Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I've been educated by this thread. It's all so simple now. To fix the problem of dealers charging ADMs, all you need to do is get rid of the "other" people paying over MSRP and it will never happen again. Easy peasy.

Ford Bronco Many vehicles currently over MSRP morons
Sponsored

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I've been educated by this thread. It's all so simple now. To fix the problem of dealers charging ADMs, all you need to do is get rid of the "other" people paying over MSRP and it will never happen again. Easy peasy.

morons.gif
If everybody refused to pay inflated prices, the ADMs would go away. Unfortunately, people are idiots and will continue to do so.

That wasn't my point though. My point is that ADMs are not necessary; they are not justified using actual supply and demand principles; they are a cash grab pure and simple. It's a moot point for me though. I refuse to buy a vehicle from shady dealerships and yet I'll still be getting my Bronco in February. At MSRP.

If you're dumb enough to pay ADMs, that's your problem.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer sent all reservation holders an email confirming no ADM. I was quite pleased with this response. I know they were inundated with questions after posts on here about dealer markups for reservation holders. They responded. It was very professional. Itā€™s not a sales contract but I trust them. Also many corroborated reports from owners with delivered Broncos.

Fortunately for me I have a lease that just ended. I always planned to return the car at lease end. The lease residual seemed crazy high to me when I leased it. Carvana and Carmax both offered me $5k over the residual. So I paid the residual and bought the car. I need it until the Bronco comes. Who knows when! But this worked out for me. Pure luck. Of course Iā€™d rather have the Bronco parked at my house. But at least Iā€™m not screwed without a car.

Of course if my dishwasher or fridge die Iā€™ll be screwed from what I hearā€¦

Sponsored

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your thinking a like poor man not a rich oneā€¦
I make plenty of money. Iā€™m thinking like someone who has a functioning brain.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I make plenty of money. Iā€™m thinking like someone who has a functioning brain.
Rich folks may or may not be any more intelligent. It has nothing to do with that.
They have more money šŸ’°. Itā€™s all relative.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MSRP is a number invented by the Ford sales team. There's nothing magical about it that makes it the morally just price for a vehicle. It's not automatically a good deal to get a car below sticker (or below invoice for that matter), and it's not automatically a bad deal to get a car above sticker. It all depends on your own individual values.

Real world prices for vehicles, unlike MSRP, are determined by supply and demand. They are almost always below MSRP. Almost. We are in a period that is an exception to the rule, because demand is very high and supply is very low. People are no more or less greedy than they were 5 years ago. It's the conditions that have changed.

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That actually seems like a pretty honest and straightforward answer. Looks like he is trying to justify $5K over MSRP, which isnā€™t unreasonable in this market. Like I said before, I donā€™t like it either, but the dealerships need to keep the lights on and mouths fed. Dealerships do make money in service and parts too, but techs are demanding more money or retiring, and they canā€™t get parts to sell due to supply chain issues. No dealership Iā€™ve talked to is doing well right now.

Itā€™s not just car dealerships running short on commodities. My local Marina is selling their allotment of 2023 outboards currently.
Interestingly all the people I know at dealerships are having their best months ever the last 6 months. Selling everything at or over msrp and used cars for absurd prices. Record months.

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're drastically misunderstanding him. The point is that dealerships as an institution are not *really* subject to simple 'supply v demand' economics because they don't produce nor are they the end consumer. At *best* a dealership is palatable and 99% of the time they're just obfuscatory and conniving. In a truly free market they wouldn't even exist.
They are essentially protected by outdated laws due to their lobbying powerā€¦so this is pretty true.

Sponsored

robertccribb

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are you basing that on? Banks and CUs have financed ADMs in the past.
I have worked for a CU/Bank for over 20 years. They are not going to do a auto loan for over 125-135% LTV. The value is likely going to be pulled via NADA or Black Book or some version of those systems. Going that high above the MSRP is very unlikely.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're drastically misunderstanding him. The point is that dealerships as an institution are not *really* subject to simple 'supply v demand' economics because they don't produce nor are they the end consumer. At *best* a dealership is palatable and 99% of the time they're just obfuscatory and conniving. In a truly free market they wouldn't even exist.
When was the last time anybody here bought directly from a manufacturer? Closest I can get is buying produce from my Amish neighbors that grew it last month. Everything else I have purchased was through companies who do not produce anything, they are middlemen...

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ahh yes, more evidence that everythingā€™s better in California. Prop 65 Warning: reading that post is known to the super wise and very-concerned-about-us state of California to cause cancer.