Sponsored

Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD?

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was there any sort of hassle / unexpected costs that the group would need to be aware of?
The only iffy thing is, the entire transaction was completed via email and electronic transfer. Some folks might have an issue completing the transaction before actually seeing the vehicle. That was the only way I could get my tags beforehand... No unexpected costs
Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Was there any sort of hassle / unexpected costs that the group would need to be aware of?
I bought my Wrangler from Stephens Auto back in 2008. We did everything over the phone and my father in-law drove it to NC for me. I believe it had temp tag and I did all that once it arrived in Charlotte. I do not remember anything difficult or cumbersome about the process.

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just for a bit of clarification:

I have had several conversations in the last 24 hours or so where I found out that a few people didn't realize the major price difference between MSRP and Invoice. MSRP is higher than Invoice for various reasons. By offering $1000 or $1300 BELOW INVOICE, we could be THOUSANDS below MSRP.

We wanted to clarify this, because some dealers are offering "MSRP" or MSRP with a bump. We and Granger are offering $1000 to $1300 BELOW Invoice. Again, potentially thousands of dollars below MSRP.

/john

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have had several conversations in the last 24 hours or so where I found out that a few people didn't realize the major price difference between MSRP and Invoice. MSRP is higher than Invoice for various reasons. By offering $1000 or $1300 BELOW INVOICE, we could be THOUSANDS below MSRP.

We wanted to clarify this, because some dealers are offering "MSRP" or MSRP with a bump. We and Granger are offering $1000 to $1300 BELOW Invoice. Again, potentially thousands of dollars below MSRP.

/john
So, just to be clear... You aren't charging extra for the MSRP with a Bump?

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

/john
Thanks John! Another user, @North7 but together a pretty good analysis. Based on what is known, this will give you all a good look at the savings potential.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...vs-invoice-and-below-invoice.2319/#post-72159

Also, there are flights from BWI to Yeager that will run you just south of $200 based on pricing yesterday. It is about 400 miles to drive it back (six hours without trying the Bronco out on a few trails in WV). This is about $220 in mileage costs (IRS $.55 per mile). This is variable based on where you live, obviously. So for budgeting purposes, you will spend about $450 to bring it home. @StephensAutoCenter will also ship it to you, but I do not yet know those costs.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

kf9

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
j
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Talked to Koons ford in Fairfax where my reservation is. They said they are aggressive in pricing when I brought up the 1000 below invoice, and are "going to work with me". I liked the guy I talked too, seems good nature.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Albert at @Granger Ford has been helpful through this process. A sign of great Dealer I think is a desire for the buyer to be happy, even if the sale ultimately goes to someone else. As I said in the edit yesterday I wish Ford could recognize this Dealer for doing a lot of heavy lifting for Ford and us future Bronco owners. My daughter lives a few hours from Granger, so I can tell you where I will send her when she is ready for her next car!
I appreciate that...

I have spoken with the General Manager (Chase) of the store and pm'd John they are a class act and in my opinion will take exceptional care of the East coast business... (y)

Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I appreciate that...

I have spoken with the General Manager (Chase) of the store and pm'd John they are a class act and in my opinion will take exceptional care of the East coast business... (y)
Now that an alliance is formed, can Stephens get in on that #gotitat... badge? I would like to have that :D

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that an alliance is formed, can Stephens get in on that #gotitat... badge? I would like to have that :D
Absolutely we are not greedy and @elmystico is to credit for them...he is doing some work on the Bronco Sport side for them as well...

He sells somer designs on Zazzle..

JackBNimble

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Trail Teams Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm interested. Firm Buyer -4D Wildtrak. Current dealer is Koons in Sterling VA. No connection to the dealership at this time.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Got It At Granger" is conveniently catchy and concise. Do they have some similar short-ish saying selling Stephens? How about, "Snagged It At Stephens"? ? And do you want the same design, just with the tweaked Stephens wording?

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

"Got It At Granger" is conveniently catchy and concise. Do they have some similar short-ish saying selling Stephens? How about, "Snagged It At Stephens"? ? And do you want the same design, just with the tweaked Stephens wording?

Sounds great!

/john
Sponsored