Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Leaving this here-

https://www.tfltruck.com/2020/04/le...-the-next-ford-ranger-or-bronco-based-pickup/

Leaked: 2022 Ford Maverick Truck? Could This Be the Next Ford Ranger or Bronco-Based Pickup?
April 30, 2020

What can this be? A 2022 Ford Maverick pickup truck? Here is an exclusive look at a 3-d model of a tailgate with large MAVERICK stamped into it. TFLtruck received this model from an anonymous source with insider knowledge.

Ford Maverick
The source says the the dimensions of this tailgate match a truck like the current midsize Ford Ranger. The source calls this future truck a “baby version of the Ford Raptor”.

Ford Bronco Maverick Pickup Tailgate Leaked in CAD Image, Possibly Bronco Sport-Based 2022-ford-maverick-ranger-bronco-thumb-1024x614
2022 Ford Maverick
If the dimensions of this tailgate are on the smaller size, it rules out the new 2021 F-150. The Maverick could be a special off-road trim for the Ford Ranger, but it could also be a whole new pickup truck that is based on the Ford Bronco or the Bronco Sport platforms. It can also be a version of what is rumored to be the next Ford Courier mini-truck.

In any case, this tailgate image shows a large oval logo in the center with a cutout for what is likely to be a rear-view camera. Also the top of the tailgate shows several cuts and creases that may be hiding a tailgate step or an extra folding section.
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited:

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From what I've read, it sounds like more of a delivery/work truck than anything. Not sure how excited I'd get about it. Think Transit Connect pick up truck.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
From what I've read, it sounds like more of a delivery/work truck than anything. Not sure how excited I'd get about it. Think Transit Connect pick up truck.
dealers at the meeting stated it looked like a proper truck. And as small as the old school ranger (second gen)
And should still have a 1500lb payload and 3000lb towing. More than enough for a little truck. Similar to that ranger as well.

Sponsored

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
dealers at the meeting stated it looked like a proper truck. And as small as the old school ranger (second gen)
And should still have a 1500lb payload and 3000lb towing. More than enough for a little truck. Similar to that ranger as well.
This is what Chrispy had to say about the Courier. Now remains to be seen if the Maverick is a version of the Courier or something different entirely

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Alot of people still use work trucks and honestly everything out there now is either too fancy to work out of or has too high of bed rails to get into. My comanche is 4wd and lifted 3 inches and at 6 ft tall with a belly andi can reach over the bed rail put both palms flat on the bed. Cant do that in any ranger or f150 or colorado or taco. Maybe the nissan but thats not far from a redesign. For the self employed handymen, landscapers, parts runners, for surfers, dirtbikers, and a whole lot of other small jobs people, not to mention global market workers. They all need a truck that can haul, get good mileage, and be easy to work out of all day, especially if it starts at 20,000 and tops out under 30,000. The only small trucks now are vans and nobody wants to load 20 fertilizer bags in their van.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is what Chrispy had to say about the Courier. Now remains to be seen if the Maverick is a version of the Courier or something different entirely
I used to(5 years ago) have 92 ranger with a 4.0 manual regular cab shortbed 8.8 rear. Sure i had to get in a certain way being 6ft 300lbs but i did it every day without complaint. Got 22mpg highway, and could smoke the tires in every gear except overdrive. I even did a 1800 mile roadtrip in it with a buddy one winter to go to the ocean for a day one winter. Wasnt bad at all. It was perfect for my 23 min daily drive. And when i needed to pick up a engine block or clear brush from my sisters house it fit everything i needed. The 91 comanche i got it about 5% bigger than it was and i drive it 4 days a week hauling coconuts and compost. On trash day i can squeeze 9 brute trash cans in the bed to haul to the road. 6 ft bed 2000lb payload on a dana 44 axle. If you put a good axle under a small truck people can get real work done and not break the bank or the gas pump.

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to(5 years ago) have 92 ranger with a 4.0 manual regular cab shortbed 8.8 rear. Sure i had to get in a certain way being 6ft 300lbs but i did it every day without complaint. Got 22mpg highway, and could smoke the tires in every gear except overdrive. I even did a 1800 mile roadtrip in it with a buddy one winter to go to the ocean for a day one winter. Wasnt bad at all. It was perfect for my 23 min daily drive. And when i needed to pick up a engine block or clear brush from my sisters house it fit everything i needed. The 91 comanche i got it about 5% bigger than it was and i drive it 4 days a week hauling coconuts and compost. On trash day i can squeeze 9 brute trash cans in the bed to haul to the road. 6 ft bed 2000lb payload on a dana 44 axle. If you put a good axle under a small truck people can get real work done and not break the bank or the gas pump.
Yes agreed if they put good componets under it and it has a good payload capacity it will be great. What Chrispy said about minimal payload and maybe 1500 lbs towing does not fit the small work truck you are describing/wanting.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well lets hope that if its fwd based that it has a beam axle in the rear. Nobody(smart) tows anything bigger that a small single axle trailer with those small trucks. Jet ski, mower, atv type stuff. Keep the total weight under 4000 and payload 1200 on the base and 1800 or 2000 on a hd model. Plus that render has it as a slightly extended cab which should take care of comfort issues. We can olny hope that ford remembers the things they are good at. Putting that 8.8 in my ranger was genius, that is the same axle as a 90s econoline 7000lb van in a 3300lb truck.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a hard time believing the towing will only be 1500lbs. The transit is the old platform.
The new Escape has a towing cap of 3000lbs. It should be at least that. If not more. payload will be 1500

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Something smells fishy don't know what but something is off on this whole thing
Sponsored