Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Never watched one of these before, neat. The best part is seeing what a stock OBX can do if driven by a knowledgeable driver.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went out to those Sand Hollow dunes in my 4dr Badlands, but my kid was at a soccer event and I was by myself, too chicken to venture deep into the sand without other vehicles or recovery gear.

I always wondered - what do you think Matt charges for a recovery like that Bronco in the dunes?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The OBX tires looked hard! Air down and throttle up! keep yourself out of trouble.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Story checks out. :LOL:
  • Moar Door
  • OBX
  • Spare tire cover

All kidding aside, that's gotta be a scary place to get stuck. Glad they made it out safely.

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I always wondered - what do you think Matt charges for a recovery like that Bronco in the dunes?
The closest he's stated on video is that it varies wildly by the amount of effort, vehicles, personnel, etc. His videos show him frequently adding easy pulls to his day for free after the job is done. I would imagine a big job being potentially thousands, if he's got to pull everything/everyone out for it.

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My first thought was did they drop the air in the tires? They looked to be at road air but tough to tell.

Last edited:

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Title should read "OBX leaves mall parking lot and regrets it."

Kidding, kidding... Just having some fun!

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went out to those Sand Hollow dunes in my 4dr Badlands, but my kid was at a soccer event and I was by myself, too chicken to venture deep into the sand without other vehicles or recovery gear.

Not sure about Matt but many years ago I got stuck late at night. No way to get myself free, girlfriend was irritated. I called an offroad recovery company.
It was something like $500 for the tow. Off hours, and far away probably played a role in the cost.
I've met a few guys who do it and they all make a pretty decent paycheck doing it. They also have high risk with potential damage to their trucks, and injury. Plus the issue of meeting complete strangers in the middle of nowhere.

Always worth investing in self recovery gear to avoid that cost. But know a phone number to call if you end up not being able to free yourself, it happens.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The closest he's stated on video is that it varies wildly by the amount of effort, vehicles, personnel, etc. His videos show him frequently adding easy pulls to his day for free after the job is done. I would imagine a big job being potentially thousands, if he's got to pull everything/everyone out for it.
Agree...having watched most of his videos you get a sense that over time he is giving away freebie tows more and more often, probably because he is happy to be using them for content, and with getting a million views per video he is making way more from that then the tow itself.
Sponsored