Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kennethbigler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (Lux/Manual)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for that information. Those throws are surprisingly short (in a good way).

I measured my 3 cars 3rd-4th distance for reference (even though they are completely different vehicles)

Mini Clubman S 4 1/2”
BMW 435I (with M sport package, which has slightly shorter throws) 4 - 5/8”
Porsche Spyder 3 -1/4”

5” for the Bronco should be nice. But (how do I not make this sound dirty??)...I hope it has a click-into-place feel rather than a rubbery feel
Awesome Info!
It sounds like your Porsche is pretty similar to my Corvette.
It definitely had a notchy feel, very similar to the Mustang GT.
I understand why I lot of people said it felt similar, and I would agree, it felt similar in most ways, just with a slightly longer throw.
Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

...and the clutch is feather light compared to the mustang (which is already a pretty light clutch).
The mustang clutch is too light. I bought a steeda clutch pedal perch and spring for my 18 gt and it felt great. Hopefully steeda will sell a clutch spring for the bronco.

OP
OP
TRUCK3N

TRUCK3N

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kennethbigler.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The mustang clutch is too light. I bought a steeda clutch pedal perch and spring for my 18 gt and it felt great. Hopefully steeda will sell a clutch spring for the bronco.
Ya one of my friends did the same to his 2017 GT.
My wife likes the light clutch though, so we will see what happens on my Bronco.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ya one of my friends did the same to his 2017 GT.
My wife likes the light clutch though, so we will see what happens on my Bronco.
The clutch engagement point didn’t seem consistent with the factory spring. I drove manuals for 20 years prior, and stalled that bastard twice on test drive.

Sponsored

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've only driven shorter throw manuals.

I'll have to see how this feels. Otherwise I'm planning on shortening it.
I drive an '18 Civic Si right now. Honda, if nothing else, is known for good shifters with a nice feel and short throw. I had a chance to sit in a 7mt BB at an event a few weeks ago. You won't be disappointed with the shifter. To each their own, but I'd be really surprised if a short shifter is a popular mod.

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
My only concern is the clutch being so light you can't feel the bite point, but the assist spring should be easily modifiable.
This would likely be my first mod if it feels too light to me.

manualT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here is a video I took of the throws, I am definitely a fan, but would add a short shifter if someone comes out with one.

Sorry the video is vertical, I used Snapchat to take it mostly to send to friends.
Great clip thanks!!

That looks perfect to me, just slightly longer than a hot-hatch, still giving it a slight truck feel.

I have driven and owned so many manuals - my preference is that they are all a bit different (currently own 3 manual vehicles) that uniqueness of a particular vehicles' shifter weight, throw, clutch, throttle response (for rev-match) is my favorite part of driving.

Looking at that clip I think this transmission will be very unique and I think the shifting action looks spot on.

Thundar

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RangeRover, Jk Rubi, Renegade, F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for this post! I have been waiting for this info. I just sold my 2020 Jeep JL to buy a bronco. Main reason is I want a manual trans and feel the JL manual is like shifting a Honda Civic. I am hoping the Bronco is not the same. If it is I am selling it the next day. That is if I ever get one. I order the night it was launched and still don't have a vin/schedule of build.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TRUCK3N

TRUCK3N

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kennethbigler.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great clip thanks!!

That looks perfect to me, just slightly longer than a hot-hatch, still giving it a slight truck feel.

I have driven and owned so many manuals - my preference is that they are all a bit different (currently own 3 manual vehicles) that uniqueness of a particular vehicles' shifter weight, throw, clutch, throttle response (for rev-match) is my favorite part of driving.

Looking at that clip I think this transmission will be very unique and I think the shifting action looks spot on.
As to wanting your manual cars to all have a different feel, I totally agree!
To the point of rev matching, I think the Bronco has auto rev matching (not as good as the auto rev matching in the Corvette), but you can definitely try this out at any Ford dealership by test driving a mustang. For Corvette you have to manually turn it on, for Mustang, it is on by default, and you have to go through the settings to turn it off.

Definitely it is a nice shifter, and I can't wait!

OP
OP
TRUCK3N

TRUCK3N

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kennethbigler.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for this post! I have been waiting for this info. I just sold my 2020 Jeep JL to buy a bronco. Main reason is I want a manual trans and feel the JL manual is like shifting a Honda Civic. I am hoping the Bronco is not the same. If it is I am selling it the next day. That is if I ever get one. I order the night it was launched and still don't have a vin/schedule of build.
From the sounds of Jeep owners, it sounds like the JK/Bronco will have a very similar feel with their manual shift length. I have not measured a JL, but I recollect it having a similar throw length from when I drove one back in 2019.
That being said, the Bronco will have rev matching, more torque, it won't have the spongey clutch issues, and the Bronco definitely felt more notch-y, all of which I think will be much appreciated!
And I am in the same boat as you, night one reservation, and no word from Ford yet. I am really hoping to hear something soon!

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
TRUCK3N

TRUCK3N

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kennethbigler.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please notice in several of the lastest postings they are still measuring...everything in the damn Bronco.
Very true, but I really only cared about one measurement 🤣
Sponsored