Sponsored

Maverick Pickup nearly fully revealed!

Deleted member 3063

I do not hate the styling or looks for what will probably be a very nice riding truck. If it can haul and tow even close to our broncos or at least more towing in the 4-5k range this will sell a lot I think.
Heck the Escape is rated at 3,500# with the 2.0L so you may be right. If Ford puts the 2.3L from the Corsair under the hood it would be nice, doubt they will though.
Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It looks to be a subaru baja competitor.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Why are we comparing this to the old Ranger? Old Ranger had body on frame construction, rear wheel drive and a solid rear axle. This is more apt to be compared to the Escape.

I canā€™t see any consumer of the old Ranger giving 2 thoughts to this. Possibly fleets, but not general consumers of small trucks. I say that as someone that has a 99 Frontier which is slightly bigger than the old Ranger and as someone that had the 80s GM mini trucks.
My brother-in-law would like to disagree with you. He drove a 2nd gen ranger and hates how much bigger the new rangers are. He is definitely interested in getting a maverick. I think there are a lot of people who think the same thing, especially those who live in cities.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
My brother-in-law would like to disagree with you. He drove a 2nd gen ranger and hates how much bigger the new rangers are. He is definitely interested in getting a maverick. I think there are a lot of people who think the same thing, especially those who live in cities.
While I agree the new Ranger is ridiculous odd in design that makes it unnecessarily large - I canā€™t imagine how the Maverick could bring anyone back to the Ranger.

Itā€™s still much larger than the 2nd Gen Ranger. It does not have the simplicity that the Ranger was known for, itā€™s not as cheap for similar capability. Your stuck with two undersized turbo engines as the only engine options. Thereā€™s good reasons trucks donā€™t have IRS.

When the Ranger left the market Ford famously quipped that those customers would be better served with a fiesta or focus. Now theyā€™ve gone full circle and want to offer that focus with a bed. Itā€™s a double slap in the face.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I SO wish theyā€™d rerelease the old Courier Sasquatch ... Iā€™d be all over that. New tech but with the old style... loved those little trucks.

Sponsored

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call me old but that ainā€™t no Ford Maverick. A maverick is a car. Always has been. Ford getting all PC like GM calling their new ā€œblazerā€ a car so Ford calls their Maverick a truck? Self identification issues I presume? Letā€™s build a monster truck very similar to Bigfoot and weā€™ll call it a mustang shall we?
That truck looks like dogturds

are we certain this is a US vehicle and not a Mexican truck to compete in mex/Brazil vs GMs crap truck in foreign market?

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Call me old but that ainā€™t no Ford Maverick. A maverick is a car. Always has been. Ford getting all PC like GM calling their new ā€œblazerā€ a car so Ford calls their Maverick a truck? Self identification issues I presume? Letā€™s build a monster truck very similar to Bigfoot and weā€™ll call it a mustang shall we?
I see where you are coming from, but the maverick doesn't exactly have a huge nostalgia to the "brand", so they chose to use it on a small city truck. I also don't see where being PC has anything to do with the name of the blazer or the maverick. Sure, if we want to discuss the cherokee, then yeah, PC is part of the discussion.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see where you are coming from, but the maverick doesn't exactly have a huge nostalgia to the "brand", so they chose to use it on a small city truck. I also don't see where being PC has anything to do with the name of the blazer or the maverick. Sure, if we want to discuss the cherokee, then yeah, PC is part of the discussion.
No I agree, maverick wasnā€™t exactly synonyms with Ford but I know about it. A teenerager or a woman doesnā€™t lol. I think this is a foreign truck. Made in and for Mexico/Brazil

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gmauth...ier-pickup-truck-coming-to-north-america/amp/

ahhh nvm Mav is 4dr. Idk? Ranger should fill the gap. If needing something smaller a shoebox car will fit the bill

Sponsored

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People really missing the point of this thing. Trucks have gotten very expensive to the average consumer. Most suburban truck shoppers that want a bed to throw mulch in and take debris to the dump donā€™t need or want an F-150 sized truck that costs $50k. Even comparing to the ridgeline is wrong. That is a $35k-$42k pickup. Most people even with full sized pickups donā€™t go off road. The maverick just needs to be able to handle dirt roads and poor driving conditions.

Consider the price point Ford is going for here. Rumors are this truck will start under $20k which means there really wonā€™t be anything else like it. I think they will sell very well. There is a huge thirst for pickup trucks and if a decently optioned maverick is around $25k new they will sell a ton.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
People really missing the point of this thing. Trucks have gotten very expensive to the average consumer. Most suburban truck shoppers that want a bed to throw mulch in and take debris to the dump donā€™t need or want an F-150 sized truck that costs $50k. Even comparing to the ridgeline is wrong. That is a $35k-$42k pickup. Most people even with full sized pickups donā€™t go off road. The maverick just needs to be able to handle dirt roads and poor driving conditions.

Consider the price point Ford is going for here. Rumors are this truck will start under $20k which means there really wonā€™t be anything else like it. I think they will sell very well. There is a huge thirst for pickup trucks and if a decently optioned maverick is around $25k new they will sell a ton.
Last year you could buy a new Frontier for less than $20k. Weak and outdated but a true truck frame with a well tested and extremely reliable and simple drivetrain.

Wasnā€™t enough consumers for it to stay. Iā€™m not sure how a Escape with a 1.5L and a bed is suppose to do what that Frontier couldnā€™t. It certainly wonā€™t last as long drivetrain wise.

The maverick is car based, has a smaller more complicated engine, stuck with IRS and they still want the same amount of money as that Frontier?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Maverick will sell well, not everyone needs a huge payload. My Courier, similar to the ones below, was plenty for what I needed to haul, remember, the Courier was BOF.

I bought mind at the end of its life, with no engine or trans in it. I cut it up and made a trailer out of it.

1973-Ford-Courier-IMG_0747-1-.jpg

1267383.jpg

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

are we certain this is a US vehicle and not a Mexican truck to compete in mex/Brazil vs GMs crap truck in foreign market?
@MaverickMan what do you think of this thing?
Sponsored