dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Same. I was just a bit astounded by that low number.

And thanks for the catch. Sunlight hours. Duh.
I'm sure that this rating is done in some kind of standardized test box with a documented light intensity. Again, having grown up on the shore, I can tell you that I've owned boats that have survived years outside without a cover.

Of course the vinyl in those boats was white. Which I"m sure makes a big difference in how it handles direct sun.

The difference in surface temp of a white vs black vinyl seat in direct sunlight is HUUGGEE.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That looks very nice. Unfortunately, you can't go above the Mid package with that model. Strange. They really have made it difficult to order exactly what you want.
Yes you can. You can't get High or Lux on BD. You get solid black with orange stitching in the Badlands which can get Mid, High, or Lux.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to touch and sit on it yesterday. Only thing I have to compare it to is boats and cars and I can say it doesn't feel like either of them. It is very similar to the leather in the obx trim. Who's to know how durable it is. Only time will tell.

IMG_30211.jpg

20210327_120619.jpg
Thanks for the pics and great user name. I used to have a cousin butzy so seeing it brought back memories. đź‘Ť

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seats might be marine grade, I doubt the electronics are
The switches and electronics that would be exposed to the elements if caught with the roof off are stated to be water proof/resistant and encapsulated.

(steering wheel, hero switches, window switches, aux switches)

Sponsored
OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes you can. You can't get High or Lux on BD. You get solid black with orange stitching in the Badlands which can get Mid, High, or Lux.
I had mentioned above that I liked the 2 tone on the Black diamond. Which can't get high or lux.

The badlands doesn't offer 2 tone MGV. Only black. But it does offer high and lux.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the pics and great user name. I used to have a cousin butzy so seeing it brought back memories. đź‘Ť
That's awesome!!

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anybody know how these seats will stand up to dogs by any chance? I know I’ll have to get a good seat cover for the passenger seat so my pup’s claws don’t rip it up, but I’m wondering how durable they will be without. At least I can hose out the inevitable mud

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw. Thanks.

Your pics show a 2 tone MGV interior. Is it me or is MGV only available in black in the configurator?

I'm trying to avoid a pure black interior. I like a little color.

It amazes me that Ford doesn't offer a simple tan or grey in every model. That's like interior 101. Black, then tan, then grey.

Don
Sadly, that is all I could see on the b&p as well. The black and grey with blue stitching and whatever comes on the badlands with the orange stitching. I haven’t attempted to configure anything higher than a black diamond as I have too many irons in the fire.

OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anybody know how these seats will stand up to dogs by any chance? I know I’ll have to get a good seat cover for the passenger seat so my pup’s claws don’t rip it up, but I’m wondering how durable they will be without. At least I can hose out the inevitable mud
A friend had a Jetta wagon with the VW vinyl and it held up great. My dog rides in a crate in the way-back, so one of the things I'll have to confirm is if a crate can fit in the back of a Bronco. When we go hunting he is often filthy, muddy, and wet. So he is used to riding in a crate. In fact, he gets nervous if he's not in the crate.

Sponsored

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A friend had a Jetta wagon with the VW vinyl and it held up great. My dog rides in a crate in the way-back, so one of the things I'll have to confirm is if a crate can fit in the back of a Bronco. When we go hunting he is often filthy, muddy, and wet. So he is used to riding in a crate. In fact, he gets nervous if he's not in the crate.
That’s great to hear about the VW vinyl, I hope the MGV is similar. When we got our grand Cherokee, we had it for less than a week before we had a rip in the seat from a dog. Our son was in a car seat then and we couldn’t find a seat cover for the back seat that let his car seat go in the middle so we risked it. Live and learn!
And I guess I already know a dog crate won’t fit in the back of my Bronco since I’m getting a two door. But if you are getting a four door, it looks like you might have a good shot at fitting one, (depending on size of dog)

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe those test hours are for continual exposure... I know when lots of metals are tested, like in a salt spray test, it’s a continual time not intermittent

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are several aluminums approved for aircraft... but not all of them, nor all of the tempers for the ones that are.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw it and got to feel it in person at Supercell East. Pics here: https://www.bronco6g.com/super-duper-photo-thread-from-bronco-super-celebration-east/

I honestly couldn’t even tell the difference between it and leather. I had to ask one of the engineers which it was. Felt amazing and of very good quality. I’m getting MGV in my Badlands.
Saw and felt it at Supercel East as well. The only way there is a difference between the mgv and leather is texture. The cushioning and bolsters are excellent. The mgv alone pretty much bumped us up a trim level after Supercel.

OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Saw and felt it at Supercel East as well. The only way there is a difference between the mgv and leather is texture. The cushioning and bolsters are excellent. The mgv alone pretty much bumped us up a trim level after Supercel.
If only they offered it in tan or grey.

This is me going around in circles. I've owned a car with a Tan dash. It reflected horribly in certain conditions. I notice the cars with Roast interior have a tan dash. Again - interior 101. the glare shield should be black. even if the rest of the interior is tan.

I'm thinking that though black MGV isn't my first choice aesthetically, it is best for me..

I love the Roast leather, but it would look dumb with a cactus grey vehicle. Which is the exterior I'm leaning towards.
Sponsored