Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to throw some more to think about.

Friday I sold 2 Bronco Sports, one to a customer flying in from Colorado at MSRP. The Second was to a dealer in California. They called me and offered $3500 over sticker for it. I don't want to dealer trade it, but I can't pass that up.

Now this dealer will have to sell it. They'll have another $1500-2000 in it by the time the get it hauled that far. So if they want to make $1000, they'll likely be $6500 OVER sticker. Now my question:

A. Are they evil for selling a vehicle for $6500 over MSRP?

B. Are they heros for finding units for their customers via what ever means it takes?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just to throw some more to think about.

Friday I sold 2 Bronco Sports, one to a customer flying in from Colorado at MSRP. The Second was to a dealer in California. They called me and offered $3500 over sticker for it. I don't want to dealer trade it, but I can't pass that up.

Now this dealer will have to sell it. They'll have another $1500-2000 in it by the time the get it hauled that far. So if they want to make $1000, they'll likely be $6500 OVER sticker. Now my question:

A. Are they evil for selling a vehicle for $6500 over MSRP?

B. Are they heros for finding units for their customers via what ever means it takes?
I was offered $7,600 for my 2012 WRX by Carvana in Feb 2021. In June 2021, I accepted an offer of $14,900 from Carvana. They paid $7,300 above what the prior offer was. I think the $7,600 offer was low, but still...96% increase.

So, $6,500 on a $35k vehicle is about a 20% increase...which is not unreasonable in this market. For many people, in many local markets, they can go higher and not be "over priced".

cscottp67

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-250 / 20 f-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just here to watch sour grapes armchair economists tell us they’re commies without telling us they’re commies.
Wow and thank you! Glad to see I was not the only one seeing this path!

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
From a local dealer on the web.......

Seller's note
15,000 Market Adjustment - The price has been adjusted with Market Price Adjustment to reflect current market conditions of supply and demand, and is in addition to MSRP. Hurry and take advantage now! Don't miss this great Ford! Generously equipped and boasting stylish interior comfort, this vehicle challenges all competitors, regardless of price and class! The engine breathes better thanks to a turbocharger, improving both performance and economy. This model accommodates 5 passengers comfortably, and provides features such as: tilt and telescoping steering wheel, remote keyless entry, and power windows. It features an automatic transmission, 4-wheel drive, and a 2.3 liter 4 cylinder engine. Our experienced sales staff is eager to share its knowledge and enthusiasm with you. They'll work with you to find the right vehicle at a price you can afford. Stop in and take a test drive!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is why I bought a new car for my wife in June, knew this was coming it was obvious a shortage was already happening and with zero inventory would only get worse over time. We paid MSRP.

Sponsored

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
What are you basing that on? Banks and CUs have financed ADMs in the past.
Yeah man, just like during the housing crisis. Why *wouldn't* a bank/credit union lend money for a depreciating asset selling at a ridiculously inflated cost?!

DGT

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Excursion, Porsche Cayenne CTTS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just spoke to a large Ford dealer in Utah who told me good news/bad news. The Good news - they ARE accepting orders for Broncos at MSRP pricing. The BAD news is they don't expect delivery of any new order placed today until 2024 or 2025. Seems ridiculous.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IF, and only if, you had a Bronco bought back due to lemon law would you get back your ADM,,,, LOL.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just spoke to a large Ford dealer in Utah who told me good news/bad news. The Good news - they ARE accepting orders for Broncos at MSRP pricing. The BAD news is they don't expect delivery of any new order placed today until 2024 or 2025. Seems ridiculous.
By 2024-25 the options will change along with many other items. To order one to be built in a year is a bad idea.
Sponsored