dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One interesting thing is a loaded 35k Bronco Sport has memory seats.
Sponsored

OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There are several aluminums approved for aircraft... but not all of them, nor all of the tempers for the ones that are.
Not to get too far off track.

2024 aluminum is typically used in aircraft skin. Its got a pure aluminum coating on both sides for corrosion resistance. This aluminum is NEVER what is meant when "aircraft grade" aluminum is used.

What most people speak of is typically 6061 - which is a common structural aluminum. With a T6 temper its 6061-T6.

7075 -T6 is even stronger than 2024 and is typically used where high strength castings or forgings are needed.

Headed back on track. I was wrong above. There does appear to actually be something called marine grade vinyl. ha.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I did use search and did't really find it spelled out like this.

I've owned cars with power seats. They are VALUELESS unless they come with memory. Then they are fantastic.

It is nice to get in my wife's Volvo and push one button and the seat 10 way adjusts to me, plus the mirrors.

Prior to that car, she had 10 way power seats and with the mind boggling number of choices available it was a major pain in the butt to adjust them for me. Then she'd complain that it was hard for her to find an adjustment that worked for her. We ultimately agreed that when I drove the car all I would adjust was the for and aft travel and setback angle. Then she could find her spot more easily.

but memory is a game changer.
No to mention that by the time I get this, my older daughter will be heading off to college in the Fall, my younger daughter will be inheriting my Subaru and my wife obviously has her own car so in reality there will be little usage of my new ride other than me. If the seat positioning gets messed up, I will really have only one person to blame so as I talked it through, the choice was obvious. I must have had a momentary lapse of reason at initial order.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dcm, I think if you search on MGV you'll find many threads. Many have seen and felt it, which moved me from OBX to BD just for that.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I want the free Sound Deadening Headliner and my Bronco is going to have the MGV, do I need to contact my dealer and ask for the SDH or since it's free now does it come standard in all MY '21 Broncos?
For MGV you have to call your dealer to get the headliner!
I already did and got a revised order sheet with the headliner listed!

Sponsored

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. My mom had a W123 300D from like 1984. She had it until 2005 or so and it still looked and felt good. The current VW stuff is similarly nice. Though I can't vouch for how well it will last.
300D. Someday I'd like one in light blue.

OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
300D. Someday I'd like one in light blue.
I just noticed you had a Giulietta Spider.

My dad had one for years. He bought a 58 or 59 that was a bit rough to race in VSCCA. That is one of the prettiest cars ever made. Eventually he got tired of the snobbery and now races with VRG. At the young age of 79. Ha.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just noticed you had a Giulietta Spider.

My dad had one for years. He bought a 58 or 59 that was a bit rough to race in VSCCA. That is one of the prettiest cars ever made. Eventually he got tired of the snobbery and now races with VRG. At the young age of 79. Ha.
That's fantastic. There can be some snobs in the hobby. My car was a VSCCA'ed before I bought it -- a lot of fun to drive. I see you're in Metrowest. If you see a red Giulietta running around, it might be me.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those of us getting a Badlands or BD with the MGV should be happy about everything but the dark color and how hot it'll be.
Yes, I am fully anticipating a permanent beanbag-shaped sweat mark on the seat. At least it'll have people not wanting to drive it!

OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One benefit of being a masshole is we are near tons of marine vinyl and canvas shops. You cold probably get a white MGV seat cover made. ha. pure function. no style.

Sponsored
OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's fantastic. There can be some snobs in the hobby. My car was a VSCCA'ed before I bought it -- a lot of fun to drive. I see you're in Metrowest. If you see a red Giulietta running around, it might be me.
It made him nuts. He has a 58 Corvette with original factory racing options. Rare stuff like 290 hp fuel injected motor and the big brake option. It was one of the true race cars of the day. But yet VSCCA let shitty little MGAs run when NOBODY raced them back in the day. They just don't like American iron in VSCCA. Unless its something exotic like an Allard.

Of course the irony now is that he is selling his 240Z and buying a MGA for racing in VRG.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It made him nuts. He has a 58 Corvette with original factory racing options. Rare stuff like 290 hp fuel injected motor and the big brake option. It was one of the true race cars of the day. But yet VSCCA let shitty little MGAs run when NOBODY raced them back in the day. They just don't like American iron in VSCCA. Unless its something exotic like an Allard.

Of course the irony now is that he is selling his 240Z and buying a MGA for racing in VRG.
Well it sounds like he is an old-car guy through and through. Maybe I'll bump into him if he's ever at Larz Anderson museum -- we do a Corvette day in June, around Father's Day.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It amazes me that Ford doesn't offer a simple tan or grey in every model. That's like interior 101. Black, then tan, then grey.

Don
It’s like higher math. Ford has left Interior 101 far behind. That are operating on a color/materials plane that is far above our comprehension.

• Haha
Reactions: abe

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't boat vinyl crack because of the other conditions you put it in? Like salt water exposure? I ordered a badlands, am getting the MGV regardless but im hoping it lasts the test of time more than boat vinyl as well.
Sponsored