peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As the time approaches, I am wondering if there will be a secondary market for factory wheels/tires. I ask because I would like a higher trim level to access certain features but will probably get aftermarket rims/tires for a more retro look. Thoughts?
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, there will be plenty of people like myself getting lower trim models that would want the wheels from a BL, etc.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking from my experience with Jeep... "take offs" (as they are known) have just a so-so market. I was able to eventually sell my stock jeep wheels, but not for a lot and with a lot of waiting.

There's a chance that if you have a higher trim wheel someone might want it, but I would not count on it.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought/ we should start a marketplace thread where people can discuss this even prior to delivery and like up some wheel sales if they are selling higher trim wheels/tires.

OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Speaking from my experience with Jeep... "take offs" (as they are known) have just a so-so market. I was able to eventually sell my stock jeep wheels, but not for a lot and with a lot of waiting.

There's a chance that if you have a higher trim wheel someone might want it, but I would not count on it.
Yeah I did the same with two of my jeeps and was conscious about getting the higher trim wheel/tire package figuring it would have better resale over the base. Was not sure if the same desire would be there among Bronco owners

Sponsored

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My last set of OEM take offs set so long, I put them on the curb for community junk day, where the service will take almost any set out. Scavengers had them within 15 minutes. Out of my life and garage. I would guess this will be the route taken with the Bronco OEMs.

Maybe a B6G Marketplace needs to be established for forum member trades and sales.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure there will be a market for take-offs. Personally, I'll be looking for a set of the gray/silver rings from the other Squatch wheels if I end up going Wildtrak over Badlands. Not a fan of the black ones there.

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will most likely want to ditch the sasquatch wheels in favor of aftermarket wheels.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely. Lower trim guys who don’t squatch will want BL/SQ wheels. I’d imagine there are quite a few ranger guys who would be interested in Squatch or badlands takeoffs

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Takeoffs are worth whatever you can get for them. I got a set of 5 new FJ wheels for $300 off Craigslist.

I’m actually hoping to trade squatch wheels for badlands + cash.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I bought these Ford 20" Sport wheels for $800 and they were someone's takeoffs. I'm going to be selling my sasquatch wheels almost immediately. There will definitely be a market.
Ford Bronco Market for stock OEM wheels / tires 20200926_091030-01

Coolbreeze704

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will want to find a set of Badland wheels/tires to purchase for my BD. Is there a thread that will show us max tire size per model. I would think the BL 285's will fit without mod

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can pretty pry the stock Badlands wheels from my cold dead hands. The bead lock capable wheels (you still have to buy the bead lock ring separately, and those aren't cheap from Ford) are too expensive and just not attractive.

I'll have a spare set of wheels with mud tires for any actual off-roading. Just can't decide if I want to do some cheap, sexy steelies or if I actually want some real bead lock wheels that actually look good.