Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Natai hi Sean, I was there at the 4pm timeslot. I totally agree w/ everything you said. I was very impressed with the BD in CG with black steelies... that, plus the MGV really made be stop and hesitate about my WT build. It was a sweet machine. Great writeup- I like your writing style and level of detail... made me feel like I was having a conversation vice a bulleted list. Nice work!

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks. But there go my hopes of seeing something relevant to my build. The BD is a manual at least right?
Yes, the 4-door Black Diamond that is touring the west coast/west is a 7-speed manual transmission, which was great to see! I pushed in the clutch and worked the shifter - very smooth with short throws/distances.

Yelie

First Edition
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 MINI JCW, 2019 Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for sharing! I'm 5'0 and this will be my daily. I've been debating about the step but don't think I'll end up getting it.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the detailed write-up!

I thought I’d comment on the no-cupholders-in-the-back issue. One thing I’ve not seen mentioned in the forums yet is that, at least in the older FX4 trim on the F150, the fold-down armrest/cupholder was deliberately omitted from the rear seat. The reason being the full seat is more comfortable for the middle passenger when being used on bumpy roads and trails. The same logic may be applied with the Bronco rear seats. Perhaps an insider can weigh in?
My ‘17 f150 lariat fx4 has the flip down arm rest with cupholders that slide out.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My ‘17 f150 lariat fx4 has the flip down arm rest with cupholders that slide out.
Interesting. I know Ford combined trim levels sometime after my 2009 F150 FX4 where you could get the Lariat options added to the FX4. I wonder if that was one of the changes.

I did ask friends who sat in the middle seat on some of our long 14-hour journeys to various race tracks, and they did comment that the middle seat felt distinctly better compared to seats containing the fold-down tray. But that was a few years back.

I’ve never sat in the middle back seat of my 2019 F150 Sport but I’ll do that next time I think of it.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting. I know Ford combined trim levels sometime after my 2009 F150 FX4 where you could get the Lariat options added to the FX4. I wonder if that was one of the changes.

I did ask friends who sat in the middle seat on some of our long 14-hour journeys to various race tracks, and they did comment that the middle seat felt distinctly better compared to seats containing the fold-down tray. But that was a few years back.

I’ve never sat in the middle back seat of my 2019 F150 Sport but I’ll do that next time I think of it.
But whats funny is you made me go out and look at my truck. Ive had the rear bench folded up for 3yrs and only one time had it down for passengers. 2 large dogs are the standard passengers back there so bench is always in stored position.
Sponsored