Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've only seen one viable option so far with the American Adventure Lab, but it's a little bulky if all you're wanting to do is go off-roading with your traction boards.

Anyone have a different product or idea they are using or planning to use?
Sponsored

Stick355

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mach 1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've only seen one viable option so far with the American Adventure Lab, but it's a little bulky if all you're wanting to do is go off-roading with your traction boards.

Anyone have a different product or idea they are using or planning to use?
A friend of mine gave me his old rockslide Engineering EZ rack set up, as I didn't want to put mine on the roof, I'm getting a 2dr. I found a roof rack mount by Racksbrax on Amazon. I'm going to try and marry the 2 together so i can mount the boards vertically on the side of the spare.
Ford Bronco Maxtrax mounting options with a soft top Bronco Bronco-1
Ford Bronco Maxtrax mounting options with a soft top Bronco Bronco-2

These mounting plates are made for Maxtrax and pins that MaxTrax sells.

Petek70

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 bronco, 76 bronco, 18 raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Petek70

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 bronco, 76 bronco, 18 raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the EZ Rack system now. I guess with this from BA Tents, you could have the boards oposite of 1 RotoPax. Or maybe have a rotopax on each side of the spare, and the Boards mount on top of the spare? All 3 could use the EZ Rack strap.
I haven't seen one in person or the EZ Rack but if you can slide either of them around the strap I wouldn't think it would be an issue to get them all on one strap.

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't seen one in person or the EZ Rack but if you can slide either of them around the strap I wouldn't think it would be an issue to get them all on one strap.
Here is my current setup with the EZ Rack.
Ford Bronco Maxtrax mounting options with a soft top Bronco 20211223_182329643_iOS

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife asked the same thing last weekend when we were out in the mountain snow and I realized that I left the matrix attached to the camper sitting in the garage. But hey, I at least had all the other recovery gear with me lol.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is my current setup with the EZ Rack.
Ford Bronco Maxtrax mounting options with a soft top Bronco 20211223_182329643_iOS
Thanks for the visual.

This seems like a flexible, reasonably priced solution. Especially since it seems like it would be easy enough to mount it when going off-road and unmount it when not.

Would you feel comfortable positioning them vertically and mounting a hi-lift jack on one side and a set of max traxs on the other? As far as them sliding around?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the visual.

This seems like a flexible, reasonably priced solution. Especially since it seems like it would be easy enough to mount it when going off-road and unmount it when not.

Would you feel comfortable positioning them vertically and mounting a hi-lift jack on one side and a set of max traxs on the other? As far as them sliding around?
Adding a 30lb jack plus whatever the mount and the Trax weigh on top of the weight of the spare is asking a lot of those factory hinges, IMO.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the visual.

Yeah that would work. Trust me, they don't slide around at all.

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the visual.

Adding a 30lb jack plus whatever the mount and the Trax weigh on top of the weight of the spare is asking a lot of those factory hinges, IMO.
Hmmm.

2 x 2.5 Gal Rotopax with gasoline are 31 lbs = 1 Hi-Lift Jack

The mount weighs about 4 lbs?

Max Trax MK II are 17 lbs

And this would be mounted only when off-roading. I'm not an "overland" (or camping as old people like me call it) kind of guy so I don't think I'd be opening and closing the tailgate a ton while this was mounted.

But I think you make a fair point

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the EZ Rack system now. I guess with this from BA Tents, you could have the boards oposite of 1 RotoPax. Or maybe have a rotopax on each side of the spare, and the Boards mount on top of the spare? All 3 could use the EZ Rack strap.
someone has to find out :) i am betting the max trax have issues clearing the center tail light. personally I'd be fine having maxtrax on one side and a single fuel can on the other.

OP
OP
Bird Dog Off Road

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A friend of mine gave me his old rockslide Engineering EZ rack set up, as I didn't want to put mine on the roof, I'm getting a 2dr. I found a roof rack mount by Racksbrax on Amazon. I'm going to try and marry the 2 together so i can mount the boards vertically on the side of the spare.
Bronco-1.jpg
Bronco-2.jpg

These mounting plates are made for Maxtrax and pins that MaxTrax sells.
Let us know how your project turns out!

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so bad ass tents is literally 5 mintues from my in-laws place. im just gonna roll over there and see whats up about it sitting on top of the rear tire.