Sponsored

Marine Grade Vinyl + car seats = Ruined?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t think anyone has asked this before. And given this stuff isn’t put in car, but boats, I’m not sure anyone has the answer

but if I were to anchor down a car seat for a few years, will marine grade vinyl bounce back like leather? When I sold my last car I had to take a hairdryer and rub out the car seat dents for a couple hours. I got out 90% of it. But how will marine grade work in that situation? Are we going to ruin it permanently with car seats? Or is it even more durable than leather?
Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think you will be fine.. It is the same material they use in boats. I put a dog seat cover (waterproof) under the car seats anyways... Puke/or cheerios, you don't have to worry.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t think anyone has asked this before. And given this stuff isn’t put in car, but boats, I’m not sure anyone has the answer

but if I were to anchor down a car seat for a few years, will marine grade vinyl bounce back like leather? When I sold my last car I had to take a hairdryer and rub out the car seat dents for a couple hours. I got out 90% of it. But how will marine grade work in that situation? Are we going to ruin it permanently with car seats? Or is it even more durable than leather?
From what I gathered from another forum....Vinyl is easily repairable unlike leather, so it is more durable and fixable if damaged. Since it is a man made blend you can "Cut" and Melt" a new piece in place of a damaged area. Just passing along what I read.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not the vinyl so much as the foam seat cushion under it that gets indentations over being pressed in for a long period. On our seat I would loosen the straps whenever the child wasn't in the seat to prevent that, PIA but only takes a few seconds. Also use a seat protector under the car seat especially if it has sharp or narrow runners.

Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always used a broken down cardboard box under the car seat. Worked like a champ.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where the eff were you guys 7 years ago!?!?! I never thought to put something under the car seats. Son of a beeswax.

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where the eff were you guys 7 years ago!?!?! I never thought to put something under the car seats. Son of a beeswax.
Putting my 4 year old son into a car seat supported by a broken down cardboard box.

Your real beef is with Ford! If they'd announced the Bronco 7 years ago, this board would have existed and you'd have learned the way! :)

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Definitely go with one of those thick rubber seat protectors (I had a couple from Babies R Us called Seat Savers I think). That said, vinyl seats are superior to leather in this regard in my experience (I’ve owned 3 VWs with synthetic leather). The vinyl bounces back better than leather. Less stretching, less buckling. I freaking love the stuff.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just get a roof rack. No dents in the seats, no goldfish in the A/C vents, more storage since you can have the seats folded down, ...
Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl + car seats = Ruined? 1605790291961

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Potential problem solved. Have one of these in my Grand Cherokee. I just took them off to lay down the seats and you can't even tell anything was there.

9955A3D9-38F6-4B4D-B9B9-A635622C775C.jpeg
Sponsored