Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know what I gotta do to get on that front page reel, but I have 90+ pictures I could vomit on here, lol.

Metro Ford Miami event April 3, 2021
Yes!!! They were "real" Broncos!
***There was a Bronco Sport there and it was ignored so hard, I kinda felt bad for it.​

Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend IMG_20210403_094937_332

Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend IMG_20210403_095207_567

When I pulled up to the dealership, I was immediately both excited and bummed; bum-cited? I wanted to see a Sasquatch, 35 inch tires, and, in futility, hoped for a two-door. They drove these from Michigan which is why I suspect nobody will see a two-door any significant distance from the mothership.

Big Bend about to drop a sick album...​
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend IMG_20210403_100700_345

Velocity Blue is really hot in person! It definitely looks better when it's overcast than sunny, but I have to admit it's better than I thought. Enough to sway me from Race Red??? I don't think so, but it would have if I had any other favorite color on order.

Big Bend, Big Mouth​
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend IMG_20210403_101035_489

"Little more driver..."​
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend IMG_20210403_101314_475

The painted black grill is 🔥🔥🔥
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend IMG_20210403_101655_906

Front Camera

Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend IMG_20210403_102556_881

The picture I really wanted: door open and window down!​
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend IMG_20210403_103010_712

Fifty Shades of Velocity Blue, no filter, overcast​
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend 20210403_103202

Yes, this is Rapid Red! It's brighter than the ol' Ruby Red, thank the flying spaghetti monster, and solidified my choice to find some sort of attachment point cover after removing the fenders.
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend 20210403_102058

The real transmission for all of us man-ly masochistic mechanical mashing motorists was pre-zent. I, with all the hubris of someone who is 6'3", glided the seat back to its furthest stop before I hopped in. Aside from width, it felt as roomy as my 2017 F150 and a bit wider than my 2007 JK, but that memory is going the way of Brian Williams. The tilt feature was intuitive and it already felt like I owned my Bronco.

A three-course apology began to form in my head as I went to row the gears without permission. I could not fully depress the clutch. So, after a healthy portion of humble pie and making sure nobody was looking, I scooted the seat closer. Halelujah, I could speed through the gates like any well-made transmission with the engine off.

Some features have turned my head towards a 2.7L Auto, but nothing about the manual transmission itself. It is a little short of ideal, but maybe a shorter person would disagree.

*Forgive the beyond-the-pale nakedness and my unmanicured feet.
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend 20210403_105840

@Beach_Bum and @Ryan P
I didn't get a pic of the OBX dash, but hopefully this shows you enough of what you want to see in the Big Bend. Definitely see some sasquatch hair-itage.
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend 20210403_105838

The male M.C. did complain about the road noise with the soft top, but he said it diplomatically. I have no idea what his frame of reference for NVH is when it comes to soft tops and I'm not always a people person so I didn't ask. It looks like stock Jeep tops, I guess. The wrinkles/creases in the rear quarter that stood out to me so harshly in pictures aren't really that bad in person; barely a flow and not yet a wave. It still looks a bit harsh in this photo, but that's just the photo.
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend 20210403_100406

One more update before I stuff my face...

I, stealthily, picked up the door in the bag. Not that I'm benching 300 anymore, but I can lift heavy objects like eight grocery bags per finger as I fumble in my pocket for my keys... super-strong! :p Seriously, though, it felt like 40lbs and the bag made it super easy. It wasn't cumbersome at all, but I would fab up a cart off of a Harbor Freight dolly to wheel to each portal for use in your garage.
*If you are in this shot and want to be blurred out, let me know.
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend 20210403_110238

@Ryan P and @Flynn1m , The cloth seats felt like... well... cloth seats. I was a bit selfish today and since I'm getting the MGV on muh Badlands I didn't do a full investigation, but a lot of components felt similar to my F150's components. The cloth seats may be slightly less quality than my F150's "unique sport cloth" seats, but it would take a real Princess and the Pea personality to qualify the difference as anything significant. I only got pictures of the cloth interior with my kid sitting in the seat--her favorite color is blue and she's going to learn to drive a manual transmission on my Bronco--and I'm not putting her on the internet at her age; just letting her be a kid. From my former life and owning a Jeep JK perspective, they're much better seats, but they're not quite as good as the cloth seats on an F150 XLT Sport; if I had to rank them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Look at you with the fancy pictures... Everything fuzzy but the Bronco :love:

Still mad at you for the April Fools prank though 🤬🤬

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have any more pics for the big bend? It’s basically the only model that hasn’t been showcased in some form.

On a side note, why does ford feel the need to always put those hideous mud flaps on every big bend? It’d be nice to see one without them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Squatch

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have any more pics for the big bend? It’s basically the only model that hasn’t been showcased in some form.

On a side note, why does ford feel the need to always put those hideous mud flaps on every big bend? It’d be nice to see one without them.
Okay, what do you want to see? Interior?

Put a Stigger on one.
I forgot mine!!!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why is VB ALWAYS my favorite color in photos, but so loud in person?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Squatch Have them take off a flare on the BB and photo document the flappers attachment. Supposedly, the flappers can't be added to any build with the steps/rock rails. Also, these might be the accessory splash guards (DIO) and not the factory flappers ('76 Truck Stop Style).

Also, can you take detailed photos of the dashboard (IP) on the BB and OBX. Supposedly, the HLIP was first available in the OBX and above trims. The prevailing theory is that it is only soft-touch surface that distinguishes the standard IP and HLIP. But in Esteban's Garage Hostage video he alluded to the idea that the engineers were leaning towards including a soft-touch IP on all trims.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Okay, what do you want to see? Interior?

I forgot mine!!!
I want to see the sandstone interior in a Race Red BB... Make it happen! 😁

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why’d you make them look like toy cars? 😂

Thanks for sharing! 👍