Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The 2022 SPLASH edition Ranger colors have been announced and shown (in digital rendering only). If you don't know what the Splash editions are, do a search for it as I won't go over the program here.

Full tread on Ranger5g: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...nnounced-snow-forest-and-sand-editions.17678/

Forged Green (Summer release)
Ford Bronco MAP paint facilities info: Splash Ranger colors forged green

Avalanche Gray (spring release) (looks tan and boring to me, it will be a huge hit)
Ford Bronco MAP paint facilities info: Splash Ranger colors avalanch

Desert Sand (Fall release) (also looks tan, or possibly champagne)
Ford Bronco MAP paint facilities info: Splash Ranger colors Desert Sand
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wasn't Avalanche on the F-150 Raptor a few years ago???

Reactions: Rip

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Avalanche. Looks like a very light gray. Almost Cactus Gray without the green hue. This is one color that does not photograph well and would need to be seen in person.

Ford Bronco MAP paint facilities info: Splash Ranger colors 17-raptor-crew-cab-avalanche-gray-802a-graphics-tech-pack-forged-wheels-2

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Avalanche. Looks like a very light gray. Almost Cactus Gray without the green hue. This is one color that does not photograph well and would need to be seen in person.

Ford Bronco MAP paint facilities info: Splash Ranger colors 17-raptor-crew-cab-avalanche-gray-802a-graphics-tech-pack-forged-wheels-2
I can absolutely see how in a model year that you can get Cactus Gray, Iconic Silver, or white that another shade of gray would be needed.

Lets not forget the rock stars that determined the F150 color pallet which included:

• THREE different shades of white.
  • SIX shades of gray
  • TWO different blacks
  • Three non-grayscale colors

Ford Bronco MAP paint facilities info: Splash Ranger colors f150 paints

I guess this was the ADA-mandated selection for the color blind to feel they were getting special treatment?

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just what we needed, more bland colors.
right? doesn't "splash" make you think of the brightly colored rangers from the 90's? I wish ford would ever take a leaf out of dodge's book and have some awesome colors. those are some serious dentist office wallpaper colors. so tired of this

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can absolutely see how in a model year that you can get Cactus Gray, Iconic Silver, or white that another shade of gray would be needed.

Lets not forget the rock stars that determined the F150 color pallet which included:

• SIX shades of gray
  • TWO different blacks

Ford Bronco MAP paint facilities info: Splash Ranger colors f150 paints

I guess this was the ADA-mandated selection for the color blind to feel they were getting special treatment?

But we can't get Grabber Blue. But the Mach E does. 🙄

How about Twister Orange or Grabber Yellow???

Ford Bronco MAP paint facilities info: Splash Ranger colors Screenshot (24)

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well that's a let down, the Splash is supposed to be bright in your face colors.

1996-Ford-Ranger Regular Cab-FrontSide_FTRGESPL971_506x375.jpg

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well that's a let down, the Splash is supposed to be bright in your face colors.

1996-Ford-Ranger Regular Cab-FrontSide_FTRGESPL971_506x375.jpg

I remember those. There was a few that use to be around here. Back in a time where Ford knew how to put on fun colors.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

• SIX shades of gray
  • TWO different blacks

Ford Bronco MAP paint facilities info: Splash Ranger colors 1996-Ford-Ranger Regular Cab-FrontSide_FTRGESPL971_506x375

I forgot I snapped these last month. This is Space White. It's pretty sharp in person.

Ford Bronco MAP paint facilities info: Splash Ranger colors 4A27CCC6-F59B-4058-BFB1-6056C73493CE

Ford Bronco MAP paint facilities info: Splash Ranger colors 10323E00-A711-49CF-AF9A-1D9368A7B8B6

Ford Bronco MAP paint facilities info: Splash Ranger colors B7751C8F-A845-4008-8C4B-BDF777F5BF93

Ford Bronco MAP paint facilities info: Splash Ranger colors 2C6E36EF-9C16-4380-9F4B-045D655E5EC1

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just received clarification from Levine as to whether the Tremor package would be available on the limited editions (Avalanche/Sand/Forest). He said no that it will only be offered on the Splash edition. I think there is confusion with these limited editions in the presumption that they are part of the Splash edition. I was under the impression that all these limited editions were under the marketed Splash Edition umbrella and that there was going to be a limited rotated Splash offering each quarter. When it turns out that the Splash Edition is just a singular offering and the other three limited editions are just that.

Now, I know the recent media publicity including what is available directly from Ford seems to lump all these editions under the Splash umbrella so the confusion is understandable. But you can read for yourself Levine's response to me (I'm blue.luna.adventures).

Last edited:

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Black white silver gray black white silver gray, over and over. This is a typical Tucson intersection any time of day…

Ford Bronco MAP paint facilities info: Splash Ranger colors 666F51EF-D94E-4450-9C89-6AE053D06214

Enough! Credit to FCA and Toyota for trying to do something about it…

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just received clarification from Levine as to whether the Tremor package would be available on the limited editions (Avalanche/Sand/Forest). He said no that it will only be offered on the Splash edition. I think there is confusion with these limited editions in the presumption that they are part of the Splash edition. I was under the impression that all these limited editions were under the marketed Splash Edition umbrella and that there was going to be a limited rotated Splash offering each quarter. When it turns out that the Splash Edition is just a singular offering and the other three limited editions are just that.

Now, I know the recent media publicity including what is available directly from Ford seems to lump all these editions under the Splash umbrella so the confusion is understandable. But you can read for yourself Levine's response to me (I'm blue.luna.adventures).
So I've done some digging as I was genuinely confused by these limited editions. This is pertinent to the Bronco as it will give us some insight how Ford intends to offer special editions (Everglades, Heritage, etc.) in the future. Well it seems that all these limited edition in the linked article are indeed Splash Editions. But there is only 1 that will actually carry the Splash designation. There will be an Avalanche, Splash, Sand, and Forest Splash Edition. Yup, a Splash Splash Edition - :rolleyes:.

What makes them unique is that specific colors and packages will only be offered on specific editions. Case in point, the Splash Splash Edition will be the only Splash Edition that can option the Tremor Package. The Avalanche Splash Edition will only be available in the Lariat trim. And the Forest Splash Edition will only be available in the XLT trim.

But to get back to the paint options, they will have unique paint to distinguish each edition. One won't be able to order a Splash Splash Edition in Avalanche. That color will only be on the Avalanche Splash Edition.
Sponsored