Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am the COMPLETE opposite! I'm almost switching, but it's overcast so I know that's making it look better.
Now wait just a dog gone minute here Squatch. I picked Race Red 'cause I wanna be just like you when I grow up. Now, you're thinking about Blue. You listen to me young man, my therapist is certainly gonna hear about this. ;)

BTW, thanks for the pics. I would love to see a pic of the 4 door cargo area with the rear seat backs down. Do ya got one of dem there pictures? If not, that's OK. I have a res to see some Bronco's on 05/05. Maybe I can get one of the "watchers" to let me see one with the seats down.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I can say is I had to look really hard because these pictures look like someone took a matchbox car and took snap shots on it wth is going on!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All I can say is I had to look really hard because these pictures look like someone took a matchbox car and took snap shots on it wth is going on!
Here we are beating up the op because the content quality doesn't meet their standards. Over on another thread, people are beating up the op with good content because the op doesn't choose to offer personal details. I'm surprised that many are so critical of peoples efforts when we're starving here. 😦

Flynn1m

Big Bend
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patroit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't know what I gotta do to get on that front page reel, but I have 90+ pictures I could vomit on here, lol.

Metro Ford Miami event April 3, 2021
Yes!!! They were "real" Broncos!
***There was a Bronco Sport there and it was ignored so hard, I kinda felt bad for it.​

IMG_20210403_094937_332.jpg

IMG_20210403_095207_567.jpg

When I pulled up to the dealership, I was immediately both excited and bummed; bum-cited? I wanted to see a Sasquatch, 35 inch tires, and, in futility, hoped for a two-door. They drove these from Michigan which is why I suspect nobody will see a two-door any significant distance from the mothership.

Big Bend about to drop a sick album...​
IMG_20210403_100700_345.jpg

Velocity Blue is really hot in person! It definitely looks better when it's overcast than sunny, but I have to admit it's better than I thought. Enough to sway me from Race Red??? I don't think so, but it would have if I had any other favorite color on order.

Big Bend, Big Mouth​
IMG_20210403_101035_489.jpg

"Little more driver..."​
IMG_20210403_101314_475.jpg

The painted black grill is 🔥🔥🔥
IMG_20210403_101655_906.jpg

Video of removing the fender: coming soon

Front Camera

IMG_20210403_102556_881.jpg

The picture I really wanted: door open and window down!​
IMG_20210403_103010_712.jpg

Fifty Shades of Velocity Blue, no filter, overcast​
20210403_103202.jpg

Yes, this is Rapid Red! It's brighter than the ol' Ruby Red, thank the flying spaghetti monster, and solidified my choice to find some sort of attachment point cover after removing the fenders.
20210403_102058.jpg

The real transmission for all of us man-ly masochistic mechanical mashing motorists was pre-zent. I, with all the hubris of someone who is 6'3", glided the seat back to its furthest stop before I hopped in. Aside from width, it felt as roomy as my 2017 F150 and a bit wider than my 2007 JK, but that memory is going the way of Brian Williams. The tilt feature was intuitive and it already felt like I owned my Bronco.

A three-course apology began to form in my head as I went to row the gears without permission. I could not fully depress the clutch. So, after a healthy portion of humble pie and making sure nobody was looking, I scooted the seat closer. Halelujah, I could speed through the gates like any well-made transmission with the engine off.

Some features have turned my head towards a 2.7L Auto, but nothing about the manual transmission itself. It is a little short of ideal, but maybe a shorter person would disagree.

*Forgive the beyond-the-pale nakedness and my unmanicured feet.
20210403_105840.jpg

@Beach_Bum and @Ryan P
I didn't get a pic of the OBX dash, but hopefully this shows you enough of what you want to see in the Big Bend. Definitely see some sasquatch hair-itage.
20210403_105838.jpg

The male M.C. did complain about the road noise with the soft top, but he said it diplomatically. I have no idea what his frame of reference for NVH is when it comes to soft tops and I'm not always a people person so I didn't ask. It looks like stock Jeep tops, I guess. The wrinkles/creases in the rear quarter that stood out to me so harshly in pictures aren't really that bad in person; barely a flow and not yet a wave. It still looks a bit harsh in this photo, but that's just the photo.
20210403_100406.jpg

One more update before I stuff my face...

I, stealthily, picked up the door in the bag. Not that I'm benching 300 anymore, but I can lift heavy objects like eight grocery bags per finger as I fumble in my pocket for my keys... super-strong! :p Seriously, though, it felt like 40lbs and the bag made it super easy. It wasn't cumbersome at all, but I would fab up a cart off of a Harbor Freight dolly to wheel to each portal for use in your garage.
*If you are in this shot and want to be blurred out, let me know.
20210403_110238.jpg
Great post! What did you think of the cloth seats in the Big Bend? Any pictures of them?

Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know what I gotta do to get on that front page reel, but I have 90+ pictures I could vomit on here, lol.

Metro Ford Miami event April 3, 2021
Yes!!! They were "real" Broncos!
***There was a Bronco Sport there and it was ignored so hard, I kinda felt bad for it.​

IMG_20210403_094937_332.jpg

IMG_20210403_095207_567.jpg

When I pulled up to the dealership, I was immediately both excited and bummed; bum-cited? I wanted to see a Sasquatch, 35 inch tires, and, in futility, hoped for a two-door. They drove these from Michigan which is why I suspect nobody will see a two-door any significant distance from the mothership.

Big Bend about to drop a sick album...​
IMG_20210403_100700_345.jpg

Velocity Blue is really hot in person! It definitely looks better when it's overcast than sunny, but I have to admit it's better than I thought. Enough to sway me from Race Red??? I don't think so, but it would have if I had any other favorite color on order.

Big Bend, Big Mouth​
IMG_20210403_101035_489.jpg

"Little more driver..."​
IMG_20210403_101314_475.jpg

The painted black grill is 🔥🔥🔥
IMG_20210403_101655_906.jpg

Video of removing the fender: coming soon

Front Camera

IMG_20210403_102556_881.jpg

The picture I really wanted: door open and window down!​
IMG_20210403_103010_712.jpg

Fifty Shades of Velocity Blue, no filter, overcast​
20210403_103202.jpg

Yes, this is Rapid Red! It's brighter than the ol' Ruby Red, thank the flying spaghetti monster, and solidified my choice to find some sort of attachment point cover after removing the fenders.
20210403_102058.jpg

The real transmission for all of us man-ly masochistic mechanical mashing motorists was pre-zent. I, with all the hubris of someone who is 6'3", glided the seat back to its furthest stop before I hopped in. Aside from width, it felt as roomy as my 2017 F150 and a bit wider than my 2007 JK, but that memory is going the way of Brian Williams. The tilt feature was intuitive and it already felt like I owned my Bronco.

A three-course apology began to form in my head as I went to row the gears without permission. I could not fully depress the clutch. So, after a healthy portion of humble pie and making sure nobody was looking, I scooted the seat closer. Halelujah, I could speed through the gates like any well-made transmission with the engine off.

Some features have turned my head towards a 2.7L Auto, but nothing about the manual transmission itself. It is a little short of ideal, but maybe a shorter person would disagree.

*Forgive the beyond-the-pale nakedness and my unmanicured feet.
20210403_105840.jpg

@Beach_Bum and @Ryan P
I didn't get a pic of the OBX dash, but hopefully this shows you enough of what you want to see in the Big Bend. Definitely see some sasquatch hair-itage.
20210403_105838.jpg

The male M.C. did complain about the road noise with the soft top, but he said it diplomatically. I have no idea what his frame of reference for NVH is when it comes to soft tops and I'm not always a people person so I didn't ask. It looks like stock Jeep tops, I guess. The wrinkles/creases in the rear quarter that stood out to me so harshly in pictures aren't really that bad in person; barely a flow and not yet a wave. It still looks a bit harsh in this photo, but that's just the photo.
20210403_100406.jpg

One more update before I stuff my face...

I, stealthily, picked up the door in the bag. Not that I'm benching 300 anymore, but I can lift heavy objects like eight grocery bags per finger as I fumble in my pocket for my keys... super-strong! :p Seriously, though, it felt like 40lbs and the bag made it super easy. It wasn't cumbersome at all, but I would fab up a cart off of a Harbor Freight dolly to wheel to each portal for use in your garage.
*If you are in this shot and want to be blurred out, let me know.
20210403_110238.jpg
What did you think about the cloth seats in the BB? Looks, comfort, stain resistance, durability... Thoughts? Again, thank you for all of the commentary. I've been waiting to hear actual reviews from real people and especially other B6G forum members.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That confirms that those are the Splash Guards (DIO) and not the Factory Flappers. Also, way to go Ford in eliminating the modularity that they are so proud to brag about. Attach a splash guard such that you can't remove the flare. 👏 Rockstars...
Could those clips be holding it on?

Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend Screenshot_20210403-182757_Brave

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Now wait just a dog gone minute here Squatch. I picked Race Red 'cause I wanna be just like you when I grow up. Now, you're thinking about Blue. You listen to me young man, my therapist is certainly gonna hear about this. ;)
@Squatch

Blue, blue
Look at you
Looking so good
Time for a new hue

😈🧘

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BTW, thanks for the pics. I would love to see a pic of the 4 door cargo area with the rear seat backs down. Do ya got one of dem there pictures? If not, that's OK. I have a res to see some Bronco's on 05/05. Maybe I can get one of the "watchers" to let me see one with the seats down.
I say both of you go Blue. Leave my Race Red alone! 🤬 🤬

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those were my two colors I was going back and fourth with . I went Rapid Red. But I love my blues

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend Screenshot_20210403-182757_Brave
Partly, but just below the circled clips you'll see a threaded plastic fastener that goes through the flare. Also, in the uncropped portion of the photo you'll see the fasteners attaching the splash guard to the wheel well.

So while the splash guard can be removed, you won't be continuously reattaching the guard through the same attachment points without comprising the felt wheel well liners. It's a real lazy solution that Ford should have been able to incorporate the splash guard mount to utilize the same quick-release points as the flares do.

Some will counter that you wouldn't be removing the splash guards on regular basis. But with the modularity that Ford likes to brag about, it would have been wise that someone can opt for a splash guard on the highway so the side of their vehicle doesn't have a rooster tail of road salt, but also to take off the splash guard when heading off road for ground clearance. With this mounting solution, someone will tear apart their felt wheel well when the guard catches on a rock/limb.

cdoublev

Black Diamond
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok so this makes me not hate the BB wheels as much as I thought in earlier pics. In fact I kinda like them, especially complimenting the grill

OP
OP
Squatch

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Screenshot_20210403-182757_Brave.jpg
I got a slightly better pic. The clips just keep the upper part from flapping at freeway speeds, etc.
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend 20210403_110125

Edit (I don't know why the hell I took so many pictures of the attachment points):
More clip pics from the passenger side.
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend 20210403_105501

Last edited: