Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So are we worried that if you put in order in with a dealer that has a lot of reservations that you could get moved back in the ordering process?
or are we worried that you could lose the reservation all together?
After reading the posts I'm a little confused.

Personally I'd like to buy the Bronco from whichever dealer can give me the best deal.
Both.
Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So are we worried that if you put in order in with a dealer that has a lot of reservations that you could get moved back in the ordering process?
or are we worried that you could lose the reservation all together?
After reading the posts I'm a little confused.

Personally I'd like to buy the Bronco from whichever dealer can give me the best deal.
Haha! I get it! After 60+ pages on 3 threads, what’s the outcome?

answer is no one really knows. Granger has come out and said that THEIR customers will not be adversely affected.

as for me and my personal opinion. I’m a day 2 reservation holder and am at Granger. Maybe I’ve drank the koolaid but I trust Albert and am going to ASSUME that I’ll get my car by fall of 2021. No one will really know until Feb 2021. I won’t stress until then. If I get my Bronco by Aug/Sept I’ll be happy. Any later and I’ll have to evaluate when ever it is I’m notified of that.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, Albert didn’t spill the beans on the “formulas” being used... on purpose. A couple others did. I think intentionally was vague and only offered to reassure his customers of the process.

the big guys on here came and made everyone go nuts with the situation.

My impressions are that the ones that spilled the specific formulas may be in some hot water. Not our Albert ;)

Edit: I need to put my phone down. Way too involved in this hahaa
Me too me too..
Put the phone down- slowly walk away. Wait someone say bronco!

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not really. If you reserved a Bronco and convert to an order in Dec/Jan, the Bronco will be produced and delivered to the dealer you selected. The real question is, when will it be produced and delivered? At this point, nobody knows the answer the that question.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Granger has come out and said that THEIR customers will not be adversely affected.
Where did they say that? I saw them say that their dealership wouldn’t be effected...I don’t think they said their “customers”. The ones at the back of the line clearly will be, and moreso than if they were at a big dealer favored in the formula for allocations.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without knowing the actual formula there is no way to guess the distribution numbers.
Yes, there is! It's called a guess, because you don't know everything.

It's possible FoMoCo puts more weight than we know on # of reservations which would skew distribution towards high reservation number. It's possible reservations has low weight.
That would only mitigate the outcomes of the fake scenarios I posted. Ford has decided to favor volume dealers over reservation holders.

Example: Reservations could be squared to give them more weight, or divided to remove weight. The same could be true of all other variables in the formula. Without knowing the exact formula, which is very very very unlikely to leak, there is no way to know exactly how it's weighted. Then there is the golden rule: "He who has the gold makes the rules" FoMoCo holds the gold right now. ?‍♂
The use of the word "very" means nothing on this forum anymore. ;)

Want to follow me further down the rabbit hole? Ford will most likely build dealer stock allocations before all reservation holders at smaller dealerships get their Broncos!

Take the Small Dealer Heavy Reservations scenario:
  • At the end of the 2021 model year build cycle, Big Dealer has no reservations converted to orders left in its queue, but Small Dealer has 450 conversions that Ford needs to fill.
  • Do you think Big Dealer and his pals are going to sit on their hands without any Broncos while Ford builds the remaining orders?
  • There will be another round of allocations of Broncos for dealers--both reservation orders and dealer stock--that will be calculated based on past sales.
  • Big dealer will get another 750 allocations and Small Dealer might get 550 again or just the 450 orders.
  • Those 2022 model year Broncos will be built according to availability of materials in the options selected and not reservations before dealer stock.
This is why Ford's announcement and Nth dealers braggadocio was such a kick in the gut to so many on this forum.

Until Ford acknowledges the changing tide in the way people buy vehicles and dealers should be facilitators, like some good ones on here, and not dealers on a street corner hustling their customers, their stock is on shaky ground. This first year of Bronco sales is a one-time rush and people getting burned will buy something else which puts the fate of the 2 and 4-door Bronco in jeopardy. They screw this up and the Bronco will go away again in 4-9 years.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where did they say that? I saw them say that their dealership wouldn’t be effected...I don’t think they said their “customers”. The ones at the back of the line clearly will be, and moreso than if they were at a big dealer favored in the formula for allocations.
True. I read his comment to imply that his store meant his buyers. Soooo.....??

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The level of constant complaining on this site is bewildering. You're all so dang excited about the Bronco BUT [insert issue with color or interior or towing capability or available options or marketing or communication or Mike Levine or the location of the got-danged bottle opener!] Jesus Christ. It's a car. It doesn't define you. Aren't there more important things you could be indignant about? You're not obliged to buy it and Ford doesn't owe you anything.

I just for the life of me don't understand the incessant complaining about something that you then claim you're so excited to buy. And, again, it's a car. It's not exactly 100% what I want either and I'm annoyed that it's not sitting in my driveway right now, but to get all frothy over not getting exactly what you want exactly when you want it seems freaking infantile.
tenor.gif

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, there is! It's called a guess, because you don't know everything.

That would only mitigate the outcomes of the fake scenarios I posted. Ford has decided to favor volume dealers over reservation holders.

The use of the word "very" means nothing on this forum anymore. ;)

Want to follow me further down the rabbit hole? Ford will most likely build dealer stock allocations before all reservation holders at smaller dealerships get their Broncos!

Take the Small Dealer Heavy Reservations scenario:
  • At the end of the 2021 model year build cycle, Big Dealer has no reservations converted to orders left in its queue, but Small Dealer has 450 conversions that Ford needs to fill.
  • Do you think Big Dealer and his pals are going to sit on their hands without any Broncos while Ford builds the remaining orders?
  • There will be another round of allocations of Broncos for dealers--both reservation orders and dealer stock--that will be calculated based on past sales.
  • Big dealer will get another 750 allocations and Small Dealer might get 550 again or just the 450 orders.
  • Those 2022 model year Broncos will be built according to availability of materials in the options selected and not reservations before dealer stock.
This is why Ford's announcement and Nth dealers braggadocio was such a kick in the gut to so many on this forum.

Until Ford acknowledges the changing tide in the way people buy vehicles and dealers should be facilitators, like some good ones on here, and not dealers on a street corner hustling their customers, their stock is on shaky ground. This first year of Bronco sales is a one-time rush and people getting burned will buy something else which puts the fate of the 2 and 4-door Bronco in jeopardy. They screw this up and the Bronco will go away again in 4-9 years.
OR in an alternate reality. Only X amount of reservations convert to orders and there are enough built to satisfy everyone by October/November :)

Sponsored

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha! Did it cross your mind that Mike "Levine" and Mike "Nevile" are the same person... and only rearranged the letters of the last name to give a bit of anonymity to himself (people wouldn't find him in the corporate telephone list)!!!
Beware of Mike Vineli!

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, ok. here's the part where you asked for clarification:

Please clarify what the reservation number means relative to timestamp (and how do we know what our timestamp is).
- Dealer allocation: Please clarify what it means for reservation holders that are with small, midsize and large dealerships and how the delivery may vary depending on the size of the dealer (or other factors)… if it does change things for when a delivery is fulfilled, please explain why.

The remaining is a mix of veiled threat and griping.
The reservation dealer will have the Ford Time stamp

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the end, they are a business and have an obligation to their shareholders and board of directors. They need to find the right balance between keeping the process clear and understandable for consumers (us) while providing us with a product that keeps us engaged and excited, along with making as much money as possible on the process. They can't completely bow to our requests/demands (we are in no place to make demands)... and they can't completely look at this as a cash cow, otherwise they will lose interest from the buyers. We're talking about supply/demand here - and Ford holds the card. There's a HUGE demand, and they are in control of the supply.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OR in an alternate reality. Only X amount of reservations convert to orders and there are enough built to satisfy everyone by October/November :)
I used to believe in fairytales too, buddy. ;)

I really hope that's the case. As long as it doesn't come in too close to my wife's birthday and she expects jewelry to top the Bronco, lol, I'll be fine.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What you’re not seeing is that bigger dealers will get much more of their orders for Broncos filled in 2021 than smaller dealers. Small dealers will get Broncos in drips. This removes any reason for Ford dealers to compete with each other as anyone who moves to a smaller, more competitive dealer will have to wait longer to get their bronco. Sometimes much much longer.
Not exactly true, Ford has made it better for the small dealerships that had "unique" ways of marketing...
Sponsored