Sponsored

Measured diameter of stock Goodyears and is anyone putting 285/75r17s on Sasquatch?

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unfortunately a search didn't turn anything up so I'm curious if anyone has measured their stock 'squatch tires. I know the lion's share of 315/70r17s are lucky to crack the 34" mark mounted and aired up, despite the 34.4" converted measurement most every manuf claims.

I had originally intended to put on the ubiquitous KO2 Cs in stock size after the Goodyear MTs wear out, but I saw that Toyo makes the Open Country at3 in 285/75r17 in C load range. I'm a fan of the tire but initially dismissed it since their 315/70 offering is D load range only and heavier. The jeep folk seem to be measuring it around 33-3/4" (here it is on the left next to an honest 34" on the right).

I dig the narrower look, although no one would ever accuse them of being pizza cutters, and less rotating mass is always a good thing. Depending on whether the GY MTs toe the party line it may be in the near-as-makes-no-difference range for diameter (the 315 KO2s are certainly guilty of this). $58 a corner cheaper than the BFGs. Sounds damn good to me, I'm curious if anyone else is inclined to do something similar?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately a search didn't turn anything up so I'm curious if anyone has measured their stock 'squatch tires. I know the lion's share of 315/70r17s are lucky to crack the 34" mark mounted and aired up, despite the 34.4" converted measurement most every manuf claims.

I had originally intended to put on the ubiquitous KO2 Cs in stock size after the Goodyear MTs wear out, but I saw that Toyo makes the Open Country at3 in 285/75r17 in C load range. I'm a fan of the tire but initially dismissed it since their 315/70 offering is D load range only and heavier. The jeep folk seem to be measuring it around 33-3/4" (here it is on the left next to an honest 34" on the right).

I dig the narrower look, although no one would ever accuse them of being pizza cutters, and less rotating mass is always a good thing. Depending on whether the GY MTs toe the party line it may be in the near-as-makes-no-difference range for diameter (the 315 KO2s are certainly guilty of this). $58 a corner cheaper than the BFGs. Sounds damn good to me, I'm curious if anyone else is inclined to do something similar?
I just bought 325x18x13 Nitto Ridge Runners, with new Method 705's (18x9, 0 backspace = 5" offset. These tires are advertised to be 34.6, tall."

I've always found that the advertised size is pretty close. Many people don't add back in, the lost 1/2" or so on, the bottom of a tire that has been mounted and placed back onto the truck.

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kenda has a 35x10.5R17 if the tall and skinny really floats your boat

OP
OP
FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Plenty of people already putting on 285/75/17s. Great size if that's what you want. This should at least get you started: Search results for query: 285/75 | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Now Scot, I've got to ask why you haven't posted any pictures yet in this thread: Aviation Photo and BS thread | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community
Did run across several of those threads, but I'm holding out hope for the maybe one sasquatch owner who wanted smaller tires. Really hoping to see them with the stock 'squatch wheels and flares.

And hot damn, didn't realize there was a significant aviation community here, I'll have to dig up some pictures of my Citabria shenanigans and post them up! Unfortunately my flying life lately has been 100% comm checkride prep, so damn sick of 8s on pylons.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Kenda has a 35x10.5R17 if the tall and skinny really floats your boat
Tall and skinny certainly does! I do like the price on those, but the higher load range and 73 lb weight kinda eat into the logic of getting something narrower and more civil on the road.

ETA: Looks like I was reading an incorrect spec sheet, they're D-loadrange tires and the tacoma people who they're popular with have been seeing ~61 lbs weighed weight, and at $180/ea at walmart not too shabby of an option!

Last edited:
OP
OP
FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've always found that the advertised size is pretty close. Many people don't add back in, the lost 1/2" or so on, the bottom of a tire that has been mounted and placed back onto the truck.
The forum threads I've run across tend to be pretty good at measuring them mounted but off the ground, and a bunch also have measure them under load as well. From observation the 34x and 35x sizes do appear to stay closer to what's on the spec sheet, but the 315/70s seem to consistently fall short (with a few exceptions like Cooper).

I know the plural of anecdote isn't data, but it's a popular size for the JL & JT folk to move up to without needing a lift on the Rubicon trim so there's a decent pool of as-mounted measurements, and the popular A/T options like the KO2 and Duratrac are frequently reported in the just-shy-of-34" range after mounting and usually around 33.5" under the vehicle weight.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Measured diameters are a bit difficult to get accurately due to different tread wear, rim width, PSI, ability etc. There is (or was) a thread where a guy was measuring his squatch spare and only got around 32 inches due to short arming it or Magoo glasses or something.

The squatch tires are a bit over 34 inches and regardless of manufacturer you can expect the 285/75/17 to be a true 33 inch tire.

Found it! You asked: FE - 4 door, LB - 35 inch tires measure 32 inch | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Last edited:
OP
OP
FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Measured diameters are a bit difficult to get accurately due to different tread wear, rim width, PSI, ability etc. There is (or was) a thread where a guy was measuring his squatch spare and only got around 32 inches due to short arming it or Magoo glasses or something.

The squatch tires are a bit over 34 inches and regardless of manufacturer you can expect the 285/75/17 to be a true 33 inch tire.

Found it! You asked: FE - 4 door, LB - 35 inch tires measure 32 inch | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community
Ha, that's pretty good. Yeah I'm sure it's a fool's errand looking at these numbers, but as a July 2021 reservation, it's not like I have anything better to do for the next year and a half!

Ford Bronco Measured diameter of stock Goodyears and is anyone putting 285/75r17s on Sasquatch? farnsworth_sad

Sponsored

Rocky88

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tall and skinny certainly does! I do like the price on those, but the higher load range and 73 lb weight kinda eat into the logic of getting something narrower and more civil on the road.
35/11.50 in a C rating

F6BB66C2-37BF-4FD3-8ACB-BFF458545753.png

Rocky88

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
909AFEEA-8556-4F2F-9BEA-0AD274D20EAD.png
Sponsored