Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From a google search:
Thank you. This helps me stay confused. From the first " we have learned new details about the Bronco’s production schedule. Job 1 is on track for May 3rd, as previously reported, and full production will start on August 2nd." Now what's the difference between starting production of new Broncos on 3 May 2021 and "full production" starting on 2 August 2021? Why so much time between "starting" and "starting"? Can each day become a new "start" of something that resembles a Bronco?
Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. This helps me stay confused. From the first " we have learned new details about the Bronco’s production schedule. Job 1 is on track for May 3rd, as previously reported, and full production will start on August 2nd." Now what's the difference between starting production of new Broncos on 3 May 2021 and "full production" starting on 2 August 2021? Why so much time between "starting" and "starting"? Can each day become a new "start" of something that resembles a Bronco?
Full production means running the line at the highest speed they will run it. So, starting May 3 is when they'll be building Broncos for retail (though all of May will be demo units that will go to dealers and not be sold for quite a while). They might be producing them at a rate of 300 or 350 a day (I have no actual idea). Then they'll gradually increase speed in May, June and July until hitting full speed (full production) in August.

Those will all be "job 1" Broncos unless they make a change. A change would likely also cause at least a temporary slow-down of production (among many things that could cause a slow-down).

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The difference is it won't be until August that Ford expects to be cranking out the maximum number of vehicles per hour (roughly 60 per hour). Ford is saying that production will start at around 35 vehicles per hour and (probably gradually) ramp up until they get to 60/hour in August. The slower initial production rate allows working some of the kinks out of the system while still allowing the full assembly line to flow at a steady pace. That's much better than continually starting and stopping the line when individual stations run into issues.

Think of it as when you started that first job at McDonald's or wherever. It took you 30 seconds to make a Big Mac in the beginning, but once you got into the groove, you were cranking them out in 15 seconds.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Others already answered your question, but I will add this. Bronco is a brand new vehicle with new tooling, robots, etc. Being built on a line with an existing Ranger. Being built by an additional shift of new employees. You don’t just flip a switch to full speed max production. This was totally expected, I’ve been saying on here it would play out like this since last summer. Everything is looking on track so far no worries yet.

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Full production means running the line at the highest speed they will run it. So, starting May 3 is when they'll be building Broncos for retail (though all of May will be demo units that will go to dealers and not be sold for quite a while). They might be producing them at a rate of 300 or 350 a day (I have no actual idea). Then they'll gradually increase speed in May, June and July until hitting full speed (full production) in August.

Those will all be "job 1" Broncos unless they make a change. A change would likely also cause at least a temporary slow-down of production (among many things that could cause a slow-down).
Got it mostly. Big thanks for taking the time to decipher the gibberish and explain what was intended to be expressed. Bottom line, production starts on 3 May 2021. I grasp that production rate will vary based on (you fill in the blank) reasons but Job 1 means they are starting production of new Broncos on 3 May 2021. The rest is only relevant to a line production manager and customers that like the anxiety associated with tracking their vehicle's production.

You are a font of knowledge and very patient with my ignorance. Thank you.

Reactions: abe

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't done the math to add up the numbers, but it's exciting to see/read that things are happening. Makes me feel better knowing that my Q1-2022 estimate that I have in my head might actually be real.
Pretty sure to get one in Q1 2022, you would have to be a day 1 res holder...

GlowingMoose

First Edition
First Name
Glendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheverolet Traverse
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We've played this production #'s game before but with new info I'll venture some more fine tuned math... Those in the know can play confirm/deny.

600 Units (1:5 Ranger:Bronco ie. 80%)
This means ~480 Broncos a day on a 10 hr shift and 384 on Saturday equaling 2,784 a week and 11,136 a month. Combine this with the confirmed fact that they've said there is 6 months of production that totals 66,816 MY21 Broncos which is pretty much spot on what others in the know have said is a rough total of the number of Broncos that will be built this year.

How's my napkin math?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've played this production #'s game before but with new info I'll venture some more fine tuned math... Those in the know can play confirm/deny.

600 Units (1:5 Ranger:Bronco ie. 80%)
This means ~480 Broncos a day on a 10 hr shift and 384 on Saturday equaling 2,784 a week and 11,136 a month. Combine this with the confirmed fact that they've said there is 6 months of production that totals 66,816 MY21 Broncos which is pretty much spot on what others in the know have said is a rough total of the number of Broncos that will be built this year.

How's my napkin math?
Except there's 2 shifts running that 600 each. And it's not a full 6 months at that rate. That rate starts Aug/Sept which means it could be end of Sept (pray not). We could see only 2.5 months at that rate. I think... So many numbers swimming around with commodity percentages and such.

Sponsored

GlowingMoose

First Edition
First Name
Glendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheverolet Traverse
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The number on 50,000~60,000 Broncos has been well established. If you take my numbers and adjust for a ramped production (something like 240 a day to start and more like 720 toward the end) I still feel pretty confident in them.
Open to being wrong but I'll wait for folks who have corrected my historical calculations.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The number on 50,000~60,000 Broncos has been well established. If you take my numbers and adjust for a ramped production I still feel pretty confident in them.
Open to being wrong but I'll wait for folks who have corrected my historical calculations.
Well you calculated yours based on one shift....and there are two shifts...so I wouldn’t stick with them...

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Let’s talk about that white hard top. I’m liking that way more than I thought I would.

GlowingMoose

First Edition
First Name
Glendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheverolet Traverse
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs