The cliff notes were on page 185

Sponsored

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE:

A month in and still quiet. Even if it’s not a revised transmission. Probably just jinxed myself by posting this lol. Just waiting for the day the noise comes back, but all in all, still good right now!
I just noticed your part number ends in AA not A. It makes me wonder if AA indicates a revision? What is the difference between AA and E?
MB3Z-7003-A (junk)
MB3Z-7003-AA (what is this?)
MB3Z-7003-E (isn't this the new tranny?)

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just noticed your part number ends in AA not A. It makes me wonder if AA indicates a revision? What is the difference between AA and E?
MB3Z-7003-A (junk)
MB3Z-7003-AA (what is this?)
MB3Z-7003-E (isn't this the new tranny?)
The part number on my transmission tag ends with AA. Not sure if it has always been that way??

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 3-18-d pn

Just realized it is also MB3R instead of MB3Z.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The part number on my transmission tag ends with AA. Not sure if it has always been that way??

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 80EA6E94-E80B-47AF-9350-EB33EF91235C

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound throwing-papers-im-done

Ziemann

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco 2-Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
'23 Bronco Big Bend built 2/23. AA revision. Sound present when cold- replaced fluid with BG Synchro Shift II. Noise is almost gone when cold and not present when warm.....
The BG product seemed to work well so far!

20230418_101449.jpg

Sponsored

Scout6g

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My customer care rep that is assigned, called me at one point around 30 days at dealer to tell me same but never sent over email. I did say I wanted to see the offer but I also said I want Ford to fix it. I didn't wait over 2 years to just send it back but the timeline before the tread hits the pavement again just keeps getting kicked further down the road.
How did you get an assigned customer care rep?

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
'23 Bronco Big Bend built 2/23. AA revision. Sound present when cold- replaced fluid with BG Synchro Shift II. Noise is almost gone when cold and not present when warm.....
The BG product seemed to work well so far!

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 20230418_101449
How'd you determine this fix?

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

If it already makes the noise it’s too late to change fluid.. damage is done unfortunately I’m in the same boat.. just waiting till it gernades now

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How did you get an assigned customer care rep?
PM FordMotorCompany here or you can call customer care. As of the last few days they asked for my car loan paperwork. They claim they would look at payment assistance since I pointed out 60 days no car and making payments and dealer added 30+ for a tool they had 5 months to realize they needed for the job? We will see if Ford pays out anything while I continue to wait.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound 20230418_101449

There are engineering part numbers and part numbers. -AA is an engineering part number I believe whereas -A or -E is the part number you’d actually order
Sponsored