First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After 8000 miles on the 2 door Manual Badlands Lux, it was time to part ways. The Bronco is a cool vehicle but is kinda a “One trick pony”. For me, it’s just not well rounded enough. If I had never bought one, I would have never been happy with anything else. So I sold the Bronco and went back to a Tacoma. Extremely good off-road and just way more versatile. I’m so glad I scratched that itch but as crazy as it sounds, Bronco just doesn’t make sense for me. I feel we might see this happening to a lot of people. I wouldn’t call it buyers remorse. More like, I didn’t realize just how useless the Bronco is for anything other than going off-road. It just felt cheaply made the more time I spent in it. I started customizing it to try to rekindle the romance but nothing seemed to work. I’m getting out while I can still make some money on it.

The moment I hopped behind the wheel of the TRD Off-road Taco, the world was right again. I even went with a long bed just to do more truck stuff.
Ford Bronco Maybe don’t buy a Bronco. 7B92F021-2480-4A1E-93D5-654BE91FC339
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I only had 1 vehicle, I couldn't do just having a Bronco, my F150 is the best jack of all trades. But with a couple pickups, Excursion, sedan the Bronco was the perfect daily driver/fun/toy vehicle to round out the collection.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
After 8000 miles on the 2 door Manual Badlands Lux, it was time to part ways. The Bronco is a cool vehicle but is kinda a “One trick pony”. For me, it’s just not well rounded enough. If I had never bought one, I would have never been happy with anything else. So I sold the Bronco and went back to a Tacoma. Extremely good off-road and just way more versatile. I’m so glad I scratched that itch but as crazy as it sounds, Bronco just doesn’t make sense for me. I feel we might see this happening to a lot of people. I wouldn’t call it buyers remorse. More like, I didn’t realize just how useless the Bronco is for anything other than going off-road. It just felt cheaply made the more time I spent in it. I started customizing it to try to rekindle the romance but nothing seemed to work. I’m getting out while I can still make some money on it.

The moment I hopped behind the wheel of the TRD Off-road Taco, the world was right again. I even went with a long bed just to do more truck stuff.
I could see a guy coming from a pickup being surprised, but when you had a FJ Cruiser, I'm surprised you didn't realize what you were getting yourself into.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the Tacos weren't so uncomfortable I'd be more inclined to get one... but feels like you have to be under 5'8" to fit comfortably in one. Shame because I generally like the Tacoma, I just can't sit in it for more than an hour.

Once the next generation Ranger arrives I plan on taking a look at that—because you're right, you are missing some utility in the Bronco that pickup trucks have. (I actually was intending to buy a Ranger before the Bronco was announced.) And with the Ranger and Bronco being manufactured in the same assembly plant, I think there is a decent change it'll have a manual transmission option in 2024.

Or I may just get a small utility trailer for the time I need pickup-like capabilities.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a Toyota fan having had old 22re Pickup, 4Runners, and a bunch of Toyota cars and if you need a pickup for the bed, a Tacoma is a great choice. Other than that, I cant think of anything that would make me choose a Taco over my Bronco. Add a small trailer to the Bronco and I’m all set for any larger cargo.

Sponsored

Jnf

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Cadillac XTS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been pondering this for a while. I am an early reservation holder still waiting for my 2-door Basesquatch. I bought a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk last year to replace the vehicle that I had planned to replace with the Bronco. Its the first Chrysler product I have ever purchased after owning 7 different Ford/Mercury vehicles.

The Grand Cherokee can easily handle any of the off-road use that I plan to see, is loaded with all the safety and comfort features that my wife would want, gets as good or better gas mileage than what is being reported here for the Bronco, has a 25 gallon gas tank that allow great range, has a 6000 lb. towing capacity, 1050 lb. payload capacity, is a very comfortable drive, and my wife loves the way it looks inside and out.

In short, the Grand Cherokee is a more well rounded and practical vehicle for our needs than the Basesquatch I have on order, but I still feel the need to scratch my Bronco itch. My order just got pushed to a 23, and it looks like I probably won't get that because of Ford's allocation scheme that fails to honor all of us who bought into their "first in line" promises. If Ford won't deliver my 23 and decides to not provide price protection on the 24's to those of us who have been waiting in line from the beginning, my itch won't ever get scratched.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am hopping out of my Ranger into a bronco. I am sure I will miss the bed but it's been seldom used since I wrapped the house projects up.

I'll probably buy a maverick down the road anyhow as the ranger was never really used to its full capacity.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Maybe don’t buy a Bronco. 7B92F021-2480-4A1E-93D5-654BE91FC339
Ford Bronco Maybe don’t buy a Bronco. E09118D3-0788-471A-BA87-1CA432ED0844

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also thought about getting a pickup, but for the few times that we need one, we'll just hook up the 14' trailer that we use for hauling the SxS / dirt bikes. The Bronco is way cooler and much more fun to drive than any pickup in the same price range IMO.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.