Sponsored

Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD?

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

First of all, I want to thank @rcbickle and @perfectburrito and the rest of the negotiation committee. Yall are doing the rest of us a huge favor. I was just thinking, which is usually a bad idea haha. But as we get more pricing from more dealers how does that effect the "Group Buy"? I think there's probably a point for most of us where the distance/savings isn't worth the trip. How will the split to more local options effect the group leverage?
Thanks
We continue to pursue other dealers and we have reached out to a lot of dealers in the last few weeks. We have gotten a very small amount of dealers saying they would look at it, but no commitments as of yet. In checking with the other groups, this appears to be the case in general. Ford Dealerships overall, with the exception of the ones we know of, seem to have aligned around the concept of not taking reservations from other dealers and "spreading the peanut butter."
We have NOT GIVEN UP. And we will continue to push until the second week of October, but time is running out and we may have the best offers we are going to get as a group on the table now, so I don't want to deceive or give out false hope. We are also open to new ideas if anyone has any.
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'm still hoping the Leonardtown changes their mind and gets closer to the Granger/Stephans deal.

if i have to pickup a vehicle in WV, my wife won't be able to follow me home
on the 'scenic' route in the golf R ;)

HEMI_Shaker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challanger 392 Shaker (Sublime gree
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WV is out for me. I would need to kennel 3 dogs and get a hotel and run 2 cars both ways. No way i can drive 6 hours each way in one day. I am looking to change to Leonardtown and hope they sweeten the deal. However if Apple Ford in Columbia matches Granger i will go there as its only 25 to 30 minutes away.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WV is out for me. I would need to kennel 3 dogs and get a hotel and run 2 cars both ways. No way i can drive 6 hours each way in one day. I am looking to change to Leonardtown and hope they sweeten the deal. However if Apple Ford in Columbia matches Granger i will go there as its only 25 to 30 minutes away.
I've been chatting with a rep from Apple, told him to check out this forum. We will see what happens.

ontheborder

Wildtrak
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4, 2010 Veracruz, 2014 T. Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I live north of Baltimore -- just over the MD line in PA off of 83. BWI is my airport. Fly from BWI to Chuck Yeager airport in Charleston. You connect in Charlotte and take a puddle jumper back to Chuck Yeager. You take a 30 minute Uber ride from Charleston down to Stephens. Least that's how I would probably do it. Come in the night before, stay at a local hotel, and Uber down in the morning.

Reactions: CFC

Sponsored

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although the final prices are not in, what we know as of today is that X-Plan is a better deal for us than the Leonardtown offer EXCEPT for Base Models. Even with travel costs, the best deal we have as a group at the moment is @StephensAutoCenter for ALL models except Base. The best Base model is Laura Ford in MO, but the separation in costs is not necessarily worth the extra distance.

Ultimately, it is your decision, but I hope this helps.
@rcbickle and @perfectburrito are the guys, man! Thanks for all you guys are doing.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

.....Fly
.... Uber
That's my dilemma..... getting to an out-of area-dealer for pick-up.
A one-way car rental may be the most cost effective method if public transportation is not an option.

award1492

Black Diamond
First Name
Nalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First of all, I want to thank @rcbickle and @perfectburrito and the rest of the negotiation committee. Yall are doing the rest of us a huge favor. I was just thinking, which is usually a bad idea haha. But as we get more pricing from more dealers how does that effect the "Group Buy"? I think there's probably a point for most of us where the distance/savings isn't worth the trip. How will the split to more local options effect the group leverage?
Thanks
Agreed, @rcbickle and @perfectburrito have been GOLD for us all. I do like the 2nd week of October decision plan. I remain solid with this group buy effort.
I get the distance to WVA is a challenge for most of us. However, Stephens Automotive (Leonardtown too) has been upfront and engaged with us while the big chain dealerships have not felt the need to commit to a group buy deal. We are saving $$ with these two deals. I guess we’ll all know what we are doing in the next couple weeks.

For me, worst case scenario we have an epic WVA road trip & story for buying our 2021 Bronco. There are some amazing WVA state parks we can visit heading home.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am planning to buy at Leonardtown Ford. @NayNay has been very responsive, answering all the dumb questions I've asked her, and transparent. Apple Ford in Columbia is closer, but I want to buy where I feel appreciated and respected. That's priceless.

ontheborder

Wildtrak
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4, 2010 Veracruz, 2014 T. Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's my dilemma..... getting to an out-of area-dealer for pick-up.
A one-way car rental may be the most cost effective method if public transportation is not an option.
One way drop offs of rental cars are expensive usually an added fee of $250 or more. For less than that cost alone I could fly from BWI to CRW and take an Uber to Stephens.

Sponsored

Bccarlin

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
One way drop offs of rental cars are expensive usually an added fee of $250 or more. For less than that cost alone I could fly from BWI to CRW and take an Uber to Stephens.
I was also shopping one way rentals, but from NY. Rates were between 100 to 200 per day. No added fee. Check Enterprise. They had the best rates from my area?

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

IIRC, someone said Uber isn't available from the airport to Stephans

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As long as my mustang is still running I'm gonna make the 5.5hr drive from Columbia to Stephens and trade it in. Might take a week off of work and see what trails I can hit / go camping while I'm there. At this point I'm pretty much sold on the idea.

The only thing that would get me to switch would be a 100% match from a dealer within 30min. Even if Leonardtown matched, that would still be a road trip for me and tbh I'd rather go roadin to WV than southern MD.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was also shopping one way rentals, but from NY. Rates were between 100 to 200 per day. No added fee. Check Enterprise. They had the best rates from my area?
It's not as sweet as Stephens out of the gate, but Leonardtown's 3% off MSRP also includes delivery to your driveway for no additional cost.
Sponsored