Sponsored

Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD?

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So for Xplan, are you saying the total discount is $300 or $1300? I'm definitely open to driving to WV for $1300 off w/ Xplan if so.
Same. It's definitely worth it
Sponsored

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea what the difference in price between "Invoice" and "MSRP" might be? Looking at a Base two door with automatic and 2.7L engine. Thanks.

As much as I want to purchase from my local dealer, if I'm saving enough to justify a flight and a road trip home, plus several unpaid days off, it's worth it.
It varies from vehicle-to-vehicle and manufacturer-to-manufacturer, but generally MSRP is thought to be around 3% higher than dealer invoice; lower for less expensive cars, higher for more expensive.

3.6% below MSRP is the number that many around here seem to use to eyeball an invoice price. For X-Plan pricing, an additional 0.4% can be reduced from invoice.

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So for Xplan, are you saying the total discount is $300 or $1300? I'm definitely open to driving to WV for $1300 off w/ Xplan if so.
It would be $1300 with X-Plan.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks, @perfectburrito , that's good information. Presuming the MSRP on a base with automatic and the 2.7L engine upgrade is $32,000, and invoice is 3% or $960 less AND a dealer such as Stephens Auto Center is offering invoice minus $1300 for X-Plan members, that results in a price of $29,740. If my math and logic are correct (math is not a strong suit), and I can save over $2000 by being part of a group purchase, it makes it worthwhile.

The above numbers do not include MD tax, tags, etc., just raw prices.

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What happen to that Nay-Nay girl? Does FORD have her now? Thought her dealership was looking to drop something today?
I did talk to @NayNay via in-mail yesterday. She said that it was unexpectedly delayed due to a key decision maker's being sick and still under review. @NayNay , anything to add?

Sponsored

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm hoping that a Maryland dealer will match, too. I appreciate John at Stephens' hard work, information, and offer, but it'd be nice to purchase in Maryland and not worry about getting to/from an out of state dealer, plus MD tax and tags.

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm hoping that a Maryland dealer will match, too. I appreciate John at Stephens' hard work, information, and offer, but it'd be nice to purchase in Maryland and not worry about getting to/from an out of state dealer, plus MD tax and tags.
Understood. @StephensAutoCenter, on your FAQs, could you explain how out of state purchases work for MD?

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am flexible and just want the best deal. I am all for the team concept. @Jerry's in Leesburg right now but open to use my 1 time switch to whatever dealer wants to compete for my business. It may even be as simple as sending me a Bronco Coffee Mug. LOL.

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

But it's a whole heck of a lot more appealing than 18 hours one way to Granger! (No offense Albert!)
Albert at @Granger Ford has been helpful through this process. A sign of great Dealer I think is a desire for the buyer to be happy, even if the sale ultimately goes to someone else. As I said in the edit yesterday I wish Ford could recognize this Dealer for doing a lot of heavy lifting for Ford and us future Bronco owners. My daughter lives a few hours from Granger, so I can tell you where I will send her when she is ready for her next car!

Last edited:

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Understood. @StephensAutoCenter, on your FAQs, could you explain how out of state purchases work for MD?
Out of State Customer Notes (more to come as questions arise):

If we finance the vehicle for the customer, we must collect out of State taxes.

If the customer seeks and finances on their own, the tax payment is up to the customer.

The customer may choose to setup payment prior to arrival, if so, they can also setup licensing and registration with their particular State.

If the customer doesn't pay in advance, or doesn't have plates assigned to the vehicle, we can issue a temp tag.

If the customer trades in a vehicle, and wants the plates transferred, they'll need to take care of the transfer upon returning to their home state.

/john

Sponsored

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the customer doesn't pay in advance, or doesn't have plates assigned to the vehicle, we can issue a temp tag.

If the customer trades in a vehicle, and wants the plates transferred, they'll need to take care of the transfer upon returning to their home state.

/john
Dumb questions since my last car purchase was in 2002: can one receive Maryland tags in advance of buying a new vehicle, or must the sale go through before obtaining tags? What is required besides year/make/model/VIN and, since Maryland loves to tax everything, the total sales price? Can one obtain personalized plates in advance? I am planning to keep my Escape forever so would not be transferring tags. Thanks!!

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Dumb questions since my last car purchase was in 2002: can one receive Maryland tags in advance of buying a new vehicle, or must the sale go through before obtaining tags? What is required besides year/make/model/VIN and, since Maryland loves to tax everything, the total sales price? Can one obtain personalized plates in advance? I am planning to keep my Escape forever so would not be transferring tags. Thanks!!
Not dumb at all. I wish I knew all the answers, but I too need to understand this. I will try and do some research this week for the group. I actually know someone that might be able to answer some of these questions. Tagging @StephensAutoCenter in case they already know this detail.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought a motorhome a few years ago out of state. I needed the VIN and Bill of Sale in order to get tags. I got all that before picking up the vehicle.

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I bought a motorhome a few years ago out of state. I needed the VIN and Bill of Sale in order to get tags. I got all that before picking up the vehicle.
Was there any sort of hassle / unexpected costs that the group would need to be aware of?

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks, that's great information.
Sponsored