Sponsored

Messed up reservation and ordering, is this normal for Ford?

BroncoKid

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 & Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
On October 20th (late, I know) I put in reservation.
On February 8th I sent an email to my local dealer listing exactly what I wanted, including the manual transmission and Sasquatch package (along with some other options).
The sales rep entered the order for a manual without the Sasquatch, something I absolutely do not want.
She had me speak to her Sales Manager who said she simply confirmed the build I had entered. That was a flat out lie because I had not entered the order and had not solidified the other options I wanted until I sent his Sales Rep the email.
The dealership wouldn't help sort this out so I contacted Ford's Bronco help line. They got back to me a week and a half ago. Their solution was for me to enter a second reservation, they would move the date of my first reservation to the new reservation, and cancel the order the dealership entered. (They also moved me to a much more responsive dealership. Thank you Ford!)
As of today, it looks like I have a Base on order, with a manual and no Sasquatch, and a Base on reservation, with the October reservation date.

Ford has not canceled my order, the $100 isn't a big deal, but what what would really upset me is if that build goes through, I refuse it and the lousy dealership has one on his lot that he can now sell at a premium AND my $100 evaporates.

Still no Bronco on order and still wondering why Ford's Marketing team can't let me reserve one configured the way I want it, knowing it will be a 2022 delivery and everything is subject to change.
Sponsored

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

im confused... if your Ford account is saying the reservation is with the new dealership that they moved your reservation to and it has the october reservation stamp then theres no issue....

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can't build a Man+squatch because it doesn't exist yet. Just have them make your priority code 99 (don't build) and wait for 22MY options to become available.

OP
OP

BroncoKid

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 & Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
And I would have thought that Dealership #1 would have known that they could have submitted the order as a Code 99, but that was not what they elected to do.

The odd part was they submitted the order without contacting me regarding dropping the Sasquatch package. No comment about them lying to me, which was the last straw in dealing with that dealership.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And I would have thought that Dealership #1 would have known that they could have submitted the order as a Code 99, but that was not what they elected to do.

The odd part was they submitted the order without contacting me regarding dropping the Sasquatch package. No comment about them lying to me, which was the last straw in dealing with that dealership.
The folks on this forum have had proven to them that MANY dealership sales folks do NOT know the full details of this machine like this forum, as we would like to believe anyway, do. Your first dealership just had twits that seemingly didn't care as much about your order as you do.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoKid

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 & Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
They can't build a Man+squatch because it doesn't exist yet. Just have them make your priority code 99 (don't build) and wait for 22MY options to become available.
I now have two reservations. The first that the dealership #1 converted to an order. The second reservation, that Ford's Customer Service had me enter, has the same date as my first reservation, even though I only entered last week. Ford is supposed to cancel the production order that dealership #1 entered on their behalf, they certainly didn't enter on my behalf. This is supposed to leave me with one new reservation with the same date as my first reservation so I retain my spot in line.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I now have two reservations. The first that the dealership #1 converted to an order. The second reservation, that Ford's Customer Service had me enter, has the same date as my first reservation, even though I only entered last week. Ford is supposed to cancel the production order that dealership #1 entered on their behalf, they certainly didn't enter on my behalf. This is supposed to leave me with one new reservation with the same date as my first reservation so I retain my spot in line.
Well no one on this forum can help you with that. Call the Ford Bronco Helpline and don't get off until it's resolved.

Step 1) Call Ford Bronco Helpline and let them know you need to move your wrongly converted over to your new dealership
Step 2) Call your new dealership and make sure your order priority is set to 99

OP
OP

BroncoKid

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 & Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well no one on this forum can help you with that. Call the Ford Bronco Helpline and don't get off until it's resolved.

Step 1) Call Ford Bronco Helpline and let them know you need to move your wrongly converted over to your new dealership
Step 2) Call your new dealership and make sure your order priority is set to 99
That was done last week. What I'm seeing is an artifact of the conversation with the Ford Bronco Helpline.

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Multiple people at Ford Customer Relations have told me multiple times that they cannot cancel your original order and that only the dealership can do that, which they of course have little or no incentive to do.

Ford created a system easily abused by their dealership network and now that their dealership network is abusing it they're saying it's not their problem and there's nothing they can do about it.
Sponsored