First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah this is what I'm curious about with the marine vinyl. I'm between Big Bend and Black Diamond. I would love an easy to clean interior(dog hair is the bane of my existence in my Silverado).

However I'm unsure of the livability of the vinyl in hot climates whether the top is on or off. Seems to me that vinyl in 105 degree temps with no ventilated seats would be a recipe for burned legs, swamp ass, and back sweat. Anyone with a boat in the south have experience with this?
Totally agree. I was thinking of the Big Bend, but reserved a Black Diamond. There are plenty of 90+ degree weather days in Eastern Washington and don't want the seats to burn me or to end up sweaty because they don't breathe.

When you're in a boat you're jumping in the water so who cares if the seats are wet, so are you lol :)
Sponsored

ParsonsWV

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cummins, 2020 Gt500 ordered
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Haven't read through all the pages but to me marine grade vinyl is going to be what is on my boat. Doesn't get super hot in direct sunlight, No noise when sitting down or moving. Resistant to water. If left uncovered for an entire winter will start to get mildew/mold but easily washes right off. Also doesn't have a fake leather or plastic feel or look at all. I have a pretty nice boat so not sure the vinyl on mine is standard through industry but if the bronco has what I am expecting I will be pleased.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Totally agree. I was thinking of the Big Bend, but reserved a Black Diamond. There are plenty of 90+ degree weather days in Eastern Washington and don't want the seats to burn me or to end up sweaty because they don't breathe.

When you're in a boat you're jumping in the water so who cares if the seats are wet, so are you lol :)
Yeah and usually on the water temps are a bit lower and you have the wind.

That said there seems to be some really positive thoughts on how the vinyl will handle the heat. Iā€™m sure ford has done plenty of testing and will put high quality vinyl in these things. If they do get hot thereā€™s always a seat cover or a towel for the summer months lol (That is if I can even afford to spec a Black Diamond the way I want, if not Big Bend for me and this whole discussion was worthless ?)

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I too will opt for the vinyl seats, as long as the color combo looks good. I do really like that pic that was posted of the Catus, if that's the vinyl. I reserved Area 51 but to do like the Catus as well. Reminds me a little of the Cement on the 4Runners. If I get the vinyl and eventually hate it I can always just get covers or have custom leather installed.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Everything gets hot and swampy in my experience. Cloth is the best in terms of not scorching your legs/ass, but itā€™s horrible to keep clean. Iā€™ve had leather in my last two vehicles, but itā€™s hot to the touch. Durability is better than cloth. Vinyl is basically as hot as leather, but easier to keep clean and potentially more durable. One of the key appeals of vinyl is that it basically wipes or rinses clean. In Florida, sand gets everywhere and is a bitch to get out of perforated leather seats. I want easy to clean vinyl.
The cloth is my f-150 stains with WATER. I gave up on upholstery cleaner, just leaves stains where it is used.

rmillermich

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I kinda wish the vinyl seats came with the First Edition! I practically live in the outdoors, we have 7 national forests, a national park, and countless BLM lands 5-15 min from our house. Our Subaru Forester has leather seats and when we got caught in a sand storm with the windows down (our stupidity got the best of us) it was a pain in the butt to clean up. Not to mention loading two muddy dogs in the back after hikes. Hopefully the leather will have a protective coating for rain or washing it down.
I'm getting the black diamond with vinyl, we could swap, I dont mind leather.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ve had synthetic leather (vinyl) in my VWs for years and LOVE THE STUFF. Unlike leather or cloth, they still look brand new after 100k miles. Iā€™m just hoping Ford will provide some attractive options that arenā€™t black, as that will be a real skin-fryer in the summer with the roof off.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah. Boat seats get HOT on a 90 degree day.
The white seats do not get very hot in my boat on a 97 degree day sitting in the sun. They feel good, look new at 10 years old. Clean easily. Was very surprised at how nice they are. Now the black and dark grey accents get hot but they are not seating surfaces.

I want marine vinyl if Ican get heated seats for my wife. Will be the easiest to care for.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I strongly dislike black interiors... so my hope is Outer Banks but if its out of my price range and I have to go back to BB or BD then I'm going to be really torn.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw these on IG. I saw 6g postings where this color combo appeared to be cloth, but in this case i see no carpet and the shine on the material says not cloth. Maybe this is known, but new to me. If itā€™s the marine vinyl, I dig it
F98DB657-D51D-470F-9242-B22FBF43A111.jpeg
5FE820B7-640B-41AD-8765-BDB949A3D071.jpeg
289FF4D2-F6F6-454A-AE93-A5F13154C760.jpeg
I've seen this supposedly verified as cloth... now I have to agree looks maybe vinyl ? ..... I really am hoping this is either vinyl or they have a similar color pattern for the vinyl

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's already been said multiple times in this thread, but almost all leather interiors in vehicles these days are vinyl-coated leather. That's why Aerospace 303 is frequently recommended as the best cleaner and conditioner. I'm not talking about vinyl inserts - the entire seat is leather with a protective plastic (vinyl) coating. The notable exception was the early Ford King Ranch interior. That was real leather and was horrible about staining from blue jeans and such.

All that being said, I hope whatever vinyl interior is offered comes in a light color. We've had mid-90s temps here in central Texas lately, and the dark "leather" seats in my F-150 Platinum have been miserably hot. It's made me think I would get cloth seats and possibly Wet Okole covers for the Bronco.

gshorn

Wildtrak
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was hoping for "military grade" instead. What a disappointment.

LOL J/K
I dont know 2 hours in a humvv and your ass was on fire, long convoys were just brutal. Many ended up ripping the seats out and putting in custom seats.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've seen this supposedly verified as cloth... now I have to agree looks maybe vinyl ? ..... I really am hoping this is either vinyl or they have a similar color pattern for the vinyl
There were closeups of it that looked like cloth.
Sponsored