Sponsored

Marine Grade Vinyl On-Vehicle Door Storage Bags?

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received my "cloth" versions of the front and rear door covers when I picked up the Bronco, but yesterday I received a set of Marine Grade front door covers in the mail. They even have the Bronco logo on them. Anyone else get a set of these....are these some kind of consolation prize for waiting 23 months?
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received my "cloth" versions of the front and rear door covers when I picked up the Bronco, but yesterday I received a set of Marine Grade front door covers in the mail. They even have the Bronco logo on them. Anyone else get a set of these....are these some kind of consolation prize for waiting 23 months?
Covers? Pictures needed.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No clue, seems like people are getting random stuff from FMC these last couple weeks.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fabric covers came when I ordered my Bronco.
This Marine Vinyl front door covers is what came in the mail

3A6DD1CA-1658-4319-90DD-F2EBFB9FF982.jpeg

3BF99EBB-B622-4DD0-B126-4453C8C5F1F2.jpeg

FA1D5D0B-E43B-4ABD-BF65-2BD6BDE4508B.jpeg
Those are on-vehicle door storage bags for stowing the doors with a harness inside the cargo bay of 4D hard top models. The diagram on the label shows which door goes in that bag and where that bag is stored in the cargo bay.

For the label shown, that bag goes on the driver’s side front door, and that bag is stored in the 2nd slot out of the 4 bags in the cargo bay.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jim Walter

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those are on-vehicle door storage bags for stowing the doors with a harness inside the cargo bay of 4D hard top models. The diagram on the label shows which door goes in that bag and where that bag is stored in the cargo bay.

For the label shown, that bag goes on the driver’s side front door, and that bag is stored in the 2nd slot out of the 4 bags in the cargo bay.
Yes I know. Just wasn’t expecting a set of MGV front door covers

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I know. Just wasn’t expecting a set of MGV front door covers
Bronco Customer Satisfaction Funds. Program ends 6/30/22, so dealers are trying to use it before they lose it.

I realize you know how the bags are used. People viewing this thread title and opening post are simply confused by your use of the word “covers”, since Ford refers to them as storage “bags”, and so do the parts vendors. (A cover is typically applied to only one side of an object, whereas a bag typical encloses an object.)

OP
OP
Jim Walter

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Customer Satisfaction Funds. Program ends 6/30/22, so dealers are trying to use it before they lose it.

I realize you know how the bags are used. People viewing this thread title and opening post are simply confused by your use of the word “covers”, since Ford refers to them as storage “bags”, and so do the parts vendors. (A cover is typically applied to only one side of an object, whereas a bag typical encloses an object.)
You are correct should have said door “bags”
Sponsored