Sponsored

Manufacturer of Bronco Ford Performance factory lift kit?

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has ford mentioned what kind of parts are used for the lift kits? Are they Ford made or is ford using another brand like King?

Main reason I ask is I’m trying to figure out best build. if they’re using their own I might prefer aftermarket parts and go with a base build. if they are using third parties I’m curious to see if there’s an up charge
My guess it is going to be Bilstein 8112s similar to what is found on Toyotas. Near the release somebody commented on Bilsteins Instagram post on the HOSS ESCV wondering when and if something similar would be available in the aftermarket. Their chief marketing guy responded saying it was the very similar to the 8112s already on the market. Later on I took the time to look at the Orange concept on 37s shown at the release and in the Doug DeMuro video and noticed the front coilovers looked to have the same anodized/zinc plated finish as the 8112s. Big guesses here, but IF they do make a Ford Performance lift, it would have to have position sensitive damping to truly be an upgrade over the factory ESCV/HOSS suspension. From the looks of it the ESCV is a dumbed down version of the 8112 so I bet they already have the parts designed and ready for production if this is something that is going to happen. Just educated guesses from being in the suspension industry and looking at pictures real close like but something I think is important to take note of is my point about the parts having to have position sensitive damping or internal Bypasses. The only companies right now with position sensitive coilovers that can keep up with the volume likely needed for a "dealer installed lift" are Bilstein with their 8112s and Fox and King with their Internal Bypass coilovers in their 2.5 and 3.0 lines. Anybody who has seen a King shock knows the Black coilovers under the orange concept truck, furthermore new fox coilovers have orange accents so as of right now my money is on Bilstein. That being said I might just be putting 2 and 2 together here and getting 22

Heres a look at the 8112s so you can see what I mean: https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/prod...ner shocks&hsa_mt=b&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3

2021 Bronco 2 inch lift kit 37 inch tires (1).jpg

liftbronco.JPG
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My guess it is going to be Bilstein 8112s similar to what is found on Toyotas. Near the release somebody commented on Bilsteins Instagram post on the HOSS ESCV wondering when and if something similar would be available in the aftermarket. Their chief marketing guy responded saying it was the very similar to the 8112s already on the market. Later on I took the time to look at the Orange concept on 37s shown at the release and in the Doug DeMuro video and noticed the front coilovers looked to have the same anodized/zinc plated finish as the 8112s. Big guesses here, but IF they do make a Ford Performance lift, it would have to have position sensitive damping to truly be an upgrade over the factory ESCV/HOSS suspension. From the looks of it the ESCV is a dumbed down version of the 8112 so I bet they already have the parts designed and ready for production if this is something that is going to happen. Just educated guesses from being in the suspension industry and looking at pictures real close like but something I think is important to take note of is my point about the parts having to have position sensitive damping or internal Bypasses. The only companies right now with position sensitive coilovers that can keep up with the volume likely needed for a "dealer installed lift" are Bilstein with their 8112s and Fox and King with their Internal Bypass coilovers in their 2.5 and 3.0 lines. Anybody who has seen a King shock knows the Black coilovers under the orange concept truck, furthermore new fox coilovers have orange accents so as of right now my money is on Bilstein. That being said I might just be putting 2 and 2 together here and getting 22

Heres a look at the 8112s so you can see what I mean: https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/product/bilstein-b8-8112-zonecontrol-cr/?utm_term=4runner shocks&utm_campaign=8112+4Runner&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=7411427960&hsa_cam=9862332875&hsa_grp=101649031193&hsa_ad=431944107590&hsa_src=g&hsa_tgt=kwd-149692695&hsa_kw=4runner shocks&hsa_mt=b&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3
I wonder if this helps fill in the blanks.

BILSTEIN ESCV Bronco suspension / shocks explained - "End Stop Control Valve" Dampers (Bronco HOSS Suspension w/ Position Sensitive Dampers)

Dannebrog53

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking forward to seeing what Camburg comes out with for the Bronco.
Sponsored