Sponsored

Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD?

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just FYI, I've got a couple messages about this group-buy and I think it's a fantastic idea. I already have my own arrangements to fly-and-drive to KC for my Bronco so I can visit family out there, but it's cool to see how well this seems to be coming together.
Thanks! We will see how it works out, but it does look like e now have enough to Dealers interested that they will be making a public offering to the entire Bronco community.
Sponsored

HEMI_Shaker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challanger 392 Shaker (Sublime gree
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, we are trying to come up with a plan that's fair and doable for both sides. We also don't want (as an example) xxx discount for 20 Broncos and then 2 back out and 18 people don't know if they shoot back to MSRP or what. On the flip we don't want to make an offer and have half the people change up and then we get stuck. I wish it was simple, but the more I dig in the more I see potential problems on both sides. I know neither wants that to happen. We all want clear easy details that don't have a bunch of gray areas.
The way to solve this is to ask for a non refundable deposit. If the people still end up dropping out, you will have Broncos available for people walking onto the lot and can even charge MSRP on those models.

If someone can't pay a non refundable deposit, they weren't too serious about buying the vehicle.

False

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The way to solve this is to ask for a non refundable deposit. If the people still end up dropping out, you will have Broncos available for people walking onto the lot and can even charge MSRP on those models.

If someone can't pay a non refundable deposit, they weren't too serious about buying the vehicle.
I don’t like the idea of non-refundable deposits from the consumer stand point because if someone drops out on an order the dealer just got a Bronco on their lot that they CAN put ADMs on all they want for the saps that didn’t go through the preorder process.

Who really loses there? How would the dealer be harmed in such a way that they should require money down from the pre-purchase that should be forfeited?

Sponsored

STJonesin4

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/2022 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I don't think he's gotten around to updating that list.
Yeah - I should have kept my mouth shut - looks like it was just created today. DUH! Either way - Chesapeake Bronco Club sounds great to me.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the dealer can sell it for more than what we would pay, which I agree they can, why would they need a non-refundable deposit? I'm not willing to put down any additional monies for a car I've never seen or driven and for the aforementioned reason I don't think it's necessary. If I walk away the dealer will make more money, not just on that car that they couldn't even get yet, but also on the attention that car will bring.

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the dealer can sell it for more than what we would pay, which I agree they can, why would they need a non-refundable deposit? I'm not willing to put down any additional monies for a car I've never seen or driven and for the aforementioned reason I don't think it's necessary. If I walk away the dealer will make more money, not just on that car that they couldn't even get yet, but also on the attention that car will bring.
Agree 100%. I have no problem giving a refundable deposit for a vehicle I have seen and driven. At this point, I'm skeptical if we'll even see the paint colors in real life before ordering opens.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You talking about this cat..Andy Poxon

He is a great artist and the looks are deceiving ...

Reminded me of Harry Connick Jr when he came on the scene with his jazzy blues and jazz funk...

The sound did not match the face I was seeing but the talent was superb.
Yes Andy Poxon. Largest red afro I've ever seen but boy could he play :oops::oops:

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t like the idea of non-refundable deposits from the consumer stand point because if someone drops out on an order the dealer just got a Bronco on their lot that they CAN put ADMs on all they want for the saps that didn’t go through the preorder process.

Who really loses there? How would the dealer be harmed in such a way that they should require money down from the pre-purchase that should be forfeited?
As an individual whom works for a dealer, I agree with you 150%. Unless it's some exotic craziness someone wants to order. This is a Bronco, it's going to sell if someone backs out. Possibly to the advantage of the dealership.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As an individual whom works for a dealer, I agree with you 150%. Unless it's some exotic craziness someone wants to order. This is a Bronco, it's going to sell if someone backs out. Possibly to the advantage of the dealership.
Not to be an ass, but that kind of contradicts your other post about quantity pricing. The 20-2 =18 post.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to be an ass, but that kind of contradicts your other post about quantity pricing. The 20-2 =18 post.
You are not being an ass, you want clarification which I respect.
My post here is about taking additional non refundable funds from customers. Which I do not agree with. My other post was coming up with a pricing plan. We are not going to require added deposits. If a customer wants to place added funds to be used toward their purchase that is fine. Hope this clarified the difference.

Bronco20

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi everyone, Was on the Ford website last night to book my reservation and found this site while googling more info. So glad I found it!

Please add me to your list for a 4 door Outer Banks model.

Should I go ahead with my reservation at my local dealer first or wait for more info from dealers regarding the group buy here?