Sponsored

Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD?

Rev

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Ford Raptor, 17 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First time putting a reserve on a vehicle. Nervous but excited

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which Koons? I heard from Koons of Annapolis that they are NOT affiliated with the other ones.
actually, after reviewing all the local ford dealers on yelp, there seem to be no good choices.

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You can bump me up to 100% committed to buying.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry if this has been brought up, but would it make sense to try to pick a dealer in the state with lower sales tax? Virginia is 5.3%. Maryland and Pennsylvania are 6%. Delaware is weird, it doesn't have sales tax but does charge tax on cars I think 4.25%

Sponsored

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if this has been brought up, but would it make sense to try to pick a dealer in the state with lower sales tax? Virginia is 5.3%. Maryland and Pennsylvania are 6%. Delaware is weird, it doesn't have sales tax but does charge tax on cars I think 4.25%
it typically doesn’t matter since out of state buyers won’t pay the tax of the state they’re buying it in; they’ll pay their state and/or local tax when they go to register it .

ontheborder

Wildtrak
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4, 2010 Veracruz, 2014 T. Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Count me in. I'm just across the PA line off of I83 north of Baltimore. I have a reservation at Gene Latta in Hanover, Pa (never dealt with them) but didn't see them on a no ADM list. Was thinking of switching to a Mounty Joy/ Columbia (?) dealer before end of October. I'll hold off for now. Ed

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

actually, after reviewing all the local ford dealers on yelp, there seem to be no good choices.
Personally I'm not worried about their sales and servce departments. As long as they can provide us with the best deal, most of us won't be seeing them after delivery. When we our going around to dealers, I would suggest showing them the Granger Deal ($1000 under invoice, $185 Doc Fee, $45 Transit tag or $1300 under invoice, $100 Doc fee, $45 Transit tag for qualifed X Plan). We are very fourtunate to have Grangers deal, (which I believe is extremely fair for both buyer and dealer). Lets use their deal to our benefit. Most dealers will want to be competive and if they know what the other guy is doing they'll be more willing to match their price. Especially if they know it will bring them 25 plus Bronco sales.

Last edited:

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi. X-plan is a Ford partners plan that reduces the markup. He can get it if you are a Bet through Vet advantage, joining the Mustang club of America, EAA, owning 100shares of Ford, etc.

ADM is the term of additional dealer mark-up. Some dealers tack thi on on top of MSRP for the privilege of buying a popular vehicle.

Hope this helps.
I'm told that there is no mark up. I m getting it at MSRP. Is that not good enough?

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm very loyal to Bob Davidson Ford in Parkville, MD. I've reserved a Big Bend through them, but will definitely be buying a Base. Given that I work a mile from the dealership and have had nothing but excellent service over the last 18 years, I'm all in with Bob Davidson even if the price is a few dollars more than from another dealer.

Sponsored

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything to this point captured in this post.

The "count" column is just for keeping track of how many orders each dealership has represented in our tracker.

deb

Black Diamond
First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Count me in too. Currently my reservation is at Sheehy in Springfield VA, but I plan on looking around for the best deal.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm told that there is no mark up. I m getting it at MSRP. Is that not good enough?
That's good that you're getting no markup! You can discount that even more with X-plan pricing (IF ford offers X-plan with the bronco and IF your dealer honors it)

jasonof2010

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata, Focus ST, GMC Sierra beater truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm very loyal to Bob Davidson Ford in Parkville, MD. I've reserved a Big Bend through them, but will definitely be buying a Base. Given that I work a mile from the dealership and have had nothing but excellent service over the last 18 years, I'm all in with Bob Davidson even if the price is a few dollars more than from another dealer.
I don't understand this mentality. Why be loyal to a car dealership? I've driven 2 hours out of my way for a lower price that I negotiated over email between several different dealers. Besides warranty work why go back to them since they are more expensive than a regular repair shop?

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fellow Marylanders,

To steal a page from the Texas Volume Buyers' Group, should we ban together and see if we can negotiate once and get the best deal once? Do we have any good negotiators in Maryland that would be willing to be the primary negotiator? Would there be enough of us to make it worthwhile?

I for one have a reservation with Koon's Ford of Annapolis. They have agreed to MSRP and X-Plan if Ford allows. That is not bad, but when I ask about other incentives, such as credit towards options or $1300 off of invoice, I get no response or responses that tell me that they are not seeing me as someone they need to compete for.

Since I am an easy sell, have a FE Reservation, I see the dealer having to do little to no work to get my money at a good margin.

WE WOULD NEED VOLUME TO GET A DEAL

Thoughts?

Hey, Im from the Texas buyers group, and the Dealership that we may be leaning toward offers free shipping in the US, just saying. Check out Sewell Ford Odessa, TX ask for Daniel
Sponsored