Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I modeled out a production run in excel, factoring in the two week shut down. Based on what we have been told, its a 100/day build starting 5/3, ramping up to 200/day by end of May. We've seen this in the snapshot of scheduled builds this week starting at 107 this Monday, and 133 this Friday. Keeping that trend, I magically get to 200 builds a day by end of May, as we have been told.

We were also told further ramp up in August running at full production. If i keep that ramp up trend, it works out to about 500 by August. I am assuming 500/day from there forward, and no weekends. Maybe its all a wash at 2.5k builds a week with some weekend builds. And rolling all of that up (without me finessing anything) my model actually spits out ~62k builds from 5/3 to the first week of December (Friday 12/3)....They said after the beginning of December, they will switch to 2022s...and that total volume is consistent with what we've been told. I am actually surprised the total number was fairly spot on.

Looking at my projected daily build schedule, at 5k demos (first up, for example), they are on track to finish ~5k demos by 6/22. Moving on to priority, that falls within 6/23 to 7/5 for 3k priority builds to be completed, after I delete out 2 weeks of production from the plant shutdown. So that also falls in line with priority build dates provided to customers. For the balance of the run, assuming 75% are allocated to FE, they will knock out the FE from 7/5-8/3. While building 2,400 non FEs (the balance of the 25%) during the same window of time. After 8/3, it's another 2,500/week until they hit a total of ~63k builds by 12/3

Do with that as you may. Lol
500-600 PER SHIFT. Not per day. Get that Excel back out.
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unfortunately the bottleneck is going to be Webasto producing MIC tops. As of two weeks ago they could only produce up to 40 in a day and that’s only on a good day 😆. Obviously everyone is working hard to ramp production up but finding quality employees remains a huge problem.
If Ford would pre-install the wiring, wiper stalk switch & tubing for the hardtop rear window, I would gladly have bought the soft top first, and MIC or hard top later.

Golfnut1913

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At my dealership's Bronco preview event today (same LB & Rapid Red that's been Everywhere) one of the dealer's management staff said Ford & the union had just agreed to add a 3rd shift at MAP for the 4th quarter. That'll crank out some Broncos
This is not accurate

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
500-600 PER SHIFT. Not per day. Get that Excel back out.
Even if i took out the ramp up from May to August. I.e. 200/day M-F through June/July, and then magically overnight is went to 1,000/day M-F in August through the first week of December...its STILL way to high of a total volume number. It calcs to 100k Broncos by the first week of December. Way off.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even if i took out the ramp up from May to August. I.e. 200/day M-F through June/July, and then magically overnight is went to 1,000/day M-F in August through the first week of December...its STILL way to high of a total volume number. It calcs to 100k Broncos by the first week of December. Way off.
Way off how? Did you take into account the number of cancelled orders and the number of orders moved to MY22? I have that at about 25%.

Golfnut1913

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What's the real scoop?
We are on 2 shifts and only 2 shifts. The fact that people that are running this site reporting false information its not cool, then trying to get employees to report back to them with numbers and problems in the plants is pathetic. People are getting in big trouble reporting to media stuff that is going on. So I will say this again that report is false

OP
OP
Carolina Jim

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I will say this again that report is false
Thanks. So you are saying MAP will not have a third shift in the 4th quarter of this year?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Way off how? Did you take into account the number of cancelled orders and the number of orders moved to MY22? I have that at about 25%
Nothing to do with converted orders or 2022. I am talking about the 60-65k builds Ford estimated for 2021 CY.

alivecchi003

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just send me my Bronco without a top. I’d rather go aftermarket for a soft top instead of waiting for months and months.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing to do with converted orders or 2022. I am talking about the 60-65k builds Ford estimated for 2021 CY.
That was early on prior to announcing a second shift. Things have changed.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure how this is going to help. The issue is the lack of MIC tops from Webasto. Adding workers won’t help if the Ford plant doesn’t have the tops to install from their supplier.
If not enough tops, maybe they can make Pintos? Production tooling got to be lying around somewhere....

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That was early on prior to announcing a second shift. Things have changed.
Second shift was announced and hired last year. Things have changed for the worse not the better. Your 500-600 per shift is a theoretical max number of UNITS. That means Ranger AND Bronco.
Sponsored