Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Although not ideal, I didn't think it was abnormal to find a little bit of metal on a new engine. I guess it's one of the reasons why people like to do initial oil changes right away.

I'm more of the train of thought that is what the oil pickup screen, and oil filter are for.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just posted this in another thread but I have a squeel I've been trying to find in mine. It's almost a high pitch chirping sound when accelerating. It wont do it in park only in motion. I have the 2.7L and checked the oil this morning and found two metal flakes. I only have 2K miles on the vehicle and am not a mechanic but is this cause for concern? I'm going to try and take it to the dealer today but wanted some other opinions.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
Iā€™ve got the same sound with acceleration and can share the video of the noise as well if youā€™re interestedā€¦ā€¦..
Almost 14,000 miles on my 2.7 engine

RustyGString

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve got the same sound with acceleration and can share the video of the noise as well if youā€™re interestedā€¦ā€¦..
Almost 14,000 miles on my 2.7 engine
I have exactly the same sound in my ā€˜23 Badlands with ~2500mi. Any update on what caused it? Iā€™m taking mine to the dealer soon to ask about it.

DapperDeeds

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have exactly the same sound in my ā€˜23 Badlands with ~2500mi. Any update on what caused it? Iā€™m taking mine to the dealer soon to ask about it.
I never found out what did. Sometimes the chirping is worse and sometimes it isn't as bad. It doesn't seem to be affected by letting the vehicle warm up either. I read a while back that someone found it to be their throttle cable being a little long and vibrating when accelerating. Mine sounds more like its coming from the turbo but I took it in and the dealership said they couldn't identify any noise. Its warrantied so until something happens I'm going to enjoy it and turn on my radio.
Sponsored