TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is not entirely accurate. The April 8th deadline was for people to modify their order to remove items that were announced to be MY22 only... if they they wanted to be considered for a MY21 (since scheduling was starting). There are still people holding reservations that don't intend to convert until later.

As you said, Ford requested that all reservations be converted, even if they were MY22, so they could have information on generally what to expect and they could start ordering parts.

Even with that though, they can't physically produce enough Broncos to fulfill all of the orders in MY21, which actually works out for them because they can pick a chose a year's worth of orders to pack the 6mo. of MY21 production with just retail orders.

The big unknown however isn't what parts they will need (or even a very close guess), but the unforeseen issues... what if a supplier's factory burns down, or the Ever Given gets stuck and blocks a shipping route again, or there's another public health crisis that results in industry shut-downs.

I think the truth is Ford basically knows exactly what parts they want to have... but there's no way of knowing if they'll get them. At least for now there are enough orders to pull from they can weather any shortages.... the real freak outs are going to happen when we're in MY22, and they run out of parts for retail orders and make stock orders instead with the parts they do have on hand. It wont be that Ford is *choosing* to prioritize stock orders over retail orders, it's that they wont have a choice.

$0.02
The other place this is going to cause some pain are those individuals currently just inside the 21 allocation number. A person who is currently 28 of 30, say. As Ford gets through reservations ahead of that person, but then runs out of a part that those late 20s builds need, they may go to reservation #31 to build. That means that unless Ford builds enough MY21s to supply that dealer 31 instead of 30, someone from inside the top 30 is going to get pushed.

And that isn't Ford's "fault" in that it's at the mercy of the suppliers to a great extent, but people who don't understand the complexity of the system are going to freak out.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other place this is going to cause some pain are those individuals currently just inside the 21 allocation number. A person who is currently 28 of 30, say. As Ford gets through reservations ahead of that person, but then runs out of a part that those late 20s builds need, they may go to reservation #31 to build. That means that unless Ford builds enough MY21s to supply that dealer 31 instead of 30, someone from inside the top 30 is going to get pushed.

And that isn't Ford's "fault" in that it's at the mercy of the suppliers to a great extent, but people who don't understand the complexity of the system are going to freak out.
No doubt people will get pushed... but I don't that will be as bad as some people are imagining.

Ford Bronco MAP Employees Confirm 2021 Bronco Hits Full Production August 2. Job 1 Still Starts May 3 Getting bumped to MY22.PNG

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No doubt people will get pushed... but I don't that will be as bad as some people are imagining.

Ford Bronco MAP Employees Confirm 2021 Bronco Hits Full Production August 2. Job 1 Still Starts May 3 Getting bumped to MY22.PNG
This could be accurate if they don’t use timestamp at all for MY22. Otherwise, it’s likely that a back-of-liner for MY21 won’t have an early enough timestamp to place that close to the front of MY22, where I think a lot of people with all time stamps have intentionally delayed to…

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
this old goat is willing to wait it out 🐐
and I found a old goat avatar ! you like ?

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't seen a lot of fixed ops guys comment on parts crisis at the dealer level right now, but I'll share the bad there to put some things in perspective on how hard it is to get anything automotive currently. We normally have less than 100 part numbers on the backorder log each day. If it ever were to hit 200, you'd think the sky was falling. This morning it was over 1300. You can't get anything right now. Our number of vehicles in service over 10 days, over 30 days, etc is absolutely unbelievable right now. We've never seen anything like what we're experiencing from the parts side. Just an FYI.

Everyone knows about the inventory shortages already. That's been bad and only going to get worse over the summer.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What does “tag relief” mean?
I think it has something to do with how workers take breaks - there seems to be tag relief and mass relief where everyone breaks at one time.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/g36218381/car-models-affected-chip-shortage/

Don't want to be a party pooper but, could the chip shortage affect the Bronco? Thoughts?
I have no insider information, but I would bet if it's a choice between using a specific chip in a Bronco or another Ford vehicle that is not new and/or not in high demand, Ford will direct the supply of those chips toward the Bronco. There are a lot of reasons why Ford would want more Broncos on the road, even if it reduces how many Explorers, Edges or whatevers. In my opinion, the only sacred cow would be the F-150. Ford will not produce fewer F-150s than Chevy trucks.

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With some of the communications from Ford, I feel like this is a genuine Corporate communication screenshot... :D

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

dissagree to agree
At this point anyone who gets one should celebrate, I wouldnt be thrilled about this scenario, but the flip side is how much farther down the line are you willing to go.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With some of the communications from Ford, I feel like this is a genuine Corporate communication screenshot... :D
If you look closely, though, you won't find any typos, so this one is obviously fake. 😁

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is that a rhetorical question? Ready any thread on this forum and you should be able to figure out the answer to your question. 😂

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs