First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbirds, Mustangs, a Lincoln and Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford did say that they intend to produce all ordered reservations in the 2021 model year...

After reading all the joy, then panic then doom and gloom over the last 2 days, all I care about is getting my reserved Bronco sometime next year BEFORE I start seeing them on dealer lots with ADMs.

I did not order until August 1st, so I neither need nor expect to get one of the first off the assembly line. But I was promised, by Ford, that if I gave them $100, more than a year before the vehicle would even be available, then I would earn the right to receive one of the first Broncos first come first served.

They promised us that no dealer stock would even be built before all our reservation orders were built. And if my math is right, we gave them $16.5 Million Dollars up front to thank them for that honor.

So if they tell me that now, because some of their tier one dealers bitched about allocations (whatever that REALLY means), that now dealer stock orders will be filled before some of our orders are filled, then EFF Ford. EFF them to Automotive Hell.

I really want a new Bronco.....but I don't need to spend $60,000 on a pretty new toy. Do you know how many really nice CJ7s I could buy for $60K? I could practically build an early Bronco from scratch with all new parts for that same money. And I'd probably love it more because I built it.

There are several makes and models, new and used, out there that would serve my needs for a retirement toy quite nicely for $60K or less.

So Ford, IF YOU'RE LISTENING, Don't take us for granted. We stood by you when you were down and we're ready to reward you with our loyalty if you put out a good product. But if you piss off your customers.....you won't have any.

-Brian
Ford Truck owner
Multiple Ford Thunderbird owner
Multiple Ford Mustang owner
Ford Focus owner
Lincoln Continental Owner
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP, very well said, and as diplomatic as a person could be.
I’d also throw in there that we are buying sight unseen, vehicle in-sat in, undriven, all on faith and what we can believe it will be.
to go out on such a leap of faith, to me, should show a commitment on our parts. We need a commitment from Ford that customer service and honor mean something in today’s world.
we are willing to invest between 30 and 60 grand on a vehicle in a very uncertain economic time. That should also speak volumes.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When Albert disappeared at 4:30 yesterday, everybody got nervous. Little did we know he was probably just zooming with his grandkids and then decided to hit the sack early. ?

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Means squat to my wife or I. She’s not buying a Bronco just for the top removal, which will require me to do anyways. I have a wrangler sitting in my garage and rarely ever run with no top. Its either a safari top during summer or soft top during winter. Sure, I use trail doors during summer but I can count on one hand how many times I road completely doorless in the last 7yrs. as a matter of fact, my jeep had been driven less than 2k miles since I bought my F150 2.5yrs ago. I have the pano/moonroof in my truck, and have probably opened up it up 10 times in those 2.5yrs. If the 4runner has the sunroof option, which it will, thats all the wife cares about.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The level of constant complaining on this site is bewildering. You're all so dang excited about the Bronco BUT [insert issue with color or interior or towing capability or available options or marketing or communication or Mike Levine or the location of the got-danged bottle opener!] Jesus Christ. It's a car. It doesn't define you. Aren't there more important things you could be indignant about? You're not obliged to buy it and Ford doesn't owe you anything.

I just for the life of me don't understand the incessant complaining about something that you then claim you're so excited to buy. And, again, it's a car. It's not exactly 100% what I want either and I'm annoyed that it's not sitting in my driveway right now, but to get all frothy over not getting exactly what you want exactly when you want it seems freaking infantile.

From my name you can tell Ford is not my favorite car in the world ( we have two in the household ) Bronco got me attached and super excited, just like a lot of people here I have tons of questions that needs answers, Ford should focus on keeping us excited rather than getting cold because we are the majority who Ford is trying to win, the people on the fence who already made a reservation, it will be much harder to win a dude who just bought his brand new Jeep or 4Runner, so keeping us posted and excited is the minimum I think they should do otherwise we will take our money elsewhere, also car guys love cars, so when they are ready for new car they are ready for new car, if things doesn't make a lot of sense or appears to take forever then they will move forward!!! When I reserved my dealer told me configurator is up in August, here we are 4 days away from October and still no news! If they can't pull the trigger on a website I have my doubt they will fulfill their orders on time.

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford...
Over analyzed, overreacted, catered, to their large dealerships

forgot that the actual reservation orders drive the business model, coin in hand pays the bills ford...
I love the bronco, like no other vehicle, but in the end it’s a vehicle and won’t play stupid games with this company...
I won’t be blinded for my love of a vehicle that I will allow my principals of a consumer to be compromised ...
Actually F-150 pays all the bills and makes all the money. F150 on it's own is bigger than many major big-time companies. Ford will sell every Bronco they can make for many years. Call it a good problem to have from a Ford perspective.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually F-150 pays all the bills and makes all the money. F150 on it's own is bigger than many major big-time companies. Ford will sell every Bronco they can make for many years. Call it a good problem to have from a Ford perspective.
Nope the customer buying the F150 is still driving the money train brother ...

without them the F150 sits in a manufacturing plant all by itself ..

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I see this playing out 1 of 3 ways in my house:
1. Ford can either get $140k from my wife & I on 2 new vehicles
2. We'll stay with Jeep and give them another $110k
3. Toyota swoops in w/ their new 4runner and gets $55k and Jeep still receives $65k.

Both of the first 2 options, and the Jeep part under option 3, I will not be keeping the purchases local here in CO no matter what.
Prestige Jeep in Longmont, CO does 5% below invoice if you have Tread Lightly membership. I bought my last Jeep from Grand Junction Jeep and they were pretty good to deal with too..

Sponsored

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope the customer buying the F150 is still driving the money train brother ...

without them the F150 sits in a manufacturing plant all by itself ..
Duh....

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
From my name you can tell Ford is not my favorite car in the world ( we have two in the household ) Bronco got me attached and super excited, just like a lot of people here I have tons of questions that needs answers, Ford should focus on keeping us excited rather than getting cold because we are the majority who Ford is trying to win, the people on the fence who already made a reservation, it will be much harder to win a dude who just bought his brand new Jeep or 4Runner, so keeping us posted and excited is the minimum I think they should do otherwise we will take our money elsewhere, also car guys love cars, so when they are ready for new car they are ready for new car, if things doesn't make a lot of sense or appears to take forever then they will move forward!!! When I reserved my dealer told me configurator is up in August, here we are 4 days away from October and still no news! If they can't pull the trigger on a website I have my doubt they will fulfill their orders on time.
Keep us posted?

In the last few days we've learned that the Sasquatch package will be available in manual transmission, they're working on a version with factory 37" tires, and there's an exclusive blue for the First Edition trim. And this is just off the top of my head. What more would you like a multibillion dollar, multinational company---one of the most recognizable and storied companies and brands in the world--to do for you, a guy who gave a fully refundable $100 to a dealership?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Prestige Jeep in Longmont, CO does 5% below invoice if you have Tread Lightly membership. I bought my last Jeep from Grand Junction Jeep and they were pretty good to deal with too..
Good to know as thats not too far north from me and yes I have the tread lightly membership. Dealer I was planning to go through for my JT rubicon order, 7% below invoice, coincidentally is in IA just like Grainger.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'd love to see the contracts all you people signed when you tossed out your $100 refundable deposits to Ford, because you all seem to have signed SOMETHING with a lot more promises and details than I ever got.

All I ever got with my $100 refundable deposit was, "Hey thanks! We'll let you know when you can place the real order, and then you'll get your Bronco whenever we get around to building it!"

I almost feel like ya'alls are founding your entire game plan on hearsay and rumors but, no, that would be crazy! Can't be right ...
Sponsored