First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride SX AWD / 2003 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I attended the Madison Event as well. Just like @530Squatch, I was on the fence and was waiting to order until I could actually check it out in person. I have always been on the BD train and was 100% sure I would add the Sasquatch package. I was between Carbonized Gray and Antimatter Blue and Cactus gray is NEVER a color I would have considered.

That BD with the black steel wheels and the Cactus Gray was flat out awesome in person. The pictures do not do it justice. It also sits higher than I thought it would and is probably plenty for what I am planning to do with it (light offroading and skiing in Sierras...no hardcore rockcrawling). Although, maybe I will hit the rock with it after I break it in for 5-10 years.

I had a 1970 when I was young that was my daily driver for 10 years (16-26 years old). I was back and forth between grabbing a new one or trying to pick up another EB.

After sitting in this thing and checking it out, I am 100% sold on the new one. I loved my EB, but when you are old and have a family, turning the key and knowing it is going to start and having a top that doesn't weight 500lbs seems like a good idea :)

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That banana seems to curl to the left...I hope they wiped down that truck after you.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got to sit in 2 Broncos today- 4dr OBX and 4dr BD. Both soft tops. Primary objectives, based on reviewing dozens of other reviews, were to measure the cargo area storage tray and to give you my take on how well I fit, particularly concerning the B pillar location. Apologies in advance for my crummy photography skills and rather wordy write-up; first, the cargo area storage:

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Now a few pics of how I fit - thanks to @Ourbroncolife for snapping these shots:

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

image3 (1).jpeg

image0 (1).jpeg

(banana for scale)

I'm 6'4" 260lbs. I had NO issue with the B pillar, praise the Lord! I cranked the manual seat down and back in the BD and didn't come into contact at all. In fact, I had to move the seat forward a few clicks to be comfortable reaching the pedals- and my usual driving style is to sit back as far as possible to stretch out. I also am shamelessly guilty of being a manspreader- I like to spread out. I can tell you I had no issue getting comfortable. My right knee didn't crash into the A/C panel nor the gear shift. My left knee also had plenty of space when I closed the door.

Let's talk about that some more- when I closed the door it did not feel cheap or sound tinny. It didn't make as heavy a thud as my '02 Silverado, but this door weighs 60lbs, not 200lbs or whatever my truck's is. The door handle and door lock did not feel cheap at all- quite sturdy when I yanked on it a couple times. The driving position where my left elbow and forearm rested on the door's padded arm rest was awesome. It's a very natural position for me to drive, and the steering wheel was better than I expected as well. It was quite beefy, not a thin ring, which I liked since I have large hands. Had some cushion to it but still firm and not squishy. The steering wheel-mounted buttons also felt great- they had a rubberized, robust feel to them. Not plasticy or "clicky" at all. All the surfaces I touched felt really well-built. Oh, and headroom was fantastic (didn't take many pics in the OBX but it did have the soft top on... probably 5" extra clearance. No problem).
Finally, I did find that the manual seat allowed me to sit much lower than the powered seats. I am not sure why- it's possible I didn't monkey around with it enough, but I'm pretty sure I know how to use power seats.

I've been holding off on placing my order for several reasons (really want Mallard Green and a white modular top), but the biggest reason is that I had a hard time personally justifying dropping $55K on something I didn't know how well I'd fit in it. I can tell you without hesitation I am in love with this vehicle. There's no going back from here- it blew me away. Like many have said, I was also surprised how big it was in person on the outside. I was worried based on several comments the inside would be too tight. NOPE. It is plenty comfy. I'm sold!
Great news! I would love to hear your thoughts on the visibility out the windscreen. A recent thread on this site claimed the "visibility sucks" and it feels "small and dark". It sure doesn't look like it to me.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you have a picture of the banana in the tailpipe? If you do, I am not going to fall for it.
Seriously guys better keep that tail pipe covered when the Bronco is not in use. Hopefully someone has an aftermarket solution.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got to sit in 2 Broncos today- 4dr OBX and 4dr BD. Both soft tops. Primary objectives, based on reviewing dozens of other reviews, were to measure the cargo area storage tray and to give you my take on how well I fit, particularly concerning the B pillar location. Apologies in advance for my crummy photography skills and rather wordy write-up; first, the cargo area storage:

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Now a few pics of how I fit - thanks to @Ourbroncolife for snapping these shots:

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

image3 (1).jpeg

image0 (1).jpeg

(banana for scale)

I'm 6'4" 260lbs. I had NO issue with the B pillar, praise the Lord! I cranked the manual seat down and back in the BD and didn't come into contact at all. In fact, I had to move the seat forward a few clicks to be comfortable reaching the pedals- and my usual driving style is to sit back as far as possible to stretch out. I also am shamelessly guilty of being a manspreader- I like to spread out. I can tell you I had no issue getting comfortable. My right knee didn't crash into the A/C panel nor the gear shift. My left knee also had plenty of space when I closed the door.

Let's talk about that some more- when I closed the door it did not feel cheap or sound tinny. It didn't make as heavy a thud as my '02 Silverado, but this door weighs 60lbs, not 200lbs or whatever my truck's is. The door handle and door lock did not feel cheap at all- quite sturdy when I yanked on it a couple times. The driving position where my left elbow and forearm rested on the door's padded arm rest was awesome. It's a very natural position for me to drive, and the steering wheel was better than I expected as well. It was quite beefy, not a thin ring, which I liked since I have large hands. Had some cushion to it but still firm and not squishy. The steering wheel-mounted buttons also felt great- they had a rubberized, robust feel to them. Not plasticy or "clicky" at all. All the surfaces I touched felt really well-built. Oh, and headroom was fantastic (didn't take many pics in the OBX but it did have the soft top on... probably 5" extra clearance. No problem).
Finally, I did find that the manual seat allowed me to sit much lower than the powered seats. I am not sure why- it's possible I didn't monkey around with it enough, but I'm pretty sure I know how to use power seats.

I've been holding off on placing my order for several reasons (really want Mallard Green and a white modular top), but the biggest reason is that I had a hard time personally justifying dropping $55K on something I didn't know how well I'd fit in it. I can tell you without hesitation I am in love with this vehicle. There's no going back from here- it blew me away. Like many have said, I was also surprised how big it was in person on the outside. I was worried based on several comments the inside would be too tight. NOPE. It is plenty comfy. I'm sold!
WOW the black steelies look
6EE4B392-E2AC-4CF2-8CDF-0D5BED238899.jpeg

I was at Futre Ford of Sacramento today. Pleasantly surprised by the wheels. I did not like them in many pictures, but they look good in person. I was BD or BL. Ended up going BL to get High. The 12 screen is awesome.
BE35F5BF-B690-4765-9776-9503EC12B829.jpeg

I was curious about the HD bumper. There are three bolts that likely help secure the bumper end. The have Bronco on them, so you can move them. Good spot to add some fog and driving lights as I don’t plan on taking off the ends
OMG that pic with the top down and doors open looks awesome, I almost lost it! Everyone bashing the 4-door needs to apologize, beg for forgiveness and get on your hands and knees and kiss the tires of my 4-door when I get it, haha.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great news! I would love to hear your thoughts on the visibility out the windscreen. A recent thread on this site claimed the "visibility sucks" and it feels "small and dark". It sure doesn't look like it to me.
Someone looking for attention. We all know it is fine.

RyanM

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@530Squatch What did you think of the OBX bronze dash in person? I didn’t really like it in photos but I’ve seen a few comments on here saying it looks good in person.

Sponsored

CNElliott

First Edition
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1190SX, 1125CRUly, XB12 Lightning Long Tall
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do
the tires look perfect. I’m second guessing Sasquatch now.
[/QUOTE
the tires look perfect. I’m second guessing Sasquatch now.
Don't underestimate the POWER OF THE SQUATCH. Especially if there is even a remote chance of wanting to Supersize your tires later. That 4.7 ring gear is legit!

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

image3 (1).jpeg

image0 (1).jpeg

(banana for scale)

Thank you, Nicholas! I get to see them today. Very excited!