Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ / Ford F150/ 17 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So thinking about switching to a Badlands. I have a Belgian Malignois that goes everywhere with me. Any feedback in how well the marine grade vinyl seats hold up to his claws? Also ease of cleaning the floor as he sheds a ton.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So far, so good, zero scratches and even the surface marks from claws that I have seen rub right out. I am using 303 Protectant. Vac/washout the floors. The only place hair is getting caught is near the seatbelts and such. There is a bit of fabric there. But, not the end of the world. Much better than carpet and leather IMO.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So thinking about switching to a Badlands. I have a Belgian Malignois that goes everywhere with me. Any feedback in how well the marine grade vinyl seats hold up to his claws? Also ease of cleaning the floor as he sheds a ton.
Real deal, bite work trained Malinois? I would crate him/her unless it is the unusual example with an off switch. If the latter is the case I will read the answers with interest. Disclaimer: I have a Hovawart with Malinois drive who is an angel in the car. This is something of a unicorn dog. Most working Malinois I know will shred a car interior uncrated.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been keeping the second row folded and letting my two kishus have the back area.

The MGV will probably hold up. But if dog is in the passenger seat, I'd probably cover it. Those quilted canvas seat covers are great. Easy on and off. I use one in another car that has leather. Cheap too on Amazon.

The floor and hair are really easy cleanup in the badlands. Just the stupid carpeting on the back of the second row needs vacuum.

Sponsored
OP
OP

RedorBlue

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ / Ford F150/ 17 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Real deal, bite work trained Malinois? I would crate him/her unless it is the unusual example with an off switch. If the latter is the case I will read the answers with interest. Disclaimer: I have a Hovawart with Malinois drive who is an angel in the car. This is something of a unicorn dog. Most working Malinois I know will shred a car interior uncrated.
Not bite work trained. Family pet. Honestly he rides around in my jeep TJ without any issues. Actually his favorite place to be. We exercise and work with him alot. Works well to keep him halfway normal.
Smartest most athletic dog I have ever seen.. . 35" tires in the jeep and he jumps straight into the back seat.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WTF? Bad enough no Bronco pictures but No Dog Pictures is totally Unacceptable

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Having been owned by a Belgian Groenendael and been around plenty of Tervs and Mals, Belgians naturally like to call shotgun to be next to their owner. Just a variation of the "Belgian Leans". Belgians love old fashion bench seats the best. Buckets and Split benches suck.

Tellsnow

Base
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While I can't speak for the MGV as I have cloth, I did use one of the backseat hammocks at first which worked fine. Kept the seats safe and mostly clean. The issue was when she got excited (all too often) and attempt to jump to the front. Between that and the shedding I decided to give a crate a try. A Ruffland kennel with the side door in the cargo space is 👌 She'll take the backseat sometimes, but the kennel really makes for a headache free ride and, at the end of the day, is much safer for her.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Finn’s going to be even happier once he’s in a bronco!

I use the canopy the connects to the headrests, works really well. I also have cloth seats and seat covers over them.

I’m not getting seat covers for my MGV, but I will still use the canopy. However folding the rear seats down and having him get in the back should be easier, and would reduce any damage from him getting in and out since the opening is bigger at the tailgate

77EBDE93-2CD9-4830-B8FD-3F88992D9F39.jpeg

Bronconius

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ford Lighting
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the first vehicle for my girl. One of my reasons for getting a bronco with the MG vinyl was to get away from the noise of the city, to go hiking and camping with her. I’m hoping she adapts to the bronco well as we will be going everywhere! 😁

F8329F58-FC65-4E32-9724-1C75434B033D.jpeg

Tellsnow

Base
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While I can't speak for the MGV as I have cloth, I did use one of the backseat hammocks at first which worked fine. Kept the seats safe and mostly clean. The issue was when she got excited (all too often) and attempt to jump to the front. Between that and the shedding I decided to give a crate a try. A Ruffland kennel with the side door in the cargo space is 👌 She'll take the backseat sometimes, but the kennel really makes for a headache free ride and, at the end of the day, is much safer for her.
This is her in the hammock. Big fan of the car ride

D14C059B-D0CE-4385-8C26-077EC9E39BB0.jpeg

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Literally just posted on another thread that we need a dogs group. Broncos really are amazing for ease of cleaning up after all the animals in our lives: fur from the furry ones, and cheez its from the human ones. Minivans should come standard with wash out floors.

Winston’s eagerly awaiting his first ride.

1E067AC5-DD5D-49F6-B474-0225A72C52AA.jpeg

4928DD3A-A765-4456-824E-4B20C4C177DF.jpeg
Sponsored