Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I realize you are joking, but just for clarity, since Mexico is the only country identified as a “major source of foreign parts content” at 15%, and China is not listed, China would have to be less than 15%.

2.3L EcoBoost is made in Valencia, Spain. 2.7L EcoBoost is made in Lima, Ohio. Since this vehicle is an FE, and all FE’s include the Sasquatch package, and all Sasquatch packages require the 2.7L engine, this vehicle’s engine is the 2.7L made in Ohio.
Are you sure all the 2.3s are from Spain? One of the previous broncos on display said its engine was from Mexico.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn’t the block of the 2.7 made in Brazil or something like that? Thought I read that somewhere a few days ago.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you sure all the 2.3s are from Spain? One of the previous broncos on display said its engine was from Mexico.
Hmmm... good question. 🤔

Wikipedia suggests it is either Spain (Valencia) or the US (Cleveland), Ford's website, under Engine Plant locations, says it is either Spain (Valencia) or the US (Cleveland), and the Ranger5G forum suggests it is either the US (Cleveland) or Mexico? 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully, someone else who knows for sure can chime in?

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm... good question. 🤔

Wikipedia suggests it is either Spain (Valencia) or the US (Cleveland), Ford's website, under Engine Plant locations, says it is either Spain (Valencia) or the US (Cleveland), and the Ranger5G forum suggests it is either the US (Cleveland) or Mexico? 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully, someone else who knows for sure can chime in?
After adding the Mexico and US/Canada numbers, there is 24% unaccounted for...thats all I was joking at.

Sponsored

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I realize you are joking, but just for clarity, since Mexico is the only country identified as a “major source of foreign parts content” at 15%, and China is not listed, China would have to be less than 15%.

2.3L EcoBoost is made in Valencia, Spain. 2.7L EcoBoost is made in Lima, Ohio. Since this vehicle is an FE, and all FE’s include the Sasquatch package, and all Sasquatch packages require the 2.7L engine, this vehicle’s engine is the 2.7L made in Ohio.
Squatch doesn't require 2.7. Got a 2.3 squatched out Base

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Squatch doesn't require 2.7. Got a 2.3 squatched out Base
Interesting. I thought adding Sasquatch package mandated the 2.7L engine, but it only requires adding the 10-speed auto. Thanks for the clarification.

I do know that the subject vehicle of this thread (First Edition) has a 2.7L engine, because it is the only engine available on that trim package.

Sponsored

jimmy-joe

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Side badging on this one says "First Edition" but why no black side stripes and hood stripes? Just curious? Is this one of the pre-production "display only" models that will go to the crusher later on?

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base

[/QUOTE
I believe the 2.3L is built at the Cleveland Engine Plant 1

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the 2.3L is built at the Cleveland Engine Plant 1
That's what I suspect and am trying to confirm. The listed Country of Origin on the Parts Content Information sticker may be explained by parts sourced from Mexico but assembled at Cleveland Engine Plant 1.

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's what I suspect and am trying to confirm. The listed Country of Origin on the Parts Content Information sticker may be explained by parts sourced from Mexico but assembled at Cleveland Engine Plant 1.
Cleveland once had 2 Engine Plants and a Casting Plant with roughly 10,000 employees back in the 70's

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It looks like the brush guard is installed by the dealer not the factory. I plan to leave it off of my First Edition.
Sponsored