Sponsored

Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD?

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't understand this mentality. Why be loyal to a car dealership? I've driven 2 hours out of my way for a lower price that I negotiated over email between several different dealers. Besides warranty work why go back to them since they are more expensive than a regular repair shop?
My "full time" job is built on personal relationships. I've had some clients for over 30 years. Before buying my Escape, I had bad experiences with two dealers (Honda and Saturn). Bob Davidson has treated me with respect and I've never felt ripped off. I'm sure we will negotiate a good deal on the Bronco.
Sponsored

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand this mentality. Why be loyal to a car dealership? I've driven 2 hours out of my way for a lower price that I negotiated over email between several different dealers. Besides warranty work why go back to them since they are more expensive than a regular repair shop?
While I tend to agree with you, some people prefer to keep their cars dealership-maintained for the perceived resale advantage. Some like to have a good relationship for future vehicle or accessory purchases. Beyond that, why not reward a dealership that is dealing with you fairly and transparently by giving them 1st shot at your new purchase and/or recommending them to others?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, Im from the Texas buyers group, and the Dealership that we may be leaning toward offers free shipping in the US, just saying. Check out Sewell Ford Odessa, TX ask for Daniel
This is not true. We are not leaning towards any dealerships and have not even begun our dealership selection/evaluation process yet. We have only taken some suggestions from members and have added them to our list of dealers to be considered. Rumors like these only hurt our negotiating position and take away some of our leverage.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is not true. We are not leaning towards any dealerships and have not even begun our dealership selection/evaluation process yet. We have only taken some suggestions from members and have added them to our list of dealers to be considered. Rumors like these only hurt our negotiating position and take away some of our leverage.
Yup, my bad. It was more of a feeling and not a rumor ;-) after communicating with Musicguyusa, and Foordbrawnco. I have actually talked to the dealership myself and they seem very up front and as transparent as Granger Ford is too, but will wait for the final nomination since we have until 10/31 to change our reservation dealership. I only chimed in, because of the FREE delivery anywhere in the US since they are in the east. I know Granger is/would charge you for delivery.

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey, Im from the Texas buyers group, and the Dealership that we may be leaning toward offers free shipping in the US, just saying. Check out Sewell Ford Odessa, TX ask for Daniel
Have they given you any sense of what the offer will be?

Sponsored
OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm told that there is no mark up. I m getting it at MSRP. Is that not good enough?
No. MSRP will be the price on the sticker. X-Plan, if offered, will get you below MSRP. Other dealerships in other regions are offering to sell at invoice LESS some amount. We would like to get to below invoice. Depending on your model, this could get you several thousand dollars in savings.

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m 100% buying a 2dr badlands using my reservation placed on 7/19. I have a written offer from gm of Koons Falls Church for $1000 under invoice. Count me in as a definite buyer, and hopefully we can get a better offer as a group. Thank you.
Is there a name we should be talking to there? Ultimately we would like to get several dealers competing for our collective business, but this is a GREAT starting point if the GM would extend that in writing to the group, or maybe even do better if they knew it would mean as many as 40 orders (or more!).

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have they given you any sense of what the offer will be?
Not yet, Im letting the group deal with negotiations. All I felt was honesty and a willingness to look at what Granger Ford and Laura Ford were going to do. The main benefit for your group was the free shipping anywhere in the US, which could save you some money. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry if this has been brought up, but would it make sense to try to pick a dealer in the state with lower sales tax? Virginia is 5.3%. Maryland and Pennsylvania are 6%. Delaware is weird, it doesn't have sales tax but does charge tax on cars I think 4.25%
Sales tax will be collected by the state you register your vehicle in, so there is no advantage to picking a state with a lower tax rate. It is important that we pick a dealer that is familiar with inter-state sales so this is correctly handled. :)

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm very loyal to Bob Davidson Ford in Parkville, MD. I've reserved a Big Bend through them, but will definitely be buying a Base. Given that I work a mile from the dealership and have had nothing but excellent service over the last 18 years, I'm all in with Bob Davidson even if the price is a few dollars more than from another dealer.
If you like your dealer and it is worth it to you to pay a thousand or more for that continued relationship, I won't argue with your decision. Customer Service and trust are important when making a big purchase. If you would not mind a question, when we get a bit closer, do you think the dealer would be open to offering a group purchase?

Sponsored
OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you for the clarification. Agree. There is a power in keeping the rumor mill shutdown and not hitting every dealer before we know what we are offering them (As tempted as I am to call my dealer and say what we are doing).

Lucky for us @perfectburrito has really taken a leadership role for us and so I am being patient because he is rocking the right now!

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

First time putting a reserve on a vehicle. Nervous but excited
I have bought a lot of cars BUT I never have made a reservation, bought the first year, or bought a "Special" edition. So, I am with you on the mix of excitement and nervousness! Regardless, I am "Damm the Torpedos! Full speed ahead!" on this adventure!! :D

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for adding me, for more detail on my reservation its a 2 door. Also please leave me tentative until I see how this semester goes with my kid, the wife may have to stop working if my school district stays remote learning in the spring.
Hang in there! Times are strange and I hope that it all works out. :)

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there a name we should be talking to there? Ultimately we would like to get several dealers competing for our collective business, but this is a GREAT starting point if the GM would extend that in writing to the group, or maybe even do better if they knew it would mean as many as 40 orders (or more!).
I have a two door black diamond reservation with Koons Falls Church. The emails I’ve gotten are from Ali Zaka. He’s the gm there. The initial emails I got ended up in my junk mail folder. If you have a reservation there and haven’t heard from them check your spam folder. Here’s Ali’s contact info. I didn’t ask him about matching Grangers pricing when I emailed him.

Ali Zaka
General Manager

Koons Falls Church Ford
1051 E Broad St.
Falls Church, VA. 22044

Office: 703.241.7200
[email protected]
https://www.koonsfordfallschurch.com
Sponsored