First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't seen any hard tops that appear to be one piece.

Right now, the only molded hard tops are listed as being gray. We have seen a couple of pics with some that appear to be black, but all of the recent stuff has been gray. Whether or not that makes sense with the other molded parts or not is a whole other discussion that keeps coming up.

Yeah, that part is a little confusing. It definitely appears there is a difference between the Molded-in-Color tops and the Modular ones.

Looks like all the recent photos and videos have been of the Molded tops (which are already pretty modular), and the list in the OP is based off of those. To me it looks like the Molded top actually consists of 5 pieces: front panel, middle panel (4 dr), rear panel w/ rear glass, and 2 rear quarter windows. (Assuming the rear quarter windows are removeable in the the Molded top - haven't seen pics yet.)

We know that at least one of the hard tops has separate driver and passenger roof panel, but the recent shots of the Molded top don't seem to show a seam there, so I'm thinking that's on the Modular top. We've haven't seen as much of that one recently (in either paint option) but we have seen photos that show an oval shaped panel in roughly the middle of the roof. Don't know if that is a sunroof or just a cover for some of the seams between the other panels.

And since we don't have any pics of the rear quarter windows removed, we also don't know if that is limited to the Molded top, the Modular top, or both.
I do like the build and price on the Jeep lets u see how the different types of tops look like.
Hope Ford does something similar
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im trying to figure out if there are two different types of hard top. Basic and Modular.

On Fords spec sheets:

The "Molded In Color Carbonized Gray" hard top, none of these are listed as "Modular".

But the tops which are "Body Color Painted or Shadow Black Painted" are stated as "Modular"

Im thinking the 2 dr Modular top has a sunroof over the rear seat area and side cargo panels that are removable. The 2 Dr basic top has just the removable section over the front seats and the cargo panels don't pop out.

I feel like Ive seen pics of different 2 dr hardtops, some WITH the sunroof panel over the rear and some WITHOUT.

But for the 4 door, it seems stupid that they would make some with removable side cargo windows and some without.
There's a photo of the Carbonized Gray roof and the front panels are removed and the center panel is sitting loose. I believe that actually makes 3 modular tops, Carbonized Gray, Shadow Black and body color.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I personally would love a single piece removable top. In the PNW, it's all or nothing; rain or shine. I'll leave it on stands in my garage when I want it off. I'd prefer that it didn't leak between the modular panels in the rain. (Hopefully there will be some after market gasket improvements like you can get for jeeps)
A single piece top would likely be a bit heavy and hard to handle without breaking it.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2-door MIC: removable panels over front seats only
2-door modular: removable panels over front seats plus small removable panel over back seats

4-door MIC: removable panels over front and back seats
4-door modular: removable panels over front and back seats; removable quarter windows
Sponsored