Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

** Check all posts to see how the Bronco progresses **
** Also follow this thread for updates **

I wanted to start a thread for my Bronco aka “MOON” so I can share with friends and help others in the Bronco 6G community.

I’m a day one reservation holder. Built on March 11th. I finally got my 2022 4 door Cactus Grey Badlands with Sasquatch and luxury package on March 30th.

It’s been a fun week. I have already done several projects with the help of a good friend.

Like many of you the first thing I did was to peel the sticker badges off. I relocated them to the tailgate and behind the gas door. I also removed the chrome Bronco and swapped it for a black one.

Redline tuning hood struts and a basic LED light bar under the hood that comes on automatically. I highly recommend both of these upgrades as they are inexpensive, easy to do and super functional.

Baja Designs Squadron Sport ditch lights. I am in love with those things!

JCR molle table on the tailgate. It went together fine until the last step of inserting the top of the table. That took a little extra work to make it fit. But it’s in there solid and no rattles at all.

A custom rear lighting project I had planned out. On the glass hatch I have 2 Baja Designs rock lights. One red, one white. Then on the inside I have a red led light strip for cargo lighting or when camping in the Bronco. Each of those lights are wired into their own switch on a panel I added that also has 2 USB ports. They are also wired into quick connect cables so when I remove the rear section of the roof I can simply unplug everything.

Mounted fire extinguisher. I also added a Baofeng base charging unit there and can plug in by USB when needed to charge radios.

Not too bad for the first week. I will update this thread over time as I do other projects.

Ford Bronco Meet MOON 0

Ford Bronco Meet MOON 1

Ford Bronco Meet MOON 1a

Ford Bronco Meet MOON 2

Ford Bronco Meet MOON 4

Ford Bronco Meet MOON 5

Ford Bronco Meet MOON 6

Ford Bronco Meet MOON 7

Ford Bronco Meet MOON 8

Ford Bronco Meet MOON 9

Ford Bronco Meet MOON 10

Ford Bronco Meet MOON 11

Ford Bronco Meet MOON IMG_3445.HEIC

Ford Bronco Meet MOON 12
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nemo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Could you show how you mounted your fire extinguisher and what you used? I've been trying to figure a good place for mine on the soft top.

Cool rig otherwise

InTheShift

Base
First Name
Shift
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sweet setup! Congrats!

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could you show how you mounted your fire extinguisher and what you used? I've been trying to figure a good place for mine on the soft top.

Cool rig otherwise
It's just a small vehicle / boat fire extinguisher I've had for several years in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. It came with that mounting bracket. I had to drill out the holes in it a little bit to make the bolts fit through the bracket into the roll bars. But the existing holes lined up perfectly. I used the following bolts and it fit perfect.

Ford Bronco Meet MOON IMG_3481

Ford Bronco Meet MOON IMG_3528

Last edited:

InTheShift

Base
First Name
Shift
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So are the stories of these being an explosion hazard just urban legend? I like the idea of being prepared but I always heard they could blow up during the summer months.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So are the stories of these being an explosion hazard just urban legend? I like the idea of being prepared but I always heard they could blow up during the summer months.
I've never heard of that. Maybe some cheap Chinese ones have. But this is a marine grade one and have had it several years in a Black Jeep in Florida and no explosion haha. Still shows the pressure as being good too.

InTheShift

Base
First Name
Shift
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've never heard of that. Maybe some cheap Chinese ones have. But this is a marine grade one and have had it several years in a Black Jeep in Florida and no explosion haha. Still shows the pressure as being good too.
If this can survive Florida I don’t think I need to worry about Kansas! 🤣 Thanks!

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love what you are doing. Mine was built 4/5 and stating to plan. Also have the Redline hood struts and plan for the same table. Baja fog lamps on the way…considering the ditch lights. I take it you’d recommend? 😂

Also got some Bronco Depot scripts and love where you moved the stickers to. I may copy.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've kept a fire extinguisher of some kind in my vehicles for decades, in Texas, never had a problem.

Sponsored

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve kept one in my truck for years. No explosion but my daughter thought it would be fun to discharge it in the cab one day. Holy crap was it hard to clean out of the dash!

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love what you are doing. Mine was built 4/5 and stating to plan. Also have the Redline hood struts and plan for the same table. Baja fog lamps on the way…considering the ditch lights. I take it you’d recommend? 😂

Also got some Bronco Depot scripts and love where you moved the stickers to. I may copy.
Yeah I totally love those ditch lights. It's my favorite thing I've done so far.

I'm going to get the Baja Designs fog light kit too later on.

OP
OP
SwampCactus

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should do a writeup of your cargo light setup! 👍
This was the video that gave me the idea. Just modified it to 3 lights on 3 switches instead of 2 on one. But good reference video to check out.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking good!

IThinkFreely

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3 & X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really nice. I'll pilfer a couple of these ideas for sure. I dropped mine off yesterday to change out the wheels and tires. Taking off the badges and putting on the matt black old school script decal. Taking off the back brake light post and putting a light ring in the spare.

Then I want to get a feel for the truck before doing anymore (I dropped it off with 30 miles on the clock).
Sponsored