Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Almost 15k units produced while ours made months ago still sit in the yard.
Nice customer service, Ford.
Wow, yours got made? Congrats! You may know it could be worse and is worse for most others. You could be waiting with no indication of ever building your bronco going on 2 years, and months of waiting even after that day comes that may never even happen. Perspective could help, you have a Bronco built and assigned to you, I'd swap situations in a heartbeat. Hope you get yours soon, but still this is a first world bronco problem in a world of much bigger problems with the process.
Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's a standard shipping delay. It takes WEEKS to ship a car.
You are assuming four weeks and an excuse of a shipping delay. At least I got you to say the word "Delay".

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad they are giving chips to Cars that were just ordered while marking vehicles ordered over a year ago wait for the exact same chip
It's been talked about before, but keeping the assembly line moving has priority over everything at Ford. That's their streamlined money printer, printing (X) Broncos per hour continuously. They aren't going to shut it off to redirect the parts to Broncos sitting in a lot, which they can only complete at (much, much less than X) per hour.

Dirt/Ice/Mud Mountain gets the line's leftovers. That's just how it is.

Edit: I see now that you probably weren't referring to the mostly-built Broncos waiting in the chip lot. I agree with complaints about Ford's ridiculous scheduling algorithm.

Last edited:

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But doesn't the latter half of your comment not change, since they would build it anyways? Like if a customer cancels their order, doesn't the dealership order it regardless and treat it as dealer stock?

Your first part of rsvp to order is not something I thought about. That is a curious number -- if 200k reservations came in but only 120k actually converted, that matters big time. I see what you're saying.
That.. and how many people started gaming the system by placing multiple orders at differing dealerships? The numbers are wholly unknown without mass speculation.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, they have to keep dirt mountain full somehow. lol

Sponsored

Cmptn845

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 pilot, 16 frontier, 10 maxima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hopefully they will knock out a lot of orders. Or more likely they will crank out a shit ton of dealer stock.

jdbabb4247

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm very curious as to their definition of "produced". If it's sitting at Ice Mountain, does that count as "produced"?
My Bronco produced 3/9, was scheduled delivery to dealership 3/17-3/21, moved to 4/1-4/7, now moved to last week in April, WTF Ford?

rsmith9999

Black Diamond
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Explorer, '16 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve been at the waiting part of this adventure for only 12 months. Understand the frustration with those that are 13+ months and waiting. In my older age, I’ve been trying hard to see the bright side and this is good news.

Understand that several of them will sit in a lot waiting for chips, et. al. However, I’d rather have them produced and waiting 2-3 months for X part(s) than not built at all.
I'm now 15 months since the order went in. Still no build date. Frustration has ended. Now just sadly resigned that it will show up at some point. I had planned on taking it out west on this summer's trip. Looks like the Explorer will have to do while I rent a Jeep for the off road stuff.

capterik

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex, ram promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who cares how many they produced, how many did they ship is the question

Sponsored

capterik

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex, ram promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're just so out of the loop. My vehicle blend date was 3/23. It is on a train headed to me, with the estimated arrival being 4/19-4/25. So yeah, I don't consider that a delay - though apparently you do??? Sorry, but that's the time it takes to ship 1,200 miles using multiple methods of shipping (orders west of the Mississippi have to transfer from CSX to UP railroads and then convoy from the rail station to the dealer).

Seriously, I get that Ford has not done well with early reservation holders and that I'm very fortunate to be getting mine soon. But past problems do not indicate future problems when those past issues have been resolved. Seriously, the people with builds in March are not experiencing widespread delays. Just go look at the threads. Nearly everyone is getting their vehicle timely. People in Florida are tracking that their trucks are south of Atlanta at the moment. You're just disgruntled by past issues that aren't existing for new builds.
Mine was built on 3/6, so how the f does yours ship before mine, so f/o on your analysis

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was built on 3/6, so how the f does yours ship before mine, so f/o on your analysis
Maybe Ford knows you're not a very nice person so held up your Bronco? I dunno, but that's my best guess.

I took a look at the 2/28 build week. Y'all don't have a spreadsheet, so can't tell whether that week had major issues or not. A shame that build week wasn't that organized. Oh well. But I see a lot of people from that week are getting their Broncos delivered - and many aren't. Very unfortunate. But I don't understand how that undermines my post at all?

Lovecato

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The numbers are good but Ford HAS to start building higher end trims and not just covering big dealers with Big Bends to stick on the lot. We are just now starting to see Badlands and Wildtracks built in any meaningful quantity. It's also sad as many as they're building and as early as my personal reservation is I just about don't expect to see it this year as ridiculous as that sounds.
Not sure how happy I am supposed to feel after finally receiving my VIN number and build week of May 9th! Will it sit on a lot some place? Will they have enough truckers to ship once it is built? My order is from 27th Jan 2021 And it is a non sasq. Badlands.

gpnjen

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're just so out of the loop. My vehicle blend date was 3/23. It is on a train headed to me, with the estimated arrival being 4/19-4/25. So yeah, I don't consider that a delay - though apparently you do??? Sorry, but that's the time it takes to ship 1,200 miles using multiple methods of shipping (orders west of the Mississippi have to transfer from CSX to UP railroads and then convoy from the rail station to the dealer).
May I ask what you ordered? My 2-door Badlands, mid-package, manual build was completed on March 9 and still waiting for shipment. The dealer said there was a chip delay. You got my chips ;) Excited to hear yours is on the way and just trying to guesstimate when mine might roll out of Michigan!

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May I ask what you ordered? My 2-door Badlands, mid-package, manual build was completed on March 9 and still waiting for shipment. The dealer said there was a chip delay. You got my chips Excited to hear yours is on the way and just trying to guesstimate when mine might roll out of Michigan!
Of course. 4 Dr BL Lux with the 2.7. So your vehicle was "built"? I think chip shortages are still in production? Have you reached out to Ford chat? They are more reliable than your dealer. Also, is your dealer relatively close to MAP? I've heard of convoy delays for those close deliveries.(Nvm on the last part. Montana would be rail)
Sponsored