Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A couple of questions...

1) How will the marine-grade vinyl seats hold up in the cold temps? (Vinyl is not as flexible in the cold as it is in hot weather, so they tell boat owners to be careful stepping on cold vinyl – it will rip easily)
2) It doesn't look like the "heated seats" option is available with the marine-grade vinyl seats. True?

I ask these questions because I'm in Colorado and temps get pretty cold in the winter.
Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can only speak for boat vinyl at mid 30s temperatures and ours holds up fine in cold. It does suck to sit on initially until it warms up though.

If I recall the mid package offers heated seats. At least I swear that's what I saw for the Badlands.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can only speak for boat vinyl at mid 30s temperatures and ours holds up fine in cold. It does suck to sit on initially until it warms up though.

If I recall the mid package offers heated seats. At least I swear that's what I saw for the Badlands.
I believe that is if you opt for the leather seating in the Badlands. I don't think it's available in Vinyl.

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Black Diamond and the Badlands offer heated seats with marine grade vinyl seats on the mid package. I'm curious how durable it will be as well, looks a lot like Subaru's new water resistant seating they call StarTex: if it is similar should be fairly durable.
Ford Bronco Marine-Grade Vinyl Seats...In The Cold 2021 Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl Seats Front

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

If you get the Mid Package you get front heated seats. So only the Base trim does without it since Mid Package is not available for the Base.

Sponsored

makatron

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu D-Max 3.0L 4-cylinder diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Black Diamond and the Badlands offer heated seats with marine grade vinyl seats on the mid package. I'm curious how durable it will be as well, looks a lot like Subaru's new water resistant seating they call StarTex: if it is similar should be fairly durable.
Marine vinyl should hold up just fine, they've been improving a lot in the last two decades and living in the caribbean I've seated in loads of different boats and they feel just fine but might burn you through your pants if it's too hot so I imagine without heated seats it might take a couple minutes until they feel livable.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Get the mid or move to a warmer climate :cool:

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mid for the winter, and light color vinyl for the summer.

Sponsored

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Marine-Grade Vinyl Seats...In The Cold 2021 Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl Seats Front
This is the marine grade vinyl? Maybe I misspoke. That doesnt look too bad.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I figured a marine would be tough enough to sit on a cold seat for a minute until it warmed up. Lol ?

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had a Mini Cooper that had "leatherette" vinyl seats that had heaters, did not seem to be a problem...
Sponsored