First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wish Ford had offered a cool retro looking color like this. I went with A51 but if this had been available, my choice would be different. Because you have the experience and are supplying the labor and installation at only materials cost makes complete sense, even if it is only on for a few years. My situation is different. I can't justify the several thousand dollar cost and upkeep of a wrap that I'm going to have to replace anyway, no matter how cool and unique. Good luck with the wrap and please post pictures of the completed job! Maybe you will convince me otherwise. Lol.
We were going to do A51 as well. The press colors of it with the white top are flat out sexy. But when dealer said most of the orders are A51 & Orange and the fact we couldnā€™t order the white top, we went the wrap route. I had no intentions of wrapping. I really wanted to leave it alone and instead PPF the whole thing. But wrapping won out. Our Bronco will be a garage queen. Wifey and I both have work vehicles. SoThai will be parked inside out of the elements. Wraps outside are what shorten the life of them. Along with not washing it to get the everyday environmental contaminants off it. Knowing me Iā€™ll change the color in a couple years anyway.

if you want o save money on your wrap.Buy the film directly from MetroRestyling.com. A roll is about $560. Thatā€™s what I pay as well. This way you only have to pay for labor. Because when you take it into a wrap shop, they markup the vinyl. Thatā€™s where the high prices are. DM me and Iā€™ll tell ya have to save a few grand getting your baby wrapped.

Iā€™ll for sure post pics. Maybe even do some during it as well.
Sponsored

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ā€˜21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think it looks pretty good. I've had this type of "translucent" wrap done to some sports cars I've owned. You can change the color entirely to a matte-ish color, as here, or you can do one that is neutral and has the effect of making your original color look matte. To me, this is most effective when the body shape is interesting/curvy/voluptuous because it eliminates reflections that distract from the shape of the body (e.g., put this type of finish on a wide-fender turbo or GT3 911 and its just killer). The Bronco shape is interesting enough to pull this off. I'm just not sure anymore its worth the cost to me.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Was I talking about green; or was I talking about matte colors, like the one above, that look like they drove right out of a military base? Pretty basic...
no, you were talking about colors because you literally said, "My guess is, most of the folks who want COLORS like this..." you didn't reference matte, gloss or anything like that. then you got mil-bro hardo about it.

and my response was that some people like green because they like green, not because they are either military wannabes or vets who "couldn't get enough" which were the two choices you threw against the wall

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no, you were talking about colors because you literally said, "My guess is, most of the folks who want COLORS like this..." you didn't reference matte, gloss or anything like that. then you got mil-bro hardo about it.

and my response was that some people like green because they like green, not because they are either military wannabes or vets who "couldn't get enough" which were the two choices you threw against the wall
~yawn

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the color choice. Wheels are a bit too big and that damn soft top doesn't look good either. But I'd still be happy to own that as is. To me it at least looks better exactly how it is now over stock wheels/tires or a regular color Bronco.

Sponsored

vesuvan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I canā€™t wait to wrap mine. I already have the vinyl. Itā€™ll be wrapped, literally within hours of taking delivery. Weā€™re doing Gloss Light Pistachio. It looks exactly like the name says. Itā€™s a pastel green. Very old school look. We ordered our Bronco in black, strictly to wrap it. Never had any intention to keep the factory color. Wifey and I both liked the or sage and A51, but when dealer said most orders are those two colors we decided to wrap it. We donā€™t want to be like everyone elseblack is the easier color to wrap.

my our next questionā€¦ priceā€¦.
As for what Iā€™m paying?? The vinyl was $560 and the labor is freeā€¦.itā€™s what I do for a a living. šŸ˜‰ Iā€™m a 3M, Avery and Arlon Certified installer. Yea, the jams will be wrapped, with the doors off itā€™s easy. Once jams are installed, Iā€™ll do a layer of PPF to protect the wrap when we get in and out of it. Iā€™m not doing PPF over the entire Bronco. We change colors on our cars too often. It would be a waste of money for me. Even at my cost.

Pictures always suck to show true color. But this will give you an idea of what Gloss Light Pistachio looks like. Canā€™t wait. Itā€™s going to look awesome!
AE3359F9-CEFD-4A81-B55C-2063723F21D4.jpeg
Hey nice wrap! Will want pics for sure. I am planning on getting my FE wrapped + ppf as soon as I take possession. How does one assess if the dealership has enough experience to do the job? Have any recommendations for installers in Western Maryland/Western Virginia/ Southern Pennsylvania region?

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey nice wrap! Will want pics for sure. I am planning on getting my FE wrapped + ppf as soon as I take possession. How does one assess if the dealership has enough experience to do the job? Have any recommendations for installers in Western Maryland/Western Virginia/ Southern Pennsylvania region?
I wouldnā€™t trust a dealer with a wrap install or PPF install. All theyā€™ll do is call a local shop and markup their rate. Youā€™ll have no idea who it is thatā€™s installing it. So any issues you wonā€™t have anywhere to take it to or call. My buddy Adam Blackman is West of Philadelphia, PA. He use to be totally mobile like me, but I believe he might have a shop now. I havenā€™t talked to him in a couple years. Iā€™ve flown back East a couple times and have personally installed wraps with him and can stand behind his work. (Heā€™s also a current Raptor owner and I believe has a Bronco on order) Look up @ApplyYourBrand on Instagram to take a look at his stuff and reach out to him.

vesuvan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wouldnā€™t trust a dealer with a wrap install or PPF install. All theyā€™ll do is call a local shop and markup their rate. Youā€™ll have no idea who it is thatā€™s installing it. So any issues you wonā€™t have anywhere to take it to or call. My buddy Adam Blackman is West of Philadelphia, PA. He use to be totally mobile like me, but I believe he might have a shop now. I havenā€™t talked to him in a couple years. Iā€™ve flown back East a couple times and have personally installed wraps with him and can stand behind his work. (Heā€™s also a current Raptor owner and I believe has a Bronco on order) Look up @ApplyYourBrand on Instagram to take a look at his stuff and reach out to him.
Will do- thanks! Enjoy your pistachio dream :)

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Okay? Cool.

Trying to imagine how Americans would react to an actual warzone on US soil. We struggle, as a people, to come to grips with things such as toilet paper or somebody having $5 more than somebody else. I'm sure you would cause quite the civil war as the streets emptied into a cesspool of entitlement and small arms fire. Freedom literally pouring from the skies and eagles cawing at 140 decibels in stereo.
Dude, it's a wrap. On a Bronco. Not a call to arms or a live reenactment of the classic Red Dawn. It may be played out as a color scheme, but it's still just a wrap.
Sponsored