First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree, I feel he got lucky and the punishment he received was fair for his crime. Pay it back, pay a fine, do your probation, and the misdemeanor will clear in a few years and he hopefully learns his lesson.

I just worked a small portion of a gang and firearms case, involving prohibited persons in possession, evading arrest with a vehicle chase, etc... When I opened it up today it status was "Rejected by DA".

Lesson is, if a "normie" messes up you can bet that a lot of DAs will try to completely destroy their life, while at the same time letting real criminals go easy.

GunninGopher

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 OBX 4Door (wife's), 07 Silverado 2500 LTZ 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Morrvair is the bitchenist truck I've ever seen. That thing looks so sweet.

No doubt MORR did something wrong. I put most of it on the a-hole customer that was trying to pull a fast one with AAA. Used his buddies AAA membership to tow out a RZR. I'm surprised Matt even when for it. He doesn't need to make money on all his recoveries. The YT channel is a hit. I'm glad he didn't get hurt to bad over it. I doubt it will hurt his businesses. I was wondering if he had to do some time since he's been off the channel for weeks.

Cool people. Interesting challenges. Great skills. Awesome scenery. A little bit of "I don't want to be that guy" reminders. The channel is definitely worth a sub for anyone that wheels.

Winger57

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LibertyDiesel,F450,88Ranger, 80Pinto, 65GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure, we haven't seen Matt for a while.
Noooooooo! I binged watched this channel over christmas. Seems innocent. Friend loans you his AAA card and you find out you have to bend the truth a bit… Matt and his gang just dont seem like malicious crooks.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meanwhile... back on topic.... It was actually a nice recovery. We all know the tie-rod is a weak link and they even mentioned it on the ride out saying the parts are back ordered. Thus, you can't carry an extra while out wheeling. It was a great field recovery from wiring up to vehicles in series to generate 24 volts for the welder to the actual slip collar design over the broken tie rod. That's the kinda guy you want around when you are stuck...
I think Litebrite has a good approach too (carrying the proper wrench and pre-installing a hose clamp where the factory clamp was) BUT,,, they were able to get extra tie rods to carry with them. Good news is this is less than a 1 hr fix on the trail, given forethought and planning. About what it takes to change a tire on a BMW GSA... Something that is inevitable and something to expect...but not something to discourage you from getting out and riding...

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, I had no idea there were less expensive options. I’ll grab these as I don’t feel like shelling out $400
WOW, The Busters are $400!!??

Sponsored

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone heard of anyone snapping a tie rod using one of those braces/sleeves or does that seem to mainly solve the issue?

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can we please start to admit that this is a legitimate problem and Ford should have beefed these up?
Ford is doing so, all you have to do is upgrade to the Bronco Raptor!
If not...
Ford Bronco Matt’s Offroad Recovery rescues a Bronco by welding tie rods on the trail! 1649355818933