North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford & Volkswagon announced months ago they were building a vehicle together. The Maverick is going to be a front wheel drive small pickup based on the Escape AKA Bronco sport. Or it will be built at a VW plant, based on a VW car. Then sold through Ford Dealers.
I assume you mean the 2020 Volkswagen Amarok

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wish I still had pictures of my shelby maverick but my wife recycled a hard drive she shouldnt have. But the 69.5 to 77 ford maverick was absolutely not hideous. The 4 doors were a little cartoonish but the 2 doors were just plain sweet. Especially after you got rid of the 74 and up bumpers and switched to the earlier ones. They were a v8 platform lighter than the mustang yet still had room for 4 comfortably and big trunk. Mine was a 74 with a built AFR headed 306. Best burnout machine in the neighborhood.

That being said ranchero were sweet aswell and utes were still built down under till recently. I really dont know why we stopped liking them in the US. But since the ranger is as big as a f150 the courier is the proper name for a new small truck. Since the maverick has been a suv in recent years abroad I think a offroad model of the courier could be good as a maverick.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford & Volkswagon announced months ago they were building a vehicle together. The Maverick is going to be a front wheel drive small pickup based on the Escape AKA Bronco sport. Or it will be built at a VW plant, based on a VW car. Then sold through Ford Dealers.
the Maverick will be built in Mexico (same plant as bronco sport) according to a leaked document about upcoming factory production.

so if anything Vw might get a rebadged version for Europe maybe?

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long time lurker...but has anybody thought about the possibility that the “Maverick” tailgate could be a precursor to a Gladiator competitor?

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Long time lurker...but has anybody thought about the possibility that the “Maverick” tailgate could be a precursor to a Gladiator competitor?
definitely not. Too small. looks like it would be the size of a Bronco sport truck.

wouldn’t surprise me if the just call the bronco truck “the bronco truck” like hummer h3t.

that will be a very square flat tailgate like the gladiator

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They really need to call it the Ranchero, not the Maverick or Courier. Remember the great Ford Ranchero vs Chevy El Camino, they were both much loved trucklettes.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/valuation/ford-ranchero-vs-chevy-el-camino-hot-or-not/

Remember all of your Ford history:

The Cool Ford Ranchero:
chero_156285453832b77166913c3Ranchero-Lead-940x626.jpg

hpg_ford-ranchero-69(2).jpg

The hideous Maverick:
976_ford_maverick-pic-2474151092034048284-1024x768.jpg

The rebadged Mazda Courier:
MuMJtCebu3j49ryiwPn_9nEpytzMu4OXYxL7rluEv2baDXhbPe.jpg

This is how I retired my Courier:
1267383.jpg

really had to choose the worst photo of a Maverick you could find on google?

Ford Bronco Maverick Pickup Tailgate Leaked in CAD Image, Possibly Bronco Sport-Based BCBBAB2C-6666-4EE7-919D-0BA9D7313AF6

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco Maverick Pickup Tailgate Leaked in CAD Image, Possibly Bronco Sport-Based BCBBAB2C-6666-4EE7-919D-0BA9D7313AF6
Thats more like it. Mine was burnt orange with flat black on the top half. Had cougar taillights, grabber hood, and shelby emblems. Sexiest car i ever drove for sure.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
All I know is if our economy is about to go through a complete shitstorm as I suspect it will, Ford will be very smart to have an affordable pickup truck that they can produce cheaply.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
All I know is if our economy is about to go through a complete shitstorm as I suspect it will, Ford will be very smart to have an affordable pickup truck that they can produce cheaply.
Nope, they'll just assume people will still want a $40K+ Ranger for their kayaks and fishing poles.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The early models were absolute junk, I had a 1971, it got to the point it would not even run. I had to tear off the top half of the engine, rebuilding the carb, replacing all of the ignition components and a bunch of other stuff. Sure, others were fixed up with decals to be a Mustang wannabe, but with my experience with them I would much rather have owned a Ranchero.

Here is an interesting article on the early Maverick introduction, one readers comment about their carb was in line with mine:
Another Maverick was our ride from Boston to DC and back for the Bicentennial. This six-year-old car barely ran. The carb was shot and it wouldn’t idle.
https://www.curbsideclassic.com/cur...-classic-ford-maverick-the-simpleton-machine/
This one is closer to how mine looked, at least through the lens of my experience.

Ford Bronco Maverick Pickup Tailgate Leaked in CAD Image, Possibly Bronco Sport-Based 1588594049072

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The early models were absolute junk, I had a 1971, it got to the point it would not even run. I had to tear off the top half of the engine, rebuilding the carb, replacing all of the ignition components and a bunch of other stuff. Sure, others were fixed up with decals to be a Mustang wannabe, but with my experience with them I would much rather have owned a Ranchero.

Here is an interesting article on the early Maverick introduction, one readers comment about their carb was in line with mine:

This one is closer to how mine looked, at least through the lens of my experience.

Ford Bronco Maverick Pickup Tailgate Leaked in CAD Image, Possibly Bronco Sport-Based 1588594049072

Mine had smogged down 302 when i got it, but luckily i had just gotten a job making $32 and hour so i had money to burn every weekend. From august to november i bought a george montgomery built 306 shortblock, afr 185 heads, air gap intake, full billet mechanical msd dizzy, aluminum radiator, tci streetfighter c4, full suspension rebuild, manual steering conversion, wired up the whole car, and welded a couple glasspacks to the collectors, and threw some 275 60 bfgs on the 68 gt500 wheels. That baby would lay rubber farther than i ever cared to measure. By december that job went down to $11 an hour so i was stuck with 4 wheel non powef drum brakes. If you want to feel alive get yourself 400 hp and drum brakes!

Deleted member 3063

Funny how many Mustang parts are direct bolt on to a pos Maverick.

My first thought on the tailgate is Bison.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Funny how many Mustang parts are direct bolt on to a pos Maverick.

My first thought on the tailgate is Bison.
Only thing that didnt work was the spindles, had to get those from a granada but there wasnt any in the yards in my area. I will say in 74 the maverick grabber was way nicer looking than the mustang II.